8.4.4: Navigation Panel has no content!

Craig Wright
Howdy again,

I just upgraded to 8.4.4 via the Ubuntu packages, and the Navigation Panel has no content whatsoever! It’s blank except for the title. Is there a quick or obvious fix for this?

Thanks,
Craig

Re: 8.4.4: Navigation Panel has no content!

Ludovic Dubost
Did your upgrade go through ? When you started XWiki after the debian
package upgrade you should have seen the distribution wizard to complete
the upgrade.

Maybe your http issue is the cause. If it's that try accepting the
http/https mixed content from chrome and/or go back to http to finalize the
upgrade

Ludovic

Le 12 janv. 2017 08:57, "Craig Wright" <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> Howdy again,
>
> I just upgraded to 8.4.4 via the Ubuntu packages, and the Navigation Panel
> has no content whatsoever! It’s blank except for the title. Is there a
> quick or obvious fix for this?
>
> Thanks,
> Craig

Re: 8.4.4: Navigation Panel has no content!

Craig Wright
These are the errors I am seeing in Chome; this may be related to my last bug in which it is possible the XWiki Enterprise theme did not correctly upgraded to 8.4.4:

require.min.js?r=1:34 GET https://wiki.swansway.com/xwiki/webjars/wiki%3Axwiki/xwiki-platform-tree-webjar/8.4.3/require-config.min.js?evaluate=true
g.load @ require.min.js?r=1:34
load @ require.min.js?r=1:29
load @ require.min.js?r=1:17
fetch @ require.min.js?r=1:17
check @ require.min.js?r=1:17
enable @ require.min.js?r=1:23
enable @ require.min.js?r=1:27
(anonymous) @ require.min.js?r=1:22
(anonymous) @ require.min.js?r=1:7
y @ require.min.js?r=1:6
enable @ require.min.js?r=1:21
init @ require.min.js?r=1:16
(anonymous) @ require.min.js?r=1:26

require.min.js?r=1:7 Uncaught Error: Script error for "/xwiki/webjars/wiki%3Axwiki/xwiki-platform-tree-webjar/8.4.3/require-config.min.js?evaluate=true"
http://requirejs.org/docs/errors.html#scripterror
    at F (require.min.js?r=1:7)
    at HTMLScriptElement.onScriptError (require.min.js?r=1:30)

Thanks,
Craig

> On Jan 11, 2017, at 10:57 PM, Craig Wright <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Howdy again,
>
> I just upgraded to 8.4.4 via the Ubuntu packages, and the Navigation Panel has no content whatsoever! It’s blank except for the title. Is there a quick or obvious fix for this?
>
> Thanks,
> Craig

Re: 8.4.4: Navigation Panel has no content!

Craig Wright
Hi Ludovic,

It appears as if it did. When I look at the installed extensions, I see:

XWiki Enterprise - UI - Tour 8.4.4
XWiki Enterprise Flavor - Main Wiki 8.4.4
XWiki Enterprise - UI - Common 8.4.4

The "XWiki Enterprise Flavor - Main Wiki”  was the extension that choked on the Distribution Wizard with the mixed content error; I clicked “Later” but it looks like the upgrade worked, or kinda worked?

Thanks,
Craig

> On Jan 11, 2017, at 11:03 PM, Ludovic Dubost <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Did your upgrade go through ? When you started XWiki after the debian
> package upgrade you should have seen the distribution wizard to complete
> the upgrade.
>
> Maybe your http issue is the cause. If it's that try accepting the
> http/https mixed content from chrome and/or go back to http to finalize the
> upgrade
>
> Ludovic
>
> Le 12 janv. 2017 08:57, "Craig Wright" <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
>> Howdy again,
>>
>> I just upgraded to 8.4.4 via the Ubuntu packages, and the Navigation Panel
>> has no content whatsoever! It’s blank except for the title. Is there a
>> quick or obvious fix for this?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Craig

Re: 8.4.4: Navigation Panel has no content!

Ludovic Dubost
Indeed this looks upgraded. Now if you are getting errors in chrome on the
home page the. That could be the empty document tree as it does JavaScript.
The http/https issue might be more general. You might have found a blocker
bug on 8.4.x

Ludovic

Le 12 janv. 2017 09:12, "Craig Wright" <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> Hi Ludovic,
>
> It appears as if it did. When I look at the installed extensions, I see:
>
> XWiki Enterprise - UI - Tour 8.4.4
> XWiki Enterprise Flavor - Main Wiki 8.4.4
> XWiki Enterprise - UI - Common 8.4.4
>
> The "XWiki Enterprise Flavor - Main Wiki”  was the extension that choked
> on the Distribution Wizard with the mixed content error; I clicked “Later”
> but it looks like the upgrade worked, or kinda worked?
>
> Thanks,
> Craig
>
> > On Jan 11, 2017, at 11:03 PM, Ludovic Dubost <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Did your upgrade go through ? When you started XWiki after the debian
> > package upgrade you should have seen the distribution wizard to complete
> > the upgrade.
> >
> > Maybe your http issue is the cause. If it's that try accepting the
> > http/https mixed content from chrome and/or go back to http to finalize
> the
> > upgrade
> >
> > Ludovic
> >
> > Le 12 janv. 2017 08:57, "Craig Wright" <[hidden email]> a écrit :
> >
> >> Howdy again,
> >>
> >> I just upgraded to 8.4.4 via the Ubuntu packages, and the Navigation
> Panel
> >> has no content whatsoever! It’s blank except for the title. Is there a
> >> quick or obvious fix for this?
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> Craig

Re: 8.4.4: Navigation Panel has no content!

Craig Wright
Haha awesome.

I should add that I get the same error when I try to edit a page. Most of the page loads but the edit control (MCE — UI widgets and textarea or input or whatever) just shows a loading spinner forever with the same error as below.

I filed http://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XE-1602 <http://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XE-1602> for the mixed content issue; however that was an issue that was also in 8.4.3.

Should I file another issue for this?

Thanks,
Craig

> On Jan 11, 2017, at 11:19 PM, Ludovic Dubost <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Indeed this looks upgraded. Now if you are getting errors in chrome on the
> home page the. That could be the empty document tree as it does JavaScript.
> The http/https issue might be more general. You might have found a blocker
> bug on 8.4.x
>
> Ludovic
>
> Le 12 janv. 2017 09:12, "Craig Wright" <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
>> Hi Ludovic,
>>
>> It appears as if it did. When I look at the installed extensions, I see:
>>
>> XWiki Enterprise - UI - Tour 8.4.4
>> XWiki Enterprise Flavor - Main Wiki 8.4.4
>> XWiki Enterprise - UI - Common 8.4.4
>>
>> The "XWiki Enterprise Flavor - Main Wiki”  was the extension that choked
>> on the Distribution Wizard with the mixed content error; I clicked “Later”
>> but it looks like the upgrade worked, or kinda worked?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Craig
>>
>>> On Jan 11, 2017, at 11:03 PM, Ludovic Dubost <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Did your upgrade go through ? When you started XWiki after the debian
>>> package upgrade you should have seen the distribution wizard to complete
>>> the upgrade.
>>>
>>> Maybe your http issue is the cause. If it's that try accepting the
>>> http/https mixed content from chrome and/or go back to http to finalize
>> the
>>> upgrade
>>>
>>> Ludovic

>> Panel

Re: 8.4.4: Navigation Panel has no content!

Craig Wright
Additionally — should I attempt to downgrade via Ubuntu packages; or should I wait it out for a fix? As-is the site is unusable; this is all new to me so I do not know how gracefully y’all handle downgrades. ;)

Thanks,
Craig

> On Jan 11, 2017, at 11:23 PM, Craig Wright <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Haha awesome.
>
> I should add that I get the same error when I try to edit a page. Most of the page loads but the edit control (MCE — UI widgets and textarea or input or whatever) just shows a loading spinner forever with the same error as below.
>
> I filed http://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XE-1602 <http://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XE-1602> for the mixed content issue; however that was an issue that was also in 8.4.3.
>
> Should I file another issue for this?
>
> Thanks,
> Craig
>
>> On Jan 11, 2017, at 11:19 PM, Ludovic Dubost <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Indeed this looks upgraded. Now if you are getting errors in chrome on the
>> home page the. That could be the empty document tree as it does JavaScript.
>> The http/https issue might be more general. You might have found a blocker
>> bug on 8.4.x
>>
>> Ludovic
>>
>> Le 12 janv. 2017 09:12, "Craig Wright" <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>>
>>> Hi Ludovic,
>>>
>>> It appears as if it did. When I look at the installed extensions, I see:
>>>
>>> XWiki Enterprise - UI - Tour 8.4.4
>>> XWiki Enterprise Flavor - Main Wiki 8.4.4
>>> XWiki Enterprise - UI - Common 8.4.4
>>>
>>> The "XWiki Enterprise Flavor - Main Wiki”  was the extension that choked
>>> on the Distribution Wizard with the mixed content error; I clicked “Later”
>>> but it looks like the upgrade worked, or kinda worked?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Craig

>>> the

>>> Panel

Re: 8.4.4: Navigation Panel has no content!

Ludovic Dubost
Either retrieving a backup or move temporarily to http until there is a fix.

I don't think there is a downgrade path

Ludovic

Le 12 janv. 2017 09:23, "Craig Wright" <[hidden email]> a écrit :

Haha awesome.

I should add that I get the same error when I try to edit a page. Most of
the page loads but the edit control (MCE — UI widgets and textarea or input
or whatever) just shows a loading spinner forever with the same error as
below.

I filed http://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XE-1602 <http://jira.xwiki.org/browse/
XE-1602> for the mixed content issue; however that was an issue that was
also in 8.4.3.

Should I file another issue for this?

Not yet I would say. Wait for the team to see if they can reproduce and if
it's a general issue

Craig

> On Jan 11, 2017, at 11:19 PM, Ludovic Dubost <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Indeed this looks upgraded. Now if you are getting errors in chrome on the
> home page the. That could be the empty document tree as it does
JavaScript.

> The http/https issue might be more general. You might have found a blocker
> bug on 8.4.x
>
> Ludovic
>
> Le 12 janv. 2017 09:12, "Craig Wright" <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
>> Hi Ludovic,
>>
>> It appears as if it did. When I look at the installed extensions, I see:
>>
>> XWiki Enterprise - UI - Tour 8.4.4
>> XWiki Enterprise Flavor - Main Wiki 8.4.4
>> XWiki Enterprise - UI - Common 8.4.4
>>
>> The "XWiki Enterprise Flavor - Main Wiki”  was the extension that choked
>> on the Distribution Wizard with the mixed content error; I clicked
“Later”

>> but it looks like the upgrade worked, or kinda worked?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Craig
>>
>>> On Jan 11, 2017, at 11:03 PM, Ludovic Dubost <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Did your upgrade go through ? When you started XWiki after the debian
>>> package upgrade you should have seen the distribution wizard to complete
>>> the upgrade.
>>>
>>> Maybe your http issue is the cause. If it's that try accepting the
>>> http/https mixed content from chrome and/or go back to http to finalize
>> the
>>> upgrade
>>>
>>> Ludovic

>> Panel

Re: 8.4.4: Navigation Panel has no content!

Craig Wright
OK, thanks for your help!

Thanks,
Craig

> On Jan 11, 2017, at 11:30 PM, Ludovic Dubost <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Le 12 janv. 2017 09:23, "Craig Wright" <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
> Haha awesome.
>
> I should add that I get the same error when I try to edit a page. Most of
> the page loads but the edit control (MCE — UI widgets and textarea or input
> or whatever) just shows a loading spinner forever with the same error as
> below.
>
> I filed http://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XE-1602 <http://jira.xwiki.org/browse/
> XE-1602> for the mixed content issue; however that was an issue that was
> also in 8.4.3.
>
> Should I file another issue for this?
>

> Not yet I would say. Wait for the team to see if they can reproduce and if
> it's a general issue
>
> Ludovic
>

> Thanks,
> Craig
>
>> On Jan 11, 2017, at 11:19 PM, Ludovic Dubost <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Indeed this looks upgraded. Now if you are getting errors in chrome on the
>> home page the. That could be the empty document tree as it does
> JavaScript.
>> The http/https issue might be more general. You might have found a blocker
>> bug on 8.4.x
>>
>> Ludovic
>>
>> Le 12 janv. 2017 09:12, "Craig Wright" <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>>
>>> Hi Ludovic,
>>>
>>> It appears as if it did. When I look at the installed extensions, I see:
>>>
>>> XWiki Enterprise - UI - Tour 8.4.4
>>> XWiki Enterprise Flavor - Main Wiki 8.4.4
>>> XWiki Enterprise - UI - Common 8.4.4
>>>
>>> The "XWiki Enterprise Flavor - Main Wiki”  was the extension that choked
>>> on the Distribution Wizard with the mixed content error; I clicked
> “Later”
>>> but it looks like the upgrade worked, or kinda worked?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Craig

>>> the

>>> Panel

Re: 8.4.4: Navigation Panel has no content!

Craig Wright
Well, I fixed this particular issue with the following terrible hack to my /etc/nginx/sites-available/xwiki file:

    rewrite ^(.*)/8.4.3/(.*)$ $1/8.4.4/$2 last;

yeeeah. On the plus side, everything seems to be working great. ;D

I will keep the list posted with my continued adventures.

Be well,
Craig

> On Jan 11, 2017, at 11:33 PM, Craig Wright <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> OK, thanks for your help!
>
> Thanks,
> Craig
>
>> On Jan 11, 2017, at 11:30 PM, Ludovic Dubost <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Le 12 janv. 2017 09:23, "Craig Wright" <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>>
>> Haha awesome.
>>
>> I should add that I get the same error when I try to edit a page. Most of
>> the page loads but the edit control (MCE — UI widgets and textarea or input
>> or whatever) just shows a loading spinner forever with the same error as
>> below.
>>
>> I filed http://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XE-1602 <http://jira.xwiki.org/browse/
>> XE-1602> for the mixed content issue; however that was an issue that was
>> also in 8.4.3.
>>
>> Should I file another issue for this?
>>

>> Not yet I would say. Wait for the team to see if they can reproduce and if
>> it's a general issue
>>
>> Ludovic
>>

>> Thanks,
>> Craig
>>
>>> On Jan 11, 2017, at 11:19 PM, Ludovic Dubost <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Indeed this looks upgraded. Now if you are getting errors in chrome on the
>>> home page the. That could be the empty document tree as it does
>> JavaScript.
>>> The http/https issue might be more general. You might have found a blocker
>>> bug on 8.4.x
>>>
>>> Ludovic

>> “Later”

Re: 8.4.4: Navigation Panel has no content!

Ludovic Dubost
Hum weird fix. So it could be a module did not upgrade. Do you know which
urls match this rule ?

Ludovic

Le 12 janv. 2017 09:46, "Craig Wright" <[hidden email]> a écrit :

Well, I fixed this particular issue with the following terrible hack to my
/etc/nginx/sites-available/xwiki file:

    rewrite ^(.*)/8.4.3/(.*)$ $1/8.4.4/$2 last;

yeeeah. On the plus side, everything seems to be working great. ;D

I will keep the list posted with my continued adventures.

Be well,
Craig

> On Jan 11, 2017, at 11:33 PM, Craig Wright <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> OK, thanks for your help!
>
> Thanks,
> Craig
>
>> On Jan 11, 2017, at 11:30 PM, Ludovic Dubost <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Le 12 janv. 2017 09:23, "Craig Wright" <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>>
>> Haha awesome.
>>
>> I should add that I get the same error when I try to edit a page. Most of
>> the page loads but the edit control (MCE — UI widgets and textarea or
input
>> or whatever) just shows a loading spinner forever with the same error as
>> below.
>>
>> I filed http://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XE-1602 <
http://jira.xwiki.org/browse/
>> XE-1602> for the mixed content issue; however that was an issue that was
>> also in 8.4.3.
>>
>> Should I file another issue for this?
>>

>> Not yet I would say. Wait for the team to see if they can reproduce and
if

>> it's a general issue
>>
>> Ludovic
>>

>> Thanks,
>> Craig
>>
>>> On Jan 11, 2017, at 11:19 PM, Ludovic Dubost <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Indeed this looks upgraded. Now if you are getting errors in chrome on
the
>>> home page the. That could be the empty document tree as it does
>> JavaScript.
>>> The http/https issue might be more general. You might have found a
blocker
>>> bug on 8.4.x
>>>
>>> Ludovic

>> “Later”

finalize

Re: 8.4.4: Navigation Panel has no content!

Craig Wright
My assumption is only that file I reported in the earlier email:

/xwiki/webjars/wiki%3Axwiki/xwiki-platform-tree-webjar/8.4.3/require-config.min.js

-C

> On Jan 11, 2017, at 11:53 PM, Ludovic Dubost <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hum weird fix. So it could be a module did not upgrade. Do you know which
> urls match this rule ?
>
> Ludovic
>
> Le 12 janv. 2017 09:46, "Craig Wright" <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
> Well, I fixed this particular issue with the following terrible hack to my
> /etc/nginx/sites-available/xwiki file:
>
>    rewrite ^(.*)/8.4.3/(.*)$ $1/8.4.4/$2 last;
>
> yeeeah. On the plus side, everything seems to be working great. ;D
>
> I will keep the list posted with my continued adventures.
>
> Be well,
> Craig
>
>> On Jan 11, 2017, at 11:33 PM, Craig Wright <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> OK, thanks for your help!
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Craig
>>
>>> On Jan 11, 2017, at 11:30 PM, Ludovic Dubost <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Le 12 janv. 2017 09:23, "Craig Wright" <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>>>
>>> Haha awesome.
>>>
>>> I should add that I get the same error when I try to edit a page. Most of
>>> the page loads but the edit control (MCE — UI widgets and textarea or
> input
>>> or whatever) just shows a loading spinner forever with the same error as
>>> below.
>>>
>>> I filed http://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XE-1602 <
> http://jira.xwiki.org/browse/
>>> XE-1602> for the mixed content issue; however that was an issue that was
>>> also in 8.4.3.
>>>
>>> Should I file another issue for this?
>>>

>>> Not yet I would say. Wait for the team to see if they can reproduce and
> if
>>> it's a general issue
>>>
>>> Ludovic
>>>

>>> Thanks,
>>> Craig

> the
>>> JavaScript.
> blocker

> see:

> choked
>>> “Later”

> complete

> finalize

Re: 8.4.4: Navigation Panel has no content!

Craig Wright
OK just for fun: here are all the network resources being loaded that come up in Chome as having “8.4” in the URL, as being requested by the Main wiki page:

/xwiki/webjars/wiki%3Axwiki/xwiki-platform-tree-webjar/8.4.4/tree.min.css
/xwiki/webjars/wiki%3Axwiki/xwiki-platform-tree-webjar/8.4.3/require-config.min.js
/xwiki/webjars/wiki%3Axwiki/xwiki-platform-tree-webjar/8.4.4/tree.min.js
/xwiki/webjars/wiki%3Axwiki/xwiki-platform-job-webjar/8.4.4/jobRunner.min.js
/xwiki/webjars/wiki%3Axwiki/xwiki-platform-tree-webjar/8.4.4/finder.min.js
/xwiki/webjars/wiki%3Axwiki/xwiki-platform-tree-webjar/8.4.4/32px.png

Given that ONLY require-config.min.js has this issue, I gotta wonder if this is just an 8.4.4 bug; something hard-coded somewhere? But I have no idea how any of this works, so it could be an install issue.

Thanks,
Craig

> On Jan 12, 2017, at 12:30 AM, Craig Wright <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> My assumption is only that file I reported in the earlier email:
>
> /xwiki/webjars/wiki%3Axwiki/xwiki-platform-tree-webjar/8.4.3/require-config.min.js
>

> -C
>
>> On Jan 11, 2017, at 11:53 PM, Ludovic Dubost <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hum weird fix. So it could be a module did not upgrade. Do you know which
>> urls match this rule ?
>>
>> Ludovic
>>
>> Le 12 janv. 2017 09:46, "Craig Wright" <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>>
>> Well, I fixed this particular issue with the following terrible hack to my
>> /etc/nginx/sites-available/xwiki file:
>>
>>   rewrite ^(.*)/8.4.3/(.*)$ $1/8.4.4/$2 last;
>>
>> yeeeah. On the plus side, everything seems to be working great. ;D
>>
>> I will keep the list posted with my continued adventures.
>>
>> Be well,
>> Craig
>>
>>> On Jan 11, 2017, at 11:33 PM, Craig Wright <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> OK, thanks for your help!
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Craig

>> input

>> http://jira.xwiki.org/browse/

>> if

>> the
>> blocker

>> see:

>> choked

>> complete

>> finalize

Re: 8.4.4: Navigation Panel has no content!

Hi Craig,

> On 12 Jan 2017, at 09:37, Craig Wright <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> OK just for fun: here are all the network resources being loaded that come up in Chome as having “8.4” in the URL, as being requested by the Main wiki page:
>
> /xwiki/webjars/wiki%3Axwiki/xwiki-platform-tree-webjar/8.4.4/tree.min.css
> /xwiki/webjars/wiki%3Axwiki/xwiki-platform-tree-webjar/8.4.3/require-config.min.js
> /xwiki/webjars/wiki%3Axwiki/xwiki-platform-tree-webjar/8.4.4/tree.min.js
> /xwiki/webjars/wiki%3Axwiki/xwiki-platform-job-webjar/8.4.4/jobRunner.min.js
> /xwiki/webjars/wiki%3Axwiki/xwiki-platform-tree-webjar/8.4.4/finder.min.js
> /xwiki/webjars/wiki%3Axwiki/xwiki-platform-tree-webjar/8.4.4/32px.png

That’s weird, I’ve just downloaded a clean XWiki 8.4.4 jetty/hsqldb zip and check the home page and I got:

http://localhost:8080/xwiki/webjars/wiki%3Axwiki/xwiki-platform-tree-webjar/8.4.4/require-config.min.js?evaluate=true

My guess is that you made a mistake during the upgrade. Could it be that you copied the 8.4.4 WAR content over an existing xwiki 8.4.3 install? In which case that would explain that you have both versions in your WEB-INF/lib directory?

You should not do this :) Please check http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/AdminGuide/Upgrade

" Just make sure you don't install the new version over the old one (both installations need to exist)."

> Given that ONLY require-config.min.js has this issue, I gotta wonder if this is just an 8.4.4 bug; something hard-coded somewhere? But I have no idea how any of this works, so it could be an install issue.
>
> Thanks,
> Craig
>

>> On Jan 12, 2017, at 12:30 AM, Craig Wright <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> My assumption is only that file I reported in the earlier email:
>>
>> /xwiki/webjars/wiki%3Axwiki/xwiki-platform-tree-webjar/8.4.3/require-config.min.js
>>

>> -C
>>
>>> On Jan 11, 2017, at 11:53 PM, Ludovic Dubost <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hum weird fix. So it could be a module did not upgrade. Do you know which
>>> urls match this rule ?
>>>
>>> Ludovic
>>>
>>> Le 12 janv. 2017 09:46, "Craig Wright" <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>>>
>>> Well, I fixed this particular issue with the following terrible hack to my
>>> /etc/nginx/sites-available/xwiki file:
>>>
>>>  rewrite ^(.*)/8.4.3/(.*)$ $1/8.4.4/$2 last;
>>>
>>> yeeeah. On the plus side, everything seems to be working great. ;D
>>>
>>> I will keep the list posted with my continued adventures.
>>>
>>> Be well,
>>> Craig

>>> input

>>> http://jira.xwiki.org/browse/

>>> if

>>> the
>>> blocker

>>> see:

>>> choked

>>> complete

>>> finalize

Re: 8.4.4: Navigation Panel has no content!

Marius Dumitru Florea
Did you clear the browser cache after the upgrade?

On Thu, Jan 12, 2017 at 11:13 AM, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Craig,
>
> > On 12 Jan 2017, at 09:37, Craig Wright <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > OK just for fun: here are all the network resources being loaded that
> come up in Chome as having “8.4” in the URL, as being requested by the Main
> wiki page:
> >
> > /xwiki/webjars/wiki%3Axwiki/xwiki-platform-tree-webjar/8.
> 4.4/tree.min.css
> > /xwiki/webjars/wiki%3Axwiki/xwiki-platform-tree-webjar/8.
> 4.3/require-config.min.js
> > /xwiki/webjars/wiki%3Axwiki/xwiki-platform-tree-webjar/8.4.4/tree.min.js
> > /xwiki/webjars/wiki%3Axwiki/xwiki-platform-job-webjar/8.4.
> 4/jobRunner.min.js
> > /xwiki/webjars/wiki%3Axwiki/xwiki-platform-tree-webjar/8.
> 4.4/finder.min.js
> > /xwiki/webjars/wiki%3Axwiki/xwiki-platform-tree-webjar/8.4.4/32px.png
> >

> That’s weird, I’ve just downloaded a clean XWiki 8.4.4 jetty/hsqldb zip
> and check the home page and I got:
>
> http://localhost:8080/xwiki/webjars/wiki%3Axwiki/xwiki-
> platform-tree-webjar/8.4.4/require-config.min.js?evaluate=true
>
> My guess is that you made a mistake during the upgrade. Could it be that
> you copied the 8.4.4 WAR content over an existing xwiki 8.4.3 install? In
> which case that would explain that you have both versions in your
> WEB-INF/lib directory?
>
> You should not do this :) Please check http://platform.xwiki.org/
> xwiki/bin/view/AdminGuide/Upgrade
>
> " Just make sure you don't install the new version over the old one (both
> installations need to exist)."

> > Given that ONLY require-config.min.js has this issue, I gotta wonder if
> this is just an 8.4.4 bug; something hard-coded somewhere? But I have no
> idea how any of this works, so it could be an install issue.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Craig
> >

> >> On Jan 12, 2017, at 12:30 AM, Craig Wright <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >>
> >> My assumption is only that file I reported in the earlier email:
> >>
> >> /xwiki/webjars/wiki%3Axwiki/xwiki-platform-tree-webjar/8.
> 4.3/require-config.min.js
> >>

> >> -C

> which

> to my

> Most of
> error as

> was

> and

> on

> :

> debian

> Navigation
> there

Re: 8.4.4: Navigation Panel has no content!

Craig Wright
I did a “shift-refresh” and the problem seems to have gone away. I should have tried that earlier.

Is there a reason why that would have happened? Is the file that requests require-config.min.js unversioned? Although a hard reload is a reasonable solution for myself, I am supporting a not-tech-saavy community of users for whom this would be asking too much.

With regards to installation, I installed/upgraded using Debian packages on Ubuntu 16.04.

Thanks,
Craig

> [...]
>> error as

>> was

>> and

>> on

>> :

>> debian

>> Navigation
>> there

Re: 8.4.4: Navigation Panel has no content!

> On 12 Jan 2017, at 20:35, Craig Wright <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I did a “shift-refresh” and the problem seems to have gone away. I should have tried that earlier.
>
> Is there a reason why that would have happened? Is the file that requests require-config.min.js unversioned? Although a hard reload is a reasonable solution for myself, I am supporting a not-tech-saavy community of users for whom this would be asking too much.
>
> With regards to installation, I installed/upgraded using Debian packages on Ubuntu 16.04.

Ok so forget my guess, it was a wrong one and Marius had the right hunch ;)

> Craig
>

>> On Jan 12, 2017, at 2:05 AM, Marius Dumitru Florea <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Did you clear the browser cache after the upgrade?
>>
>> On Thu, Jan 12, 2017 at 11:13 AM, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Craig,

>>> come up in Chome as having “8.4” in the URL, as being requested by the Main
>>> wiki page:

>>> 4.4/tree.min.css
>>> 4.3/require-config.min.js
>>> 4/jobRunner.min.js
>>> 4.4/finder.min.js
>>>>

>>> That’s weird, I’ve just downloaded a clean XWiki 8.4.4 jetty/hsqldb zip
>>> and check the home page and I got:
>>>
>>> http://localhost:8080/xwiki/webjars/wiki%3Axwiki/xwiki-
>>> platform-tree-webjar/8.4.4/require-config.min.js?evaluate=true
>>>
>>> My guess is that you made a mistake during the upgrade. Could it be that
>>> you copied the 8.4.4 WAR content over an existing xwiki 8.4.3 install? In
>>> which case that would explain that you have both versions in your
>>> WEB-INF/lib directory?
>>>
>>> You should not do this :) Please check http://platform.xwiki.org/
>>> xwiki/bin/view/AdminGuide/Upgrade
>>>
>>> " Just make sure you don't install the new version over the old one (both
>>> installations need to exist)."
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> -Vincent

>>> this is just an 8.4.4 bug; something hard-coded somewhere? But I have no
>>> idea how any of this works, so it could be an install issue.

>>> 4.3/require-config.min.js

>>> which

>>> to my

>>> Most of
>>> error as

>>> was

>>> and

>>> on

>>> :

>>> debian

>>> Navigation
>>> there

Re: 8.4.4: Navigation Panel has no content!

Craig Wright
Thanks Ludovic, Marius, and Vincent for the help, it was greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Craig