[ANN] New XWiki forum: https://discourse.xwiki.org

Hi XWiki users,

In order to make it simpler and more modern for users to participate to XWiki discussions, we’ve set up a new forum based on Discourse:

https://discourse.xwiki.org

Please start using it instead of the XWiki User Mailing list. This mailing list will become read only in a few days so please start moving to the forum ASAP.

Note that you can subscribe to receive all forum posts as email notifications if you wish (it’s configurable in your user profile). Also note that for the moment it’s not possible to reply to the mails (we’re still trying to configure this).

We hope that you’ll appreciate this move :)

PS: For the moment the XWiki Devs mailing list remains. It’s possible that it could be moved to a forum too in the future but nothing is decided and we’re migrating the users list first.

Re: [ANN] New XWiki forum: https://forum.xwiki.org

And we now have this alias too which is more neutral and probably better to use:

https://forum.xwiki.org

> On 15 May 2017, at 17:09, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi XWiki users,
>
> In order to make it simpler and more modern for users to participate to XWiki discussions, we’ve set up a new forum based on Discourse:
>
> https://discourse.xwiki.org
>
> Please start using it instead of the XWiki User Mailing list. This mailing list will become read only in a few days so please start moving to the forum ASAP.
>
> Note that you can subscribe to receive all forum posts as email notifications if you wish (it’s configurable in your user profile). Also note that for the moment it’s not possible to reply to the mails (we’re still trying to configure this).
>
> We hope that you’ll appreciate this move :)

> PS: For the moment the XWiki Devs mailing list remains. It’s possible that it could be moved to a forum too in the future but nothing is decided and we’re migrating the users list first.

Re: [ANN] New XWiki forum: https://forum.xwiki.org

Keith Davis
[image: Inline image 1]

Keith Davis
214-906-5183

On Mon, May 15, 2017 at 10:32 AM, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:

> And we now have this alias too which is more neutral and probably better
> to use:
>
> https://forum.xwiki.org

> > On 15 May 2017, at 17:09, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hi XWiki users,
> >
> > In order to make it simpler and more modern for users to participate to
> XWiki discussions, we’ve set up a new forum based on Discourse:
> >
> > https://discourse.xwiki.org
> >
> > Please start using it instead of the XWiki User Mailing list. This
> mailing list will become read only in a few days so please start moving to
> the forum ASAP.
> >
> > Note that you can subscribe to receive all forum posts as email
> notifications if you wish (it’s configurable in your user profile). Also
> note that for the moment it’s not possible to reply to the mails (we’re
> still trying to configure this).
> >
> > We hope that you’ll appreciate this move :)

> > PS: For the moment the XWiki Devs mailing list remains. It’s possible
> that it could be moved to a forum too in the future but nothing is decided
> and we’re migrating the users list first.

image.png (75K) Download Attachment

Re: [ANN] New XWiki forum: https://forum.xwiki.org

I guess the certificate is associated to "discourse.xwiki.org" only,
need to be fixed.

On Mon, May 15, 2017 at 5:33 PM, Keith Davis <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [image: Inline image 1]
>
> Keith Davis
> 214-906-5183
>
> On Mon, May 15, 2017 at 10:32 AM, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> And we now have this alias too which is more neutral and probably better
>> to use:
>>
>> https://forum.xwiki.org

>> > On 15 May 2017, at 17:09, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> >
>> > Hi XWiki users,
>> >
>> > In order to make it simpler and more modern for users to participate to
>> XWiki discussions, we’ve set up a new forum based on Discourse:
>> >
>> > https://discourse.xwiki.org
>> >
>> > Please start using it instead of the XWiki User Mailing list. This
>> mailing list will become read only in a few days so please start moving to
>> the forum ASAP.
>> >
>> > Note that you can subscribe to receive all forum posts as email
>> notifications if you wish (it’s configurable in your user profile). Also
>> note that for the moment it’s not possible to reply to the mails (we’re
>> still trying to configure this).
>> >
>> > We hope that you’ll appreciate this move :)
>> >
>> > Thanks
>> > -Vincent
>> >
>> > PS: For the moment the XWiki Devs mailing list remains. It’s possible
>> that it could be moved to a forum too in the future but nothing is decided
>> and we’re migrating the users list first.

Re: [ANN] New XWiki forum: https://forum.xwiki.org

Indeed so please use https://discourse.xwiki.org FTM

Seems that we’re hitting a limitation of Let’sEncrypt since a certificate is generated for a unique domain name.

> On 15 May 2017, at 17:38, Thomas Mortagne <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I guess the certificate is associated to "discourse.xwiki.org" only,
> need to be fixed.
>
> On Mon, May 15, 2017 at 5:33 PM, Keith Davis <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> [image: Inline image 1]
>>
>> Keith Davis
>> 214-906-5183
>>
>> On Mon, May 15, 2017 at 10:32 AM, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> And we now have this alias too which is more neutral and probably better
>>> to use:
>>>
>>> https://forum.xwiki.org
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> -Vincent

>>> XWiki discussions, we’ve set up a new forum based on Discourse:

>>> mailing list will become read only in a few days so please start moving to
>>> the forum ASAP.

>>> notifications if you wish (it’s configurable in your user profile). Also
>>> note that for the moment it’s not possible to reply to the mails (we’re
>>> still trying to configure this).

>>> that it could be moved to a forum too in the future but nothing is decided
>>> and we’re migrating the users list first.

Re: [ANN] New XWiki forum: https://discourse.xwiki.org

We have a certificate problem for https://forum.xwiki.org so please use https://discourse.xwiki.org FTM.

Seems that we’re hitting a limitation of Let’sEncrypt since a certificate is generated for a unique domain name.

Thanks and sorry for the trouble
-Vincent

On Mon, May 15, 2017 at 6:06 PM, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Indeed so please use https://discourse.xwiki.org FTM
>
> Seems that we’re hitting a limitation of Let’sEncrypt since a certificate is generated for a unique domain name.

Not exactly. It's the same thing with most ssl certificates, you have
to explicitly indicate the list of domains allowed for a certificate
(you can have several in case of let's encrypt but you have to list
them when you register the certificate).

ok the certificate problem has been solved and you can now use https://forum.xwiki.org

> Thanks and sorry for the trouble
> -Vincent
>
>> On 15 May 2017, at 17:32, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> And we now have this alias too which is more neutral and probably better to use:
>>
>> https://forum.xwiki.org

>>> On 15 May 2017, at 17:09, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi XWiki users,
>>>
>>> In order to make it simpler and more modern for users to participate to XWiki discussions, we’ve set up a new forum based on Discourse:
>>>
>>> https://discourse.xwiki.org
>>>
>>> Please start using it instead of the XWiki User Mailing list. This mailing list will become read only in a few days so please start moving to the forum ASAP.
>>>
>>> Note that you can subscribe to receive all forum posts as email notifications if you wish (it’s configurable in your user profile). Also note that for the moment it’s not possible to reply to the mails (we’re still trying to configure this).
>>>
>>> We hope that you’ll appreciate this move :)
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> -Vincent
>>>
>>> PS: For the moment the XWiki Devs mailing list remains. It’s possible that it could be moved to a forum too in the future but nothing is decided and we’re migrating the users list first.

Re: [ANN] New XWiki forum: https://discourse.xwiki.org

> On 16 May 2017, at 14:23, Thomas Mortagne <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Note that mails sent by Discourse are still associated to
> discourse.xwiki.org, probably something to change on Discourse setup.

I’ve changed the “from” from "[hidden email]” to “[hidden email]”.

> On Tue, May 16, 2017 at 11:51 AM, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> On 15 May 2017, at 18:07, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> We have a certificate problem for https://forum.xwiki.org so please use https://discourse.xwiki.org FTM.
>>>
>>> Seems that we’re hitting a limitation of Let’sEncrypt since a certificate is generated for a unique domain name.
>>
>> ok the certificate problem has been solved and you can now use https://forum.xwiki.org

>>> Thanks and sorry for the trouble
>>> -Vincent

Re: [ANN] New XWiki forum: https://discourse.xwiki.org

Actually I was mostly talking about the links you have in the mails to
fo to discourse.

On Tue, May 16, 2017 at 2:27 PM, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> On 16 May 2017, at 14:23, Thomas Mortagne <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Note that mails sent by Discourse are still associated to
>> discourse.xwiki.org, probably something to change on Discourse setup.
>
> I’ve changed the “from” from "[hidden email]” to “[hidden email]”.

>>> ok the certificate problem has been solved and you can now use https://forum.xwiki.org
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> -Vincent

>> --
>> Thomas Mortagne

Re: [ANN] New XWiki forum: https://forum.xwiki.org

Before anyone mentions it, it’s down ATM; I tried to install a discourse plugin and apparently I’m missing some steps since I couldn’t restart it. I’m waiting for an infra admin to help me out… :) Sorry about that!

-Vincent

> On 15 May 2017, at 17:32, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> And we now have this alias too which is more neutral and probably better to use:
>
> https://forum.xwiki.org

>> On 15 May 2017, at 17:09, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi XWiki users,
>>
>> In order to make it simpler and more modern for users to participate to XWiki discussions, we’ve set up a new forum based on Discourse:
>>
>> https://discourse.xwiki.org
>>
>> Please start using it instead of the XWiki User Mailing list. This mailing list will become read only in a few days so please start moving to the forum ASAP.
>>
>> Note that you can subscribe to receive all forum posts as email notifications if you wish (it’s configurable in your user profile). Also note that for the moment it’s not possible to reply to the mails (we’re still trying to configure this).
>>
>> We hope that you’ll appreciate this move :)

>> PS: For the moment the XWiki Devs mailing list remains. It’s possible that it could be moved to a forum too in the future but nothing is decided and we’re migrating the users list first.

Re: [ANN] New XWiki forum: https://discourse.xwiki.org

Hamster
Are you sure you have fixed the certificate problem?

I get this when I use https://forum.xwiki.org

Re: [ANN] New XWiki forum: https://forum.xwiki.org

Guillaume Delhumeau
Just my feedback: I like it :)

> Before anyone mentions it, it’s down ATM; I tried to install a discourse
> plugin and apparently I’m missing some steps since I couldn’t restart it.
> I’m waiting for an infra admin to help me out… :) Sorry about that!
>
> -Vincent
>
> > On 15 May 2017, at 17:32, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > And we now have this alias too which is more neutral and probably better
> to use:
> >
> > https://forum.xwiki.org

> >> On 15 May 2017, at 17:09, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi XWiki users,
> >>
> >> In order to make it simpler and more modern for users to participate to
> XWiki discussions, we’ve set up a new forum based on Discourse:
> >>
> >> https://discourse.xwiki.org
> >>
> >> Please start using it instead of the XWiki User Mailing list. This
> mailing list will become read only in a few days so please start moving to
> the forum ASAP.
> >>
> >> Note that you can subscribe to receive all forum posts as email
> notifications if you wish (it’s configurable in your user profile). Also
> note that for the moment it’s not possible to reply to the mails (we’re
> still trying to configure this).
> >>
> >> We hope that you’ll appreciate this move :)
> >>
> >> Thanks
> >> -Vincent
> >>
> >> PS: For the moment the XWiki Devs mailing list remains. It’s possible
> that it could be moved to a forum too in the future but nothing is decided
> and we’re migrating the users list first.

--
Guillaume Delhumeau ([hidden email])
Committer on the XWiki.org project

Re: [ANN] New XWiki forum: https://forum.xwiki.org

> On 16 May 2017, at 19:59, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Before anyone mentions it, it’s down ATM; I tried to install a discourse plugin and apparently I’m missing some steps since I couldn’t restart it. I’m waiting for an infra admin to help me out… :) Sorry about that!

This is fixed now.