[ANN] XWiki 10.10 released

Alex Cotiugă
Hello all,

The XWiki development team is proud to announce the availability of XWiki
10.10.
In this version, a new protection helper was introduced to prevent users
from breaking the wiki when an XClass page is being refactored, PDF export
looks better now and the new auto-suggestion feature starts to be enabled
in some places.

It's now possible to easily enable asynchronous execution and caching for
panels, wiki UI extensions and wiki macros, this making the rendering of
the page faster.

Among other things, Wiki Macros can now have typed parameters and it is now
possible to make the content of a macro editable inline with the WYSIWYG
editor.
You can download it here: https://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main/Download

Make sure to review the release notes:
https://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/ReleaseNotes/Data/XWiki/10.10/

Thanks for your support
-The XWiki dev team

Re: [ANN] XWiki 10.10 released

> On 29 Nov 2018, at 08:30, Alex Cotiugă <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello all,
>
> The XWiki development team is proud to announce the availability of XWiki
> 10.10.
> In this version, a new protection helper was introduced to prevent users
> from breaking the wiki when an XClass page is being refactored, PDF export
> looks better now and the new auto-suggestion feature starts to be enabled
> in some places.
>
> It's now possible to easily enable asynchronous execution and caching for
> panels, wiki UI extensions and wiki macros, this making the rendering of
> the page faster.

Actually it’s much better than that! It’s not only possible but we’ve even done it by applying async to several elements in the UI (Panels, Menu entries, etc). Thus with XWiki 10.10 you should get a feeling of speed with XWiki as the content gets rendered much faster than before.

See https://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/ReleaseNotes/Data/XWiki/10.10/#HMiscellaneous