[ANN] XWiki 10.7-rc-1 released

Alex Cotiugă
The XWiki development team is proud to announce the availability of XWiki
10.7-rc-1.

Since the plan for the XWiki 10.7 is to be a bugfixing one, this release
starts by reducing the bugs number with 30, in important areas as
Notifications, Skin or Old Core. This version also represents the beginning
of replacing the old XWiki Confirmation boxes with Bootstrap modals having
the comments' actions to benefit at first.

You can download it here: http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main/Download

Make sure to review the release notes:
https://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/ReleaseNotes/Data/XWiki/10.7RC1/

Thanks for your support
-The XWiki dev team

Re: [ANN] XWiki 10.7-rc-1 released

Hi Alex,

> On 21 Aug 2018, at 17:38, Alex Cotiugă <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> The XWiki development team is proud to announce the availability of XWiki
> 10.7-rc-1.
>
> Since the plan for the XWiki 10.7 is to be a bugfixing one,

Note: 10.7 is not a bugfixing release only. Actually it even started as a testing release (i.e the idea was to increase our test coverage) and then we decided to also include bug fixing at 50% each (so 50% bug fixing and 50% testing work) :)

> this release
> starts by reducing the bugs number with 30, in important areas as
> Notifications, Skin or Old Core. This version also represents the beginning
> of replacing the old XWiki Confirmation boxes with Bootstrap modals having
> the comments' actions to benefit at first.
>
> You can download it here: http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main/Download
>
> Make sure to review the release notes:
> https://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/ReleaseNotes/Data/XWiki/10.7RC1/

Regarding RN since it’s not supposed to contain improvements/new features I was wondering if it wouldn’t be better to have RN like we do for bug fix releases, i.e. by listing all issues fixed.

> Thanks for your support
> -The XWiki dev team

Re: [ANN] XWiki 10.7-rc-1 released

Ecaterina Moraru (Valica)
If there are some nice features in the RN it would be a shame not to show
them.

On Tue, Aug 21, 2018 at 6:46 PM Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Alex,
>
> > On 21 Aug 2018, at 17:38, Alex Cotiugă <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> > The XWiki development team is proud to announce the availability of XWiki
> > 10.7-rc-1.
> >
> > Since the plan for the XWiki 10.7 is to be a bugfixing one,
>
> Note: 10.7 is not a bugfixing release only. Actually it even started as a
> testing release (i.e the idea was to increase our test coverage) and then
> we decided to also include bug fixing at 50% each (so 50% bug fixing and
> 50% testing work) :)
>
> > this release
> > starts by reducing the bugs number with 30, in important areas as
> > Notifications, Skin or Old Core. This version also represents the
> beginning
> > of replacing the old XWiki Confirmation boxes with Bootstrap modals
> having
> > the comments' actions to benefit at first.
> >
> > You can download it here:
> http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main/Download
> >
> > Make sure to review the release notes:
> > https://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/ReleaseNotes/Data/XWiki/10.7RC1/
>
> Regarding RN since it’s not supposed to contain improvements/new features
> I was wondering if it wouldn’t be better to have RN like we do for bug fix
> releases, i.e. by listing all issues fixed.

> > Thanks for your support
> > -The XWiki dev team

Re: [ANN] XWiki 10.7-rc-1 released

> On 21 Aug 2018, at 18:06, Ecaterina Moraru (Valica) <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> If there are some nice features in the RN it would be a shame not to show
> them.

Sure.

I just suggested that we could list the bug fixes as we do for bug fix releases.