[ANN] XWiki Office 1.0 Milestone 1 Released!

[ANN] XWiki Office 1.0 Milestone 1 Released!

Florin Ciubotaru
The XWiki development team is pleased to announce the release of XWiki
Office 1.0 Milestone 1.

Go grab it at
http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main/Download#HXWikiOffice !

XWiki Office is a XWiki.org project that provides integration between
Microsoft Office and XWiki servers.
Here is a list of features:
- Create wiki pages using Word
- Edit existing pages in Word
- Download and edit attachments
- Attach files to the wiki
- Browse the wiki using the Wiki Explorer

For more information about XOffice go at:
- http://xoffice.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main/

For details about this release see the Release Notes at:
- http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main/ReleaseNotesXOffice10M1

Thanks
-The XWiki dev team

Re: [ANN] XWiki Office 1.0 Milestone 1 Released!

Henning Sprang-3
On Tue, Mar 3, 2009 at 1:49 PM, Florin Ciubotaru
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> XWiki Office is a XWiki.org project that provides integration between
> Microsoft Office and XWiki servers.

Interesting - could that be done for/with OpenOffice, too?
What would it take?

Henning

Re: [ANN] XWiki Office 1.0 Milestone 1 Released!

Guillaume Lerouge
Hi,

On Tue, Mar 3, 2009 at 11:40 PM, Henning Sprang <[hidden email]>wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 3, 2009 at 1:49 PM, Florin Ciubotaru
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > XWiki Office is a XWiki.org project that provides integration between
> > Microsoft Office and XWiki servers.
>
> Interesting - could that be done for/with OpenOffice, too?
> What would it take?

I guess it could definitely be done for OOo, but it would require starting
from scratch and using OOo's equivalent to VSTO. One thing we might want to
look at is whether another Open-Source projects using the LGPL (or
compatible) license has done a similar thing and build from it. On the
server side, we could use the Office Import backend or maybe the one Florin
built for XWord.

However I'm not aware of any developer having the time to work on this right
now... Henning, is it something you might want to look at?

Guillaume

> Henning

Guillaume Lerouge
Product Manager - XWiki
Skype ID : wikibc
http://guillaumelerouge.com/

Re: [ANN] XWiki Office 1.0 Milestone 1 Released!

Ludovic Dubost-2

Unfortunately this is coded in .net. To make it work for OpenOffice it's
almost another project (except the server side of course)

Ludovic

Henning Sprang a écrit :

> On Tue, Mar 3, 2009 at 1:49 PM, Florin Ciubotaru
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> XWiki Office is a XWiki.org project that provides integration between
>> Microsoft Office and XWiki servers.
>>

> Interesting - could that be done for/with OpenOffice, too?
> What would it take?
>
> Henning

Blog: http://blog.ludovic.org/
XWiki: http://www.xwiki.com