[ANN] XWiki Office 1.0 Milestone 1 Released!

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[ANN] XWiki Office 1.0 Milestone 1 Released!

Florin Ciubotaru
The XWiki development team is pleased to announce the release of XWiki
Office 1.0 Milestone 1.

Go grab it at
http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main/Download#HXWikiOffice !

XWiki Office is a XWiki.org project that provides integration between
Microsoft Office and XWiki servers.
Here is a list of features:
- Create wiki pages using Word
- Edit existing pages in Word
- Download and edit attachments
- Attach files to the wiki
- Browse the wiki using the Wiki Explorer

For more information about XOffice go at:
- http://xoffice.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main/

For details about this release see the Release Notes at:
- http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main/ReleaseNotesXOffice10M1

Thanks
-The XWiki dev team

_______________________________________________
users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.xwiki.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [ANN] XWiki Office 1.0 Milestone 1 Released!

Gaëtan GUYODO
hi,
it seems to be very usefull ! thanks !
I just don't know with which msoffice version it's compatible ?
Gaëtan

Florin Ciubotaru a écrit :

> The XWiki development team is pleased to announce the release of XWiki
> Office 1.0 Milestone 1.
>
> Go grab it at
> http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main/Download#HXWikiOffice !
>
> XWiki Office is a XWiki.org project that provides integration between
> Microsoft Office and XWiki servers.
> Here is a list of features:
> - Create wiki pages using Word
> - Edit existing pages in Word
> - Download and edit attachments
> - Attach files to the wiki
> - Browse the wiki using the Wiki Explorer
>
> For more information about XOffice go at:
> - http://xoffice.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main/
>
> For details about this release see the Release Notes at:
> - http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main/ReleaseNotesXOffice10M1
>
> Thanks
> -The XWiki dev team
>
> _______________________________________________
> users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.xwiki.org/mailman/listinfo/users
>
>
>

--
__________________________________________
              Gaëtan GUYODO
            Chargé de mission
Centre Antipoison - Hôpital Fernand WIDAL
      200, rue du faubourg St Denis
          75475 PARIS Cedex 10
Tél: 01 40 05 49 63 / Fax: 01 40 05 48 56
__________________________________________

_______________________________________________
users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.xwiki.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [ANN] XWiki Office 1.0 Milestone 1 Released!

Florin Ciubotaru
Gaëtan GUYODO wrote:
> hi,
> it seems to be very usefull ! thanks !
> I just don't know with which msoffice version it's compatible ?
>  
Hi,
Only Office 2007 for now. Possibly 2003, in the future, but not a
earlier version.

Thanks,
Florin Ciubotaru
_______________________________________________
users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.xwiki.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [ANN] XWiki Office 1.0 Milestone 1 Released!

goldring, richard
In reply to this post by Florin Ciubotaru
Hi,

This looks good. Unfortunately a lot of companies such as mine use older
versions of Word such as Word 2000 (because of the cost of upgrading).
Would older versions of Word be supported in future? Or even Open Office
writer?

Regards,

Richard

-----Original Message-----
From: [hidden email] [mailto:[hidden email]]On Behalf
Of Florin Ciubotaru
Sent: 03 March 2009 12:49
To: [hidden email]; [hidden email]
Subject: [xwiki-users] [ANN] XWiki Office 1.0 Milestone 1 Released!


The XWiki development team is pleased to announce the release of XWiki
Office 1.0 Milestone 1.

Go grab it at
http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main/Download#HXWikiOffice !

XWiki Office is a XWiki.org project that provides integration between
Microsoft Office and XWiki servers.
Here is a list of features:
- Create wiki pages using Word
- Edit existing pages in Word
- Download and edit attachments
- Attach files to the wiki
- Browse the wiki using the Wiki Explorer

For more information about XOffice go at:
- http://xoffice.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main/

For details about this release see the Release Notes at:
- http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main/ReleaseNotesXOffice10M1

Thanks
-The XWiki dev team

_______________________________________________
users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.xwiki.org/mailman/listinfo/users

Thales UK Ltd (Wells) DISCLAIMER: The information contained in this e-mail
is confidential. It may also be legally privileged. It is intended only for
the stated addressee(s) and access to it by any other person is
unauthorised. If you are not an addressee, you must not disclose, copy,
circulate or in any other way use or rely on the information contained in
this e-mail. Such unauthorised use may be unlawful. We may monitor all
e-mail communications through our networks. If you have received this e-mail
in error, please inform us immediately on sender's telephone number above
and delete it and all copies from your system. We accept no responsibility
for changes to any e-mail which occur after it has been sent.  Attachments
to this e-mail may contain software viruses which could damage your system.
We therefore recommend you virus-check all attachments before opening.
Thales UK Ltd. Registered Office: 2 Dashwood Lang Road, The Bourne Business
Park, Addlestone, Weybridge, Surrey KT15 2NX Registered in England No.
868273
_______________________________________________
users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.xwiki.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [ANN] XWiki Office 1.0 Milestone 1 Released!

Florin Ciubotaru
Hi Richard,

goldring, richard wrote:

> Hi,
>
> This looks good. Unfortunately a lot of companies such as mine use older
> versions of Word such as Word 2000 (because of the cost of upgrading).
> Would older versions of Word be supported in future? Or even Open Office
> writer?
>
> Regards,
>
> Richard
>  

There are no current plans  of implementing XOffice for another version
of Microsoft Office. Yet, we can adapt the solution relatively easy only
to Office 2003, if this is going to be asked by the XWiki.org community.

Unfortunately Microsoft discontinued most extensibility technologies for
versions of office prior to 2003, because those were created in early
'90s and didn't fit the current market any more. The old technologies
that are still supported just aren't powerful enough and the support for
them will stop in the near future.
We choose VSTO as the technology to develop XOffice on top of, at the
cost of losing users that have older versions of Office, because it is
the only technology that is guaranteed to be in the next versions of
Office. Our tech roadmap mainly focuses on Office 2007 and the upcoming
Office 14.

Regarding Open Office, I see a very high probability of having a similar
solution for it, if XOffice will match the impact we expect it to have,
or the community will ask for Open Office integration.

Thanks,
Florin Ciubotaru

_______________________________________________
users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.xwiki.org/mailman/listinfo/users