Actions to improve Quality even more

Hi everyone,

During this summer's XWIki SAS seminar, several committers/contributors met and discussed about how to improve the project's quality even further.

Some of them must have been drunk because they agree to do insane actions :) Since they will probably tell us that they don't remember about it, here's the rundown as agreed at that time:

* Sonar - find rules and propose have them in build - Vincent
* After 5.X cycle, continue 1 day per week with rolling themes - Vincent to organize
* Create JMeter scenario in build (and run them at each release) to ensure we don't decrease performances - Marius [Sorin]
* Improve knowing what version of XWiki some doc corresponds to - Caty?
* Work on xwiki.org dev guide - GuillaumeD
* Improve skin on xwiki.org - Caty
* Lots more stats/live data on xwiki.org - Marius/Fabio
* Have one job per platform top level module on CI - Vincent
* Test framework to skip storage and potentially move some integration/func tests to use it - Thomas
* Automatic Build promotion from jenkins when all jobs pass to save release time and avoid slippages - Vincent [Caleb]
* Review/propose checkstyle rules to remove if any - Caleb
* Try: SCM jenkins plugin to put jenkins under SCM… not sure it works fine... - Vincent
* Make functional sel2 tests run on phantomJS - Marius/Vincent
* Send heapdump in crash emails - Caleb

go go go!

PS: Seem I was drunker than others since I agree to a lot of actions ;)

Re: Actions to improve Quality even more

FTR here are the actions we had decided during 2012's seminar and their statuses:

* Find dead code (using TPC is great for that). -Caleb

==> Not done

* Run automated functional tests on various environments - Sorin

==> Not done

* Fail the build in java modules on unsufficient TPC for unit tests with excludes feature: 50%. -- Vincent

==> Done!

* Sonar find rules and propose have them in build - Marius

==> Not done but Vincent installed Sonar

* Create JMeter scenario in build (and run them at each release) - Fabio [Thomas, Marius]

==> Not done

* Regular Days (one day per final release) - Bug fixing, legacy,test, doc - Vincent

==> Done on BFD, every week

On Sep 20, 2013, at 2:44 PM, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> During this summer's XWIki SAS seminar, several committers/contributors met and discussed about how to improve the project's quality even further.
>
> Some of them must have been drunk because they agree to do insane actions :) Since they will probably tell us that they don't remember about it, here's the rundown as agreed at that time:
>
> * Sonar - find rules and propose have them in build - Vincent
> * After 5.X cycle, continue 1 day per week with rolling themes - Vincent to organize
> * Create JMeter scenario in build (and run them at each release) to ensure we don't decrease performances - Marius [Sorin]
> * Improve knowing what version of XWiki some doc corresponds to - Caty?
> * Work on xwiki.org dev guide - GuillaumeD
> * Improve skin on xwiki.org - Caty
> * Lots more stats/live data on xwiki.org - Marius/Fabio
> * Have one job per platform top level module on CI - Vincent
> * Test framework to skip storage and potentially move some integration/func tests to use it - Thomas
> * Automatic Build promotion from jenkins when all jobs pass to save release time and avoid slippages - Vincent [Caleb]
> * Review/propose checkstyle rules to remove if any - Caleb
> * Try: SCM jenkins plugin to put jenkins under SCM… not sure it works fine... - Vincent
> * Make functional sel2 tests run on phantomJS - Marius/Vincent
> * Send heapdump in crash emails - Caleb
>
> go go go!

> PS: Seem I was drunker than others since I agree to a lot of actions ;)

Re: Actions to improve Quality even more

Fabio Mancinelli-4

I remember of having agreed also on exploring an alternative for
packaging XAR files in a simpler way that doesn't involve XML.
I did some work on this front: XWikiFS (https://github.com/fmancinelli/xwikifs)

It already works but it lacks the most important feature to make it
really usable... Synchronizing things downstream (from the wiki to the
xwikifs)

-Fabio