Add collaborative categorization in xwiki

Add collaborative categorization in xwiki

vtmagnard
All,

I have a project to add new Knowledge Management functionalities in xwiki, the first one I have selected is the collaborative categorization also known as folksonomy.

The point is to allow the wiki users to categorize the wiki topic with keywords as  what you can do in http://del.icio.us/ .

Does anybody have ideas on this subject?

Thierry Magnard

Re: Add collaborative categorization in xwiki

jeremi joslin
Hi,
I've already done the folksonomy :-) I've just finished it today.
I will publish it on xwiki.org soon. You can add features to it.

Jérémi

--
portable : 06.73.20.11.49
http://www.jeremi.info

Re: Add collaborative categorization in xwiki

Matthew Conway

On Sep 12, 2005, at 11:17 AM, jeremi joslin wrote:

Hi,
I've already done the folksonomy :-) I've just finished it today.
I will publish it on xwiki.org soon. You can add features to it.

Cool - good job!  This in svn yet?  I'm itching to play with it :)

Matt

On 9/12/05, Matthew Conway <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Sep 12, 2005, at 11:58 AM, jeremi joslin wrote:
> >
> > No it's just a set of wiki document.
> >

> Does that mean you used xwiki's class system to implement it, or is
> it a set of first class data types?

I use XWiki class system and objects to store data.
Jérémi

--
portable : 06.73.20.11.49
http://www.jeremi.info
http://www.xwiki.com - http://www.moovement.com
skype: jeremi23

Re: Add collaborative categorization in xwiki

cburleso

Taxonomy tagging would be a perfect feature. It might not need to be all too different than the categories feature that is already inherent in the blog. It just needs to be extended to all articles and given hierarchal categorization capabilities. For example, when I create a new doc, I would like to either choose from an existing taxonomy of categories or add a new category at some level in the hierarchy myself. For enterprise purposes, it might be worth locking the taxonomy for admin editing only. Otherwise, i can see getting a very messy set of facets.

==================================
Cody Burleson

[hidden email]

09/12/2005 11:01 AM

Please respond to

cc
Subject
[xwiki-dev] Add  collaborative categorization  in xwiki

All,

I have a project to add new Knowledge Management functionalities in xwiki, the first one I have selected is the collaborative categorization also known as folksonomy.

The point is to allow the wiki users to categorize the wiki topic with keywords as  what you can do in http://del.icio.us/ .

Does anybody have ideas on this subject?

Thierry Magnard

Re: Add collaborative categorization in xwiki

jeremi joslin
It's online on http://www.xwiki.org

you can see  a box on the right toobar. To edit tags, double click on the text.
Feel free to improve the script.
to see the code :
http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/XWiki/GetDocumentFromTag?xpage=code
http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/XWiki/TagMacro?xpage=code
http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/XWiki/UpdateTag?xpage=code
http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/XWiki/TagScript?xpage=code

Jérémi

--
portable : 06.73.20.11.49
http://www.jeremi.info
http://www.xwiki.com - http://www.moovement.com
skype: jeremi23

Re: Add collaborative categorization in xwiki

cburleso

Right now, when I click on the "tag cloud" text, the box changes into a form, but the form only shows for a couple of seconds and then reverts back to the old view before I can even do anything. Browser is Firefox 1.0

==================================
Cody Burleson

jeremi joslin <[hidden email]>

09/12/2005 01:12 PM

Please respond to

cc
Subject
Re: [xwiki-dev] Add collaborative categorization in xwiki

It's online on http://www.xwiki.org

you can see  a box on the right toobar. To edit tags, double click on the text.
Feel free to improve the script.
to see the code :
http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/XWiki/GetDocumentFromTag?xpage=code
http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/XWiki/TagMacro?xpage=code
http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/XWiki/UpdateTag?xpage=code
http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/XWiki/TagScript?xpage=code

Jérémi

--
portable : 06.73.20.11.49
http://www.jeremi.info
http://www.xwiki.com - http://www.moovement.com
skype: jeremi23

Re: Add collaborative categorization in xwiki

Ludovic Dubost

It works for me on Firefox 1.0.6.. It's quite cool by the way :)

Ludovic

On 9/12/05, Ludovic Dubost <[hidden email]> wrote:

> It works for me on Firefox 1.0.6.. It's quite cool by the way :)
>
> Ludovic
>
> Cody Burleson wrote:
> >
> > Right now, when I click on the "tag cloud" text, the box changes into
> > a form, but the form only shows for a couple of seconds and then
> > reverts back to the old view before I can even do anything. Browser is
> > Firefox 1.0

I've tryed firefox 1.0.6 and 1.0.4, no problems.
just an error with IE 6.0 when I click on a tag.

Have you tried on different pages?

Jérémi

On 9/12/05, jeremi joslin <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 9/12/05, Ludovic Dubost <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > It works for me on Firefox 1.0.6.. It's quite cool by the way :)
> >
> > Ludovic
> >
> > Cody Burleson wrote:
> > >
> > > Right now, when I click on the "tag cloud" text, the box changes into
> > > a form, but the form only shows for a couple of seconds and then
> > > reverts back to the old view before I can even do anything. Browser is
> > > Firefox 1.0
> > >

> I've tryed firefox 1.0.6 and 1.0.4, no problems.
> just an error with IE 6.0 when I click on a tag.
>
> Have you tried on different pages?
Can you tell me if there is some errors on the javascript console?

Jérémi

--
portable : 06.73.20.11.49
http://www.jeremi.info
http://www.xwiki.com - http://www.moovement.com
skype: jeremi23

Re: Add collaborative categorization in xwiki

Jim Stuttard-3
On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 16:01:15 +0100, <[hidden email]> wrote:

> All,
>
> I have a project to add new Knowledge Management functionalities in
> xwiki, the first one I have selected is the collaborative categorization
> also known as folksonomy.
>
> The point is to allow the wiki users to categorize the wiki topic with
> keywords as  what you can do in http://del.icio.us/ .
>
> Does anybody have ideas on this subject?
>
> Thierry Magnard

FWIW I'm trying to get TM4J working with Dojo Ajax on XWiki for a simple
exploding bubble interface to my personal "xwikipedia" just like
http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/hframe.html. Automatic building
will be key but I haven't looked at Luis's TOC code yet.

Best Regards

Jim

--
Jim Stuttard

Re: Add collaborative categorization in xwiki

Hans Gerwitz
This is a very nice start, and I like the in-place editing.  I think
the initial render, though, should include the current tags in the
HTML (with rel attributes) so aggregators like Technorati can
properly index the site.
- - -
Hans Gerwitz
http://phobia.com/

On Sep 12, 2005, at 12:12 PM, jeremi joslin wrote:

> It's online on http://www.xwiki.org
>
> you can see  a box on the right toobar. To edit tags, double click
> on the text.
> Feel free to improve the script.
> to see the code :
> http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/XWiki/GetDocumentFromTag?