Add yourself to the XWiki community map!

Add yourself to the XWiki community map!

Hi XWiki users,

It would really help if you could add yourself to the xwiki users google map:
http://bit.ly/1iqiEbP

There are currently only 40 or so persons added, that doesn’t represent the xwiki community! The XWiki project has about 30K downloads every month and there are probably about 10K active instances of XWiki in the world, so come on, don’t be shy and help the xwiki project feel like a true user community by adding yourself to this map :) This will allow to organize user meetups in the future for example so it’s important you add yourself.

Display XWiki Users, Groups & Staff on a larger map

Thanks a lot

Re: Add yourself to the XWiki community map!

jerem
Hi Vincent,

Just added myself, after figuring out the particular ergonomics of google
maps ... :)

BR,
Jeremie

> Hi XWiki users,
>
> It would really help if you could add yourself to the xwiki users google
> map:
> http://bit.ly/1iqiEbP
>
> There are currently only 40 or so persons added, that doesn't represent
> the xwiki community! The XWiki project has about 30K downloads every month
> and there are probably about 10K active instances of XWiki in the world, so
> come on, don't be shy and help the xwiki project feel like a true user
> community by adding yourself to this map :) This will allow to organize
> user meetups in the future for example so it's important you add yourself.
>
> Display XWiki Users, Groups & Staff on a larger map
>

> Thanks a lot

Re: Add yourself to the XWiki community map!

Thanks Jeremie, indeed the usability of google maps is pretty poor… :)

You have to click update/edit/modify to make changes and then right click or click the flag icon to add a flag.

On 10 Mar 2014 at 11:09:48, Jeremie BOUSQUET ([hidden email]) wrote:

Hi Vincent,

Just added myself, after figuring out the particular ergonomics of google
maps ... :)

BR,
Jeremie

> Hi XWiki users,
>
> It would really help if you could add yourself to the xwiki users google
> map:
> http://bit.ly/1iqiEbP
>
> There are currently only 40 or so persons added, that doesn't represent
> the xwiki community! The XWiki project has about 30K downloads every month
> and there are probably about 10K active instances of XWiki in the world, so
> come on, don't be shy and help the xwiki project feel like a true user
> community by adding yourself to this map :) This will allow to organize
> user meetups in the future for example so it's important you add yourself.
>
> Display XWiki Users, Groups & Staff on a larger map
>

> Thanks a lot

Re: Add yourself to the XWiki community map!

xrichard
Nice initiative. Work done despite google map mess ;-) .

best regards,

Le 10/03/2014 09:19, [hidden email] a écrit :

> Hi XWiki users,
>
> It would really help if you could add yourself to the xwiki users google map:
> http://bit.ly/1iqiEbP
>
> There are currently only 40 or so persons added, that doesn't represent the xwiki community! The XWiki project has about 30K downloads every month and there are probably about 10K active instances of XWiki in the world, so come on, don't be shy and help the xwiki project feel like a true user community by adding yourself to this map :) This will allow to organize user meetups in the future for example so it's important you add yourself.
>
> Display XWiki Users, Groups & Staff on a larger map
>

> Thanks a lot

Re: Add yourself to the XWiki community map!

Helen Stockebrand
Okay, I added myself as well. Although I am pretty sure I screwed up the description and title of the map itself. Sorry about that. ;)

Helen

Re: Add yourself to the XWiki community map!

pmasson
I changed the map title and description back. Thanks Helen.

On 03/11/2014 09:13 AM, Helen Stockebrand wrote:

> Okay, I added myself as well. Although I am pretty sure I screwed up the
> description and title of the map itself. Sorry about that. ;)
>
> Helen

     ||    |      |  ||||    ||    ||    |  ||||    |||    | |||
Patrick Masson
General Manager, Director & Secretary to the Board
Open Source Initiative
855 El Camino Real, Ste 13A, #270
Palo Alto, CA 94301
United States
Skype: massonpj
sip: [hidden email]
<https://www.getonsip.com/call?a=masson@...>
Ph: (970) 4MASSON
Em: [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
Ws: www.opensource.org <http://www.opensource.org>

Re: Add yourself to the XWiki community map!

Indeed, you had modified the map’s title and description! :)

I didn’t remember what was there before so I made up a new title/desc.

On 11 Mar 2014 at 14:13:47, Helen Stockebrand ([hidden email](mailto:[hidden email])) wrote:

> Okay, I added myself as well. Although I am pretty sure I screwed up the
> description and title of the map itself. Sorry about that. ;)
>
> Helen

Re: Add yourself to the XWiki community map!

DeHaynes
I added myself, but I didn't add my organization because I am still trying to convince them to use XWiki.
Can't wait to see if anyone else around me is using this.

Re: Add yourself to the XWiki community map!

Cool, the more the merrier ! (note that you could give a little bit of context, like explain what you use xwiki for, without specifying your company name :)).

Come on guys, add yourself, don’t be shy, we added +11 users since yesterday, we can do better, there are 800 users on this list! :)