Quantcast

Addressbook

Richter, Tobias
Hi,

how can I set up an address book fort the companys Outlook-contacts in XWiki?

Cheers!

Toby

Re: Addressbook

Marius Dumitru Florea
Hi Toby,

The simplest solution is probably to use the User Directory [1], that you
can customize to show the email address column. The alternative is to use
the App Within Minutes [2] to create a dedicated simple address book.

Hope this helps,
Marius

[1]
http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/User+Directory+Application
[2]
http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/App+Within+Minutes+Application

On Thu, Feb 2, 2017 at 4:07 PM, Richter, Tobias <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> how can I set up an address book fort the companys Outlook-contacts in
> XWiki?
>

> Cheers!
>
> Toby

Re: Addressbook

Richter, Tobias
Hi Marius thanks for your answer,

I`ve already thought about that. The problem is - when i create a "users" field in the "App Within Minutes" I can search for only the members of the AD.

My aim is to import somehow business-contacts (previously exported from Outlook) in a searchable table.... could anybody please give me a hint how I can do that?

The addressbook-search for the registred users works fine!

Greets from Germany,

Toby.

Gesendet: Freitag, 3. Februar 2017 09:03
An: XWiki Users
Betreff: Re: [xwiki-users] Addressbook

Hi Toby,

The simplest solution is probably to use the User Directory [1], that you can customize to show the email address column. The alternative is to use the App Within Minutes [2] to create a dedicated simple address book.

Hope this helps,
Marius

[1]
http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/User+Directory+Application
[2]
http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/App+Within+Minutes+Application

On Thu, Feb 2, 2017 at 4:07 PM, Richter, Tobias <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> how can I set up an address book fort the companys Outlook-contacts in
> XWiki?
>

> Cheers!
>
> Toby

Re: Addressbook

Marius Dumitru Florea
On Mon, Feb 6, 2017 at 9:40 AM, Richter, Tobias <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Marius thanks for your answer,
>

> I`ve already thought about that. The problem is - when i create a "users"
> field in the "App Within Minutes" I can search for only the members of the
> AD.
>

> My aim is to import somehow business-contacts (previously exported from
> Outlook) in a searchable table.... could anybody please give me a hint how
> I can do that?

Then use a "Short Text" field instead of a "users" field to store the
contact name, when creating your app with App Within Minutes. You'll get a
live table on the application home page with the contact name column
filterable.

> The addressbook-search for the registred users works fine!
>
> Greets from Germany,
>
> Toby.
>
> Gesendet: Freitag, 3. Februar 2017 09:03
> An: XWiki Users
> Betreff: Re: [xwiki-users] Addressbook
>
> Hi Toby,
>
> The simplest solution is probably to use the User Directory [1], that you
> can customize to show the email address column. The alternative is to use
> the App Within Minutes [2] to create a dedicated simple address book.
>
> Hope this helps,
> Marius
>
> [1]
> http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/User+
> Directory+Application
> [2]
> http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/App+
> Within+Minutes+Application
>
> On Thu, Feb 2, 2017 at 4:07 PM, Richter, Tobias <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > how can I set up an address book fort the companys Outlook-contacts in
> > XWiki?
> >

> > Cheers!
> >
> > Toby

Re: Addressbook