Anchors

pinkerp
I am struggling at times with Anchors.

The documentation says that anchors for headings are auto-created.  However, when I try to link to a heading using the format: spacename.pagename#Hmyheading, it wants to create a new page.  However, when I use the full url for the page: https://www.sitename.ca/xwiki/bin/view/spacename/pagename#Hmyheading it works.

Any insight?

Paul Pinkerton
KnowledgeNow Project Lead
[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>
Skype: pinkerp.lao<skype:pinkerp.lao>

Association of Community Legal Clinics of Ontario
416-847-1418 or 1-866-965-1416x 5177
www.aclco.org<http://www.aclco.org/>

Re: Anchors

Paul Libbrecht-2
So you're struggling with Links and not anchors?
Where do you input spacename.pagename#Hmyheading ?
In a wiki page? From:
    http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/XWiki/XWikiSyntax#HLinks
I see that the syntax of a link with an anchor is different:
    [[label>>Space.Page||anchor=anchor]]
So your link should be [[a
label>>spacename.pagename||anchor=Hmyheading]] (which is written just
below).

Hope it helps.

Paul

> Paul Pinkerton (ACLCO) <mailto:[hidden email]>
> 29 octobre 2015 17:20
> I am struggling at times with Anchors.
>
> The documentation says that anchors for headings are auto-created.
> However, when I try to link to a heading using the format:
> spacename.pagename#Hmyheading, it wants to create a new page. However,
> when I use the full url for the page:
> https://www.sitename.ca/xwiki/bin/view/spacename/pagename#Hmyheading
> it works.
>
> Any insight?
>

> Paul Pinkerton
> KnowledgeNow Project Lead
> [hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>
> Skype: pinkerp.lao<skype:pinkerp.lao>
>
> Association of Community Legal Clinics of Ontario
> 416-847-1418 or 1-866-965-1416x 5177
> www.aclco.org<http://www.aclco.org/>

Re: Anchors

On Thu, Oct 29, 2015 at 6:20 PM, Paul Pinkerton (ACLCO) <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> I am struggling at times with Anchors.
>
> The documentation says that anchors for headings are auto-created.

> However, when I try to link to a heading using the format:
> spacename.pagename#Hmyheading, it wants to create a new page.

This is true for syntax XWiki 2.0. You probably have a page with syntax
XWiki 2.1, in which case you need to follow Paul's advice.

Hope this helps,
Marius