Attachments/Links

Esbach, Brandon
Hi all,

Two minor queries; if anyone can point me in the right direction or has some tips I'd be mighty grateful.

1) Is it possible to make attachments open in new window across the board, based on user configuration?  I would guess that the attachments template needs changing for this?
2) Is it possible within XWiki to have a link to a location accessable to the user's system (eg an 'm' drive that is mapped to a network location), and have that link open in a new explorer window, perminantly (ie in conjunction with q1 but ignoring user configuration)?

For example, two users "User A" and "User B".
User A has decided they want to open files in a new window.
User B has decided they want to open files in the same window.

User A:
  • clicks on a file attachment, and the file is opened in a new window.
  • clicks on a location link (m:\thislocation) and a new window is opened showing the folder contents.

User B:
  • clicks on a file attachment, and the file replaces XWiki in the current iexplorer window.
  • clicks on a location link (m:\thislocation) and a new window is opened showing the folder contents.
I tried searching through the xwiki sites, but could not come up with anything concrete to demonstrate the configurations needed for either...

Re: Attachments/Links

jeremi joslin
On 3/1/06, Esbach, Brandon <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Two minor queries; if anyone can point me in the right direction or has some
> tips I'd be mighty grateful.
>
> 1) Is it possible to make attachments open in new window across the board,
> based on user configuration?  I would guess that the attachments template
> needs changing for this?
yes, you have to change
attachments.vm

> 2) Is it possible within XWiki to have a link to a location accessable to
> the user's system (eg an 'm' drive that is mapped to a network location),
> and have that link open in a new explorer window, perminantly (ie in
> conjunction with q1 but ignoring user configuration)?
i never use IE but if it's possible in html, it's possible on xwiki. I
think it is.

> For example, two users "User A" and "User B".
> User A has decided they want to open files in a new window.
> User B has decided they want to open files in the same window.
>
> User A:
>
> clicks on a file attachment, and the file is opened in a new window.
> clicks on a location link (m:\thislocation) and a new window is opened
> showing the folder contents.
>
> User B:
>
> clicks on a file attachment, and the file replaces XWiki in the current
> iexplorer window.
> clicks on a location link (m:\thislocation) and a new window is opened
> showing the folder contents.
> I tried searching through the xwiki sites, but could not come up with
> anything concrete to demonstrate the configurations needed for either...

maybe it's possible. you just have to store on your user preferences
if he prefer to open links on a new window or not, after, it's only
html, i think, you can easily find it on internet.

Jérémi

--
Blog: http://www.jeremi.info
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/profile?viewProfile=&key=1437724