Authoring template vs. rendered view

Yves Langisch
Hi all,

I'm having troubles to separate the editing/authoring view from the
normal view. When creating a new object instance I'd like to have a
completely different authoring form from the later read-only view.
When I'm right a sheet and a template per class should help
separating these two things?!? I also played around with the FAQ
sample application (http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/DevGuide/FAQs
+Tutorial) but without success. The problem seems to be that the when
creating a new document the template content is copied into the new
document and is used for both editing and viewing. Do I get anything
wrong?

Thanks
Yves

Re: Authoring template vs. rendered view

Yves Langisch
Do I have to check in the ClassSheet whether I'm in editing or
viewing mode and generate appropriate html in order to reach view and
editing separation?

Thanks in advance for any help!!!

Yves

On 29.09.2005, at 22:49, Yves Langisch wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm having troubles to separate the editing/authoring view from the
> normal view. When creating a new object instance I'd like to have a
> completely different authoring form from the later read-only view.
> When I'm right a sheet and a template per class should help
> separating these two things?!? I also played around with the FAQ
> sample application (http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/DevGuide/
> FAQs+Tutorial) but without success. The problem seems to be that
> the when creating a new document the template content is copied
> into the new document and is used for both editing and viewing. Do
> I get anything wrong?
>
> Thanks
> Yves
>

> --
> You receive this message as a subscriber of the xwiki-
> wws

Re: Authoring template vs. rendered view

Yves Langisch
This approach seems to work. In my sheet I ask if $context.action ==
"view".

But there must be another way to achieve this, I think?!?

Yves

On 30.09.2005, at 21:43, Yves Langisch wrote:

> Do I have to check in the ClassSheet whether I'm in editing or
> viewing mode and generate appropriate html in order to reach view
> and editing separation?
>
> Thanks in advance for any help!!!
>
> Yves
>
> On 29.09.2005, at 22:49, Yves Langisch wrote:
>

>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm having troubles to separate the editing/authoring view from
>> the normal view. When creating a new object instance I'd like to
>> have a completely different authoring form from the later read-
>> only view. When I'm right a sheet and a template per class should
>> help separating these two things?!? I also played around with the
>> FAQ sample application (http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/
>> DevGuide/FAQs+Tutorial) but without success. The problem seems to
>> be that the when creating a new document the template content is
>> copied into the new document and is used for both editing and
>> viewing. Do I get anything wrong?
>>
>> Thanks
>> Yves
>>

>> --
>> You receive this message as a subscriber of the xwiki-

> You receive this message as a subscriber of the xwiki-
> wws

Re: Authoring template vs. rendered view

Ludovic Dubost

Yes this is the way to do it.. You can then use includes to separate the
sheets for view and editing..

Ludovic