Authorisation through apache

aleksey-s
Hi,

For authorisation on xwiki inside local network we use LDAP (users login with password). But we want use apache authorisation also from external network.
We want use next scheme: user authenticate on apache  and after xwiki take only login (without password) and gives access to user.

How we may do it ?

Re: Authorisation through apache

This kind of use case means that at apache level whatever do the
actual authentication should set the HTTP REMOTE_USER in the request
and then you use an authenticator like
http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/XWiki+Authenticator+Trusted+LDAP
which will "trust" whatever is in front of it and gather information
about the user on configuraed LDAP server(s) based on the REMOTE_USER
found in the request.