BaseProperty

Michael Reinsch
Hello!

While implementing something I came around the BaseProperty and while
reading the code I found several strange things. I agree with the
comment above BaseProperty that this class should be abstract, mainly
because getValue() always returns null. Then PropertyClass can be made
abstract as well.

But then I'm stuck a bit with the stuff in XWikiHibernateStore, which
creates also new instances of BaseProperty and PropertyClass. It looks
to me like the code there is simply cloning those objects - but why is
it not using clone() then? Well, it is doing some strange stuff there
anyway.

While looking at all this stuff, I also found several other things which
could be cleaned up to avoid bugs, to increase performance and to make
things easier understandable.

But before I get really started: is this kind of work wanted? I am aware
that with a code base of this size it is easy to break things...

--
  Michael Reinsch <[hidden email]>                      http://mr.uue.org/

Re: BaseProperty

Ludovic Dubost

Hi Michael,

We are very interested in code cleaning up the initial mistakes. There
are tests to allow to verify that the most important functions are not
broken.
Now it's not perfect.We'll try to do code review on changes like that.
There could be reasons for the things you have seen, but it's a little
far away now so I don't remember.

Ludovic