Batch move of pages

Sebastian Luna Valero
Hi All,

We are rearranging our xwiki and we have many pages to move to different
locations. So far, the only solution seems to be doing so one page at a
time, which is tedious having into account that more than 200 pages need to
be moved.

I was wondering whether this could be streamlined somehow. I could not find
help in the mailing list archives and I think the only extension available
is:

http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/File+Manager+Application

but this seems to work with non-wiki files.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Best regards,
Sebastian

Re: Batch move of pages

Marius Dumitru Florea
Hi Sebastian,

Take a look at the Refactoring Module
http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/Refactoring+Module .
It provides some scripting APIs to move/rename pages. The full list of
methods is available at
https://github.com/xwiki/xwiki-platform/blob/master/xwiki-platform-core/xwiki-platform-refactoring/xwiki-platform-refactoring-api/src/main/java/org/xwiki/refactoring/script/RefactoringScriptService.java
. Move request accepts a list as input (i.e. you can move multiple pages to
the same target location).

Hope this helps,
Marius

On Wed, Mar 1, 2017 at 4:22 PM, Sebastian Luna Valero <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> We are rearranging our xwiki and we have many pages to move to different
> locations. So far, the only solution seems to be doing so one page at a
> time, which is tedious having into account that more than 200 pages need to
> be moved.
>
> I was wondering whether this could be streamlined somehow. I could not find
> help in the mailing list archives and I think the only extension available
> is:
>
> http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/File+
> Manager+Application
>
> but this seems to work with non-wiki files.
>
> Any feedback is appreciated.
>
> Best regards,
> Sebastian

Re: Batch move of pages

Sebastian Luna Valero
Many thanks, Marius.

Apart from that option, would it be possible to drag and drop wiki pages
when using the "tree view" in the "Page index"?
(xwiki/bin/view/Main/AllDocs?view=tree)

Best regards,
Sebastian

[hidden email]>:

> Hi Sebastian,
>
> Take a look at the Refactoring Module
> http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/Refactoring+Module .
> It provides some scripting APIs to move/rename pages. The full list of
> methods is available at
> https://github.com/xwiki/xwiki-platform/blob/master/
> xwiki-platform-core/xwiki-platform-refactoring/xwiki-
> platform-refactoring-api/src/main/java/org/xwiki/refactoring/script/
> RefactoringScriptService.java
> . Move request accepts a list as input (i.e. you can move multiple pages to
> the same target location).
>
> Hope this helps,
> Marius
>
> On Wed, Mar 1, 2017 at 4:22 PM, Sebastian Luna Valero <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hi All,
> >
> > We are rearranging our xwiki and we have many pages to move to different
> > locations. So far, the only solution seems to be doing so one page at a
> > time, which is tedious having into account that more than 200 pages need
> > be moved.
> >
> > I was wondering whether this could be streamlined somehow. I could not
> find
> > help in the mailing list archives and I think the only extension
> available
> > is:
> >
> > http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/File+
> > Manager+Application
> >
> > but this seems to work with non-wiki files.
> >
> > Any feedback is appreciated.
> >
> > Best regards,
> > Sebastian

Re: Batch move of pages

Marius Dumitru Florea
On Wed, Mar 1, 2017 at 6:20 PM, Sebastian Luna Valero <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Many thanks, Marius.
>
> Apart from that option, would it be possible to drag and drop wiki pages
> when using the "tree view" in the "Page index"?
> (xwiki/bin/view/Main/AllDocs?view=tree)

Unfortunately this is not yet implemented, see http://jira.xwiki.org/browse/
XWIKI-11046 . The tree supports drag & drop (see the "readOnly" parameter
http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/Document+Tree+Macro#HParameters
) and the backend API to move pages is available (the refactoring module I
linked in the previous mail). What's missing is the binding between them.
See https://github.com/xwiki/xwiki-platform/blob/master/
xwiki-platform-core/xwiki-platform-index/xwiki-platform-
index-tree/xwiki-platform-index-tree-macro/src/main/resources/XWiki/
DocumentTreeMacros.xml#L113 . ATM all actions return "The specified action
is not supported.". You can try to modify the XWiki.DocumentTreeMacros page
at the indicated line to test for the move action and call the refactoring
script service.

Hope this helps,
Marius