Beta4 - ${pdoc.displayTitle}

Esbach, Brandon
Beta4 - ${pdoc.displayTitle}

More a visual issue than a bug:
For users that are not administrators, on B4 I'm getting this when viewing all new and old documents (previously this was only happening on delete, or for non-registered users for certain spaces).

Brandon Esbach
Software Engineer
M/A-Com Eurotec Operations
LoughMahon Technology Park,
Skehard Road,
Blackrock,
Cork, Ireland
Tel  +353 21 4808305

Re: Beta4 - ${pdoc.displayTitle}

Sergiu Dumitriu
For the final release we should fix that, in two ways.
- All the things that should be printed on the screen should use the just-in-case $! syntax
- We should see what's causing these issues and fix them

This is related to the access rights. The current user cannot access the document that ought to be referred by $pdoc.
1. Can you try to find out what document $pdoc should be?
2. Can you give some details regarding the rights configuration? Global access rights, space access rights, document access rights

Sergiu

--
http://purl.org/net/sergiu

RE: Beta4 - ${pdoc.displayTitle}

Esbach, Brandon
Sergui,

$pdoc should be pointing to Main.WebHome

The user is just accessing a topic (a document created using the default wiki news item class).  To expand a bit on this - "Main: ${pdoc.displayTitle} > Testst" is what my user sees, while an admin user sees "Main: WebHome > Testst" - almost like a standard (authenticated) user cannot get a reference to the WebHome document.  "Testst" is a document that the user created.
Permissions don't seem to factor in this issue, as I have also tried removed all permissions from the WebHome page (usually set to restrict Edit/Comment/Delete Allowed by Admin Group only); as well as for the Space.

I can send a screenshot of the two user views (admin and std user) if it'd help?

Re: Beta4 - ${pdoc.displayTitle}

kaaloo
Hmm Sergiu, I don't think your first suggestion is a good idea because
it will simply make some of the problems less obvious to find.
Whether you have $something or $!something the wiki page author's
intended output will still be affected if the expression cannot be
evaluated for some reason.

Luis

On 2/15/07, Sergiu Dumitriu <[hidden email]> wrote:

> For the final release we should fix that, in two ways.
> - All the things that should be printed on the screen should use the
> just-in-case $! syntax
> - We should see what's causing these issues and fix them
>
> This is related to the access rights. The current user cannot access the
> document that ought to be referred by $pdoc.
> 1. Can you try to find out what document $pdoc should be?
> 2. Can you give some details regarding the rights configuration? Global
> access rights, space access rights, document access rights
>
> Sergiu
>

>  On 2/15/07, Esbach, Brandon <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >

> > More a visual issue than a bug:
> > For users that are not administrators, on B4 I'm getting this when viewing
> all new and old documents (previously this was only happening on delete, or
> for non-registered users for certain spaces).
> >

> --
> http://purl.org/net/sergiu
>
> --
> You receive this message as a subscriber of the [hidden email]

Luis Arias
http://www.xwiki.com
+33 6 14 20 87 93
skype : kaaloo

Macros execution problem after migration 0.9.840 --> 1.0 RC3

Jeremie

I just migrated my wiki (successfully) to last Release Candidate, but problem is that my velocity macros are not executed anymore.
I saved the page containing the macros using my admin user with programming rights, but it seems to be the same ...

I know this problem has been addressed already, but I just could not find the information, help me please ! ;-)

Best regards
Jeremie

Re: Macros execution problem after migration 0.9.840 --> 1.0 RC3

Hi Jeremie,

On May 2, 2007, at 12:07 PM, BOUSQUET Jeremie wrote:

Hello,

I just migrated my wiki (successfully) to last Release Candidate,

ah I'm interested by this. We need to document the migration from 0.9 to 1.0 and some users complained that the information on

Could you please list the steps you have taken to perform the migration? Thanks!

but problem is that my velocity macros are not executed anymore.
I saved the page containing the macros using my admin user with programming rights, but it seems to be the same ...

I know this problem has been addressed already, but I just could not find the information, help me please ! ;-)

Can you show us your page with the macros? They should be executed just fine.

RE: Macros execution problem after migration 0.9.840 --> 1.0 RC3

Jeremie

**** The migration steps I used (hope I did not forgot something !):
- shutdown tomcat
- backuped the mysql database with a SQL dump
- backuped the webapps/xwiki folder
- unzipped the xwiki.war for RC3 in webapps/xwiki
- restarted tomcat and launched my browser on the wiki
- imported the panels application .xar
- had problems to switch to advanced user, so I found in the doc the solution --> imported some pages from the default xwiki.xar
- switched from my custom skin to the new default skin (layout was horrible before that)

The only little problem I had was that maybe I imported too much from default .xar, and so my user lost its admin rights. I only had to add these rights again. I think I did not import the pages that you recommended not too (for Groups and Preferences), but ...

I really did not have any real issue during the migration, much less than when I did try to migrate to pre-beta5 version ... But if you have a customized skin I think the result "from scratch" is not readable, you have to add it again "step by step" (because for example of disparition of left and top menu).
By the way do you describe somewhere how to add a top menu bar for RC3 ?

**** the macro problem:
Sorry it was my fault : my macros page was included in all pages via the skin and so as I changed the skin the macros were not declared ... But I think I still have some problems with some of the macros, I will investigate and maybe ask you for some help, but by now I do not have enough information to give.

Thanks