Quantcast

Bookmarks on XWiki Platform - Spaces

Hamster
With the XWiki Extensions being redesigned, several links to the "old" Extension pages are now broken.

Could someone please fix the links on:

http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Features/Spaces#HSnippetsforspaces

I am in need to rename/duplicate a space, so I could use those examples :-)

Re: Bookmarks on XWiki Platform - Spaces

Not much to do with XWiki Enterprise.

All snippets that used to be on extensions.xwiki.org are now on a
dedicated snippets.xwiki.org. Unfortunately the move was not done
properly...

I fixed two links but no idea where "Delete Space" snippet went.

On Fri, Mar 10, 2017 at 11:02 AM, Hamster <[hidden email]> wrote:

> With the XWiki Extensions being redesigned, several links to the "old"
> Extension pages are now broken.
>
> Could someone please fix the links on:
>
> http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Features/Spaces#HSnippetsforspaces
>
> I am in need to rename/duplicate a space, so I could use those examples :-)

Re: Bookmarks on XWiki Platform - Spaces

Hamster
Thomas Mortagne wrote
Not much to do with XWiki Enterprise.
I know...that's why I havn't mentioned XWiki Enterprise ;-)

Thanks for updating the links!

Problems wt Update 7.4.5 -> 8.4.4

Wolfgang Theissen

I'm trying to upgrade our XWIKI Installation from 7.4.5 to 8.4.4
(running on an Tomcat7/Ubuntu 16.0.4 ). I folllowed the upgrade guide
which basically says nothing except apt-get update and apt-get upgrade.
The database should be upgraded by the distribution wizard. The apt-get
commands are executed without errors.
But this leaves a broken system.It failes to initialize the Solr
embedded server:
"Could not load conf for core xwiki: Error loading solr config from
/var/lib/xwiki/data/solr/xwiki/conf/solrconfig.xml"

But as far as I understood this file in untouched by the upgrade so it
should be the same. So I assume the error is elseware.  I double checked
all other configuration files (xwiki.cfg, xwiki.properties, webx.ml,
catalina.properties) they should be okay.

Any help is welcome, Wolfgang

Re: Problems wt Update 7.4.5 -> 8.4.4

On Fri, Mar 10, 2017 at 12:03 PM, Wolfgang Theissen
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to upgrade our XWIKI Installation from 7.4.5 to 8.4.4 (running on
> an Tomcat7/Ubuntu 16.0.4 ). I folllowed the upgrade guide which basically
> says nothing except apt-get update and apt-get upgrade. The database should
> be upgraded by the distribution wizard. The apt-get commands are executed
> without errors.
> But this leaves a broken system.It failes to initialize the Solr embedded
> server:
> "Could not load conf for core xwiki: Error loading solr config from
> /var/lib/xwiki/data/solr/xwiki/conf/solrconfig.xml"
>
> But as far as I understood this file in untouched by the upgrade so it
> should be the same. So I assume the error is elseware.  I double checked all
> other configuration files (xwiki.cfg, xwiki.properties, webx.ml,
> catalina.properties) they should be okay.

In this specific use case the issue is that the file is untouched. You
should delete /var/lib/xwiki/data/solr/ and restart so that solr index
is automatically recreated.

Unfortunately there is no automatic upgrade of Solr index right now
when there is a change in the schema.

> Any help is welcome, Wolfgang

Re: Problems wt Update 7.4.5 -> 8.4.4

By the way there is something about that in the upgrade quide, that's
http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/AdminGuide/InstallationViaAPT#HXWikiwon27tstartandIgetSolrrelatederror28s29inthelog.