Quantcast

Bookmarks on XWiki Platform - Spaces

Hamster
With the XWiki Extensions being redesigned, several links to the "old" Extension pages are now broken.

Could someone please fix the links on:

http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Features/Spaces#HSnippetsforspaces

I am in need to rename/duplicate a space, so I could use those examples :-)

Re: Bookmarks on XWiki Platform - Spaces

Not much to do with XWiki Enterprise.

All snippets that used to be on extensions.xwiki.org are now on a
dedicated snippets.xwiki.org. Unfortunately the move was not done
properly...

I fixed two links but no idea where "Delete Space" snippet went.

On Fri, Mar 10, 2017 at 11:02 AM, Hamster <[hidden email]> wrote:

> With the XWiki Extensions being redesigned, several links to the "old"
> Extension pages are now broken.
>
> Could someone please fix the links on:
>
> http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Features/Spaces#HSnippetsforspaces
>
> I am in need to rename/duplicate a space, so I could use those examples :-)

Re: Bookmarks on XWiki Platform - Spaces

Hamster
Thomas Mortagne wrote
Not much to do with XWiki Enterprise.
I know...that's why I havn't mentioned XWiki Enterprise ;-)

Thanks for updating the links!

Problems wt Update 7.4.5 -> 8.4.4

Wolfgang Theissen

I'm trying to upgrade our XWIKI Installation from 7.4.5 to 8.4.4
(running on an Tomcat7/Ubuntu 16.0.4 ). I folllowed the upgrade guide
which basically says nothing except apt-get update and apt-get upgrade.
The database should be upgraded by the distribution wizard. The apt-get
commands are executed without errors.
But this leaves a broken system.It failes to initialize the Solr
embedded server:
"Could not load conf for core xwiki: Error loading solr config from
/var/lib/xwiki/data/solr/xwiki/conf/solrconfig.xml"

But as far as I understood this file in untouched by the upgrade so it
should be the same. So I assume the error is elseware.  I double checked
all other configuration files (xwiki.cfg, xwiki.properties, webx.ml,
catalina.properties) they should be okay.

Any help is welcome, Wolfgang

Re: Problems wt Update 7.4.5 -> 8.4.4

On Fri, Mar 10, 2017 at 12:03 PM, Wolfgang Theissen
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to upgrade our XWIKI Installation from 7.4.5 to 8.4.4 (running on
> an Tomcat7/Ubuntu 16.0.4 ). I folllowed the upgrade guide which basically
> says nothing except apt-get update and apt-get upgrade. The database should
> be upgraded by the distribution wizard. The apt-get commands are executed
> without errors.
> But this leaves a broken system.It failes to initialize the Solr embedded
> server:
> "Could not load conf for core xwiki: Error loading solr config from
> /var/lib/xwiki/data/solr/xwiki/conf/solrconfig.xml"
>
> But as far as I understood this file in untouched by the upgrade so it
> should be the same. So I assume the error is elseware.  I double checked all
> other configuration files (xwiki.cfg, xwiki.properties, webx.ml,
> catalina.properties) they should be okay.

In this specific use case the issue is that the file is untouched. You
should delete /var/lib/xwiki/data/solr/ and restart so that solr index
is automatically recreated.

Unfortunately there is no automatic upgrade of Solr index right now
when there is a change in the schema.

> Any help is welcome, Wolfgang

Re: Problems wt Update 7.4.5 -> 8.4.4

By the way there is something about that in the upgrade quide, that's
http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/AdminGuide/InstallationViaAPT#HXWikiwon27tstartandIgetSolrrelatederror28s29inthelog.

On Fri, Mar 10, 2017 at 2:28 PM, Thomas Mortagne
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 10, 2017 at 12:03 PM, Wolfgang Theissen
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm trying to upgrade our XWIKI Installation from 7.4.5 to 8.4.4 (running on
>> an Tomcat7/Ubuntu 16.0.4 ). I folllowed the upgrade guide which basically
>> says nothing except apt-get update and apt-get upgrade. The database should
>> be upgraded by the distribution wizard. The apt-get commands are executed
>> without errors.
>> But this leaves a broken system.It failes to initialize the Solr embedded
>> server:
>> "Could not load conf for core xwiki: Error loading solr config from
>> /var/lib/xwiki/data/solr/xwiki/conf/solrconfig.xml"
>>
>> But as far as I understood this file in untouched by the upgrade so it
>> should be the same. So I assume the error is elseware.  I double checked all
>> other configuration files (xwiki.cfg, xwiki.properties, webx.ml,
>> catalina.properties) they should be okay.
>
> In this specific use case the issue is that the file is untouched. You
> should delete /var/lib/xwiki/data/solr/ and restart so that solr index
> is automatically recreated.
>
> Unfortunately there is no automatic upgrade of Solr index right now
> when there is a change in the schema.
>

>> Any help is welcome, Wolfgang

Re: Problems wt Update 7.4.5 -> 8.4.4

Wolfgang Theissen

as recommended I deleted the files in /var/lib/xwiki/data/solr but the
problems with SOLR Indexer persist.

SOLR indexer starts, new files are generated, but the search does not
run properly.

Search as you type works, but if click "show all results" an errox box
is shown, with this extract from details:

"...

Caused by: org.apache.velocity.exception.MethodInvocationException:
Invocation of method 'execute' in class
org.xwiki.query.internal.ScriptQuery threw exception
org.xwiki.query.QueryException: Solr query require programming right.
Query statement = [update] at 59:xwiki:Main.Search[line 585, column 32]

..."

I was logged in as superadmin, so their can't be a problem with rights...

Regards, Wolfgang

Am 10.03.2017 um 12:03 schrieb Wolfgang Theissen:

> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to upgrade our XWIKI Installation from 7.4.5 to 8.4.4
> (running on an Tomcat7/Ubuntu 16.0.4 ). I folllowed the upgrade guide
> which basically says nothing except apt-get update and apt-get
> upgrade. The database should be upgraded by the distribution wizard.
> The apt-get commands are executed without errors.
> But this leaves a broken system.It failes to initialize the Solr
> embedded server:
> "Could not load conf for core xwiki: Error loading solr config from
> /var/lib/xwiki/data/solr/xwiki/conf/solrconfig.xml"
>
> But as far as I understood this file in untouched by the upgrade so it
> should be the same. So I assume the error is elseware.  I double
> checked all other configuration files (xwiki.cfg, xwiki.properties,
> webx.ml, catalina.properties) they should be okay.
>
> Any help is welcome, Wolfgang

Re: Problems wt Update 7.4.5 -> 8.4.4

On Mon, Apr 3, 2017 at 3:07 PM, Wolfgang Theissen

> as recommended I deleted the files in /var/lib/xwiki/data/solr but the
> problems with SOLR Indexer persist.
>
> SOLR indexer starts, new files are generated, but the search does not run
> properly.
>
> Search as you type works, but if click "show all results" an errox box is
> shown, with this extract from details:
>
> "...
>
> Caused by: org.apache.velocity.exception.MethodInvocationException:
> Invocation of method 'execute' in class org.xwiki.query.internal.ScriptQuery
> threw exception org.xwiki.query.QueryException: Solr query require
> programming right. Query statement = [update] at 59:xwiki:Main.Search[line
> 585, column 32]
>
> ..."
>
> I was logged in as superadmin, so their can't be a problem with rights...

This error is not related to current user but to the content author of
the search page. It usually means it was installed by someone who does
not have programming right or lost them since.

You should modify (you need to actually modify something, a new line
is enough for example) and save Main/Search page with a user who have
programming right.