Quantcast

Bounced Emails

Keith Davis
My subscription keeps getting disabled due to excessive bounces. I would
understand that if I was still hosting my web host's email server, but I'm
not having email send to my Gmail account. Any ideas what would be causing
that?

--
Keith Davis
214-906-5183

Re: Bounced Emails

PascalB
Hello,
There are a discussion about this problem:
http://xwiki.markmail.org/message/f3bph6lrhlgtgwhw?q=Lots+of+disabled+Yahoo+email+addresses+on+the+xwiki.org+lists#query:Lots%20of%20disabled%20Yahoo%20email%20addresses%20on%20the%20xwiki.org%20lists+page:1+mid:dvftqeuhovx6xnjt+state:results

Pascal B

 Objet: [xwiki-users] Bounced Emails
 À: [hidden email]

Re: Bounced Emails

Cuong Hoang
Same here, I posted a message on 25 Nov, get some error message from
[hidden email] about excessive bounces, excerpt: "Your membership
in the mailing list users has been disabled due to excessive bounces. The
last bounce received from you was dated 24-Nov-2016.  You will not get any
more messages from this list until you re-enable your membership. You will
receive 1 more reminders like this before your membership in the list is
deleted..."

I followed the instructions in the email but no thing worked, haven't
received any messages from xwiki-users group since that day. I suspect many
xwiki might have the same problems, and they just "disappeared". Thinking
of trying other email address than gmail...

On Mon, Nov 14, 2016 at 10:40 PM Keith Davis <[hidden email]>
wrote:

My subscription keeps getting disabled due to excessive bounces. I would
understand that if I was still hosting my web host's email server, but I'm
not having email send to my Gmail account. Any ideas what would be causing
that?

--
Keith Davis
214-906-5183 <(214)%20906-5183>

Re: Bounced Emails

Hi Cuong,

> On 15 Dec 2016, at 07:35, Cuong Hoang <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Same here, I posted a message on 25 Nov, get some error message from
> [hidden email] about excessive bounces, excerpt: "Your membership
> in the mailing list users has been disabled due to excessive bounces. The
> last bounce received from you was dated 24-Nov-2016.  You will not get any
> more messages from this list until you re-enable your membership. You will
> receive 1 more reminders like this before your membership in the list is
> deleted…”

I’ve re-enabled your membership for you (you can probably do that by yourself by sending some commands but I’m not sure how TBH).

I also went through the full users list and re-enabled all email addresses that were no receiving emails because of bounces, just in case (there were 4 only).

> I followed the instructions in the email but no thing worked, haven't
> received any messages from xwiki-users group since that day. I suspect many
> xwiki might have the same problems, and they just "disappeared". Thinking
> of trying other email address than gmail…

We’re also having lots of issues recently because of DMARC policy change from yahoo. See http://markmail.org/message/5zpzp6pflgcb2duj

Note sure if your problem is related to this or not though.

We started discussing solutions and one of them would be to switch from managing our lists ourselves with mailman and moving to some other tools such as Google Groups. This discussion is still going on but we probably need to hurry up a bit…

> On Mon, Nov 14, 2016 at 10:40 PM Keith Davis <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> My subscription keeps getting disabled due to excessive bounces. I would
> understand that if I was still hosting my web host's email server, but I'm
> not having email send to my Gmail account. Any ideas what would be causing
> that?

> Keith Davis
> 214-906-5183 <(214)%20906-5183>

Re: Bounced Emails

Cuong Hoang
Awsome, Vincent, thanks!
Best,
Cuong

On Thu, Dec 15, 2016 at 2:37 PM Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Cuong,
>
> > On 15 Dec 2016, at 07:35, Cuong Hoang <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Same here, I posted a message on 25 Nov, get some error message from
> > [hidden email] about excessive bounces, excerpt: "Your
> membership
> > in the mailing list users has been disabled due to excessive bounces. The
> > last bounce received from you was dated 24-Nov-2016.  You will not get
> any
> > more messages from this list until you re-enable your membership. You
> will
> > receive 1 more reminders like this before your membership in the list is
> > deleted…”
>
> I’ve re-enabled your membership for you (you can probably do that by
> yourself by sending some commands but I’m not sure how TBH).
>
> I also went through the full users list and re-enabled all email addresses
> that were no receiving emails because of bounces, just in case (there were
> 4 only).
>
> > I followed the instructions in the email but no thing worked, haven't
> > received any messages from xwiki-users group since that day. I suspect
> many
> > xwiki might have the same problems, and they just "disappeared". Thinking
> > of trying other email address than gmail…
>
> We’re also having lots of issues recently because of DMARC policy change
> from yahoo. See http://markmail.org/message/5zpzp6pflgcb2duj
>
> Note sure if your problem is related to this or not though.
>
> We started discussing solutions and one of them would be to switch from
> managing our lists ourselves with mailman and moving to some other tools
> such as Google Groups. This discussion is still going on but we probably
> need to hurry up a bit…

> > On Mon, Nov 14, 2016 at 10:40 PM Keith Davis <[hidden email]
> >
> > wrote:
> >
> > My subscription keeps getting disabled due to excessive bounces. I would
> > understand that if I was still hosting my web host's email server, but
> I'm
> > not having email send to my Gmail account. Any ideas what would be
> causing
> > that?
> >
> > --
> > Keith Davis
> > 214-906-5183 <(214)%20906-5183> <(214)%20906-5183>

Re: Bounced Emails

Keith Davis
Google Groups UI is goofy, and I hate reading it online, but the email
functionality is pretty good and very reliable. I manage a couple of them
and we've had good luck.

My .02

On Thu, Dec 15, 2016 at 2:17 AM, Cuong Hoang <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Awsome, Vincent, thanks!
> Best,
> Cuong
>
> On Thu, Dec 15, 2016 at 2:37 PM Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hi Cuong,
> >
> > > On 15 Dec 2016, at 07:35, Cuong Hoang <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > >
> > > Same here, I posted a message on 25 Nov, get some error message from
> > > [hidden email] about excessive bounces, excerpt: "Your
> > membership
> > > in the mailing list users has been disabled due to excessive bounces.
> The
> > > last bounce received from you was dated 24-Nov-2016.  You will not get
> > any
> > > more messages from this list until you re-enable your membership. You
> > will
> > > receive 1 more reminders like this before your membership in the list
> is
> > > deleted…”
> >
> > I’ve re-enabled your membership for you (you can probably do that by
> > yourself by sending some commands but I’m not sure how TBH).
> >
> > I also went through the full users list and re-enabled all email
> addresses
> > that were no receiving emails because of bounces, just in case (there
> were
> > 4 only).
> >
> > > I followed the instructions in the email but no thing worked, haven't
> > > received any messages from xwiki-users group since that day. I suspect
> > many
> > > xwiki might have the same problems, and they just "disappeared".
> Thinking
> > > of trying other email address than gmail…
> >
> > We’re also having lots of issues recently because of DMARC policy change
> > from yahoo. See http://markmail.org/message/5zpzp6pflgcb2duj
> >
> > Note sure if your problem is related to this or not though.
> >
> > We started discussing solutions and one of them would be to switch from
> > managing our lists ourselves with mailman and moving to some other tools
> > such as Google Groups. This discussion is still going on but we probably
> > need to hurry up a bit…

> > > On Mon, Nov 14, 2016 at 10:40 PM Keith Davis <
> [hidden email]
> > >
> > > wrote:
> > >
> > > My subscription keeps getting disabled due to excessive bounces. I
> would
> > > understand that if I was still hosting my web host's email server, but
> > I'm
> > > not having email send to my Gmail account. Any ideas what would be
> > causing
> > > that?
> > >
> > > --
> > > Keith Davis
> > > 214-906-5183 <(214)%20906-5183> <(214)%20906-5183>

Keith Davis
214-906-5183

Re: Bounced Emails

I mentioned this a while ago:

"The only way to fix the problem (at least for the
majority of emails) is to remove the footer from the configuration."

So, there is a quick solution which doesn't require changing the whole
infrastructure.

On 12/15/2016 02:37 AM, Vincent Massol wrote:

> Hi Cuong,
>
>> On 15 Dec 2016, at 07:35, Cuong Hoang <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Same here, I posted a message on 25 Nov, get some error message from
>> [hidden email] about excessive bounces, excerpt: "Your membership
>> in the mailing list users has been disabled due to excessive bounces. The
>> last bounce received from you was dated 24-Nov-2016.  You will not get any
>> more messages from this list until you re-enable your membership. You will
>> receive 1 more reminders like this before your membership in the list is
>> deleted…”
>
> I’ve re-enabled your membership for you (you can probably do that by yourself by sending some commands but I’m not sure how TBH).
>
> I also went through the full users list and re-enabled all email addresses that were no receiving emails because of bounces, just in case (there were 4 only).
>
>> I followed the instructions in the email but no thing worked, haven't
>> received any messages from xwiki-users group since that day. I suspect many
>> xwiki might have the same problems, and they just "disappeared". Thinking
>> of trying other email address than gmail…
>
> We’re also having lots of issues recently because of DMARC policy change from yahoo. See http://markmail.org/message/5zpzp6pflgcb2duj
>
> Note sure if your problem is related to this or not though.
>
> We started discussing solutions and one of them would be to switch from managing our lists ourselves with mailman and moving to some other tools such as Google Groups. This discussion is still going on but we probably need to hurry up a bit…

>> On Mon, Nov 14, 2016 at 10:40 PM Keith Davis <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>> My subscription keeps getting disabled due to excessive bounces. I would
>> understand that if I was still hosting my web host's email server, but I'm
>> not having email send to my Gmail account. Any ideas what would be causing
>> that?
>>
>> --
>> Keith Davis
>> 214-906-5183 <(214)%20906-5183>

http://purl.org/net/sergiu

Re: Bounced Emails

Sergiu Dumitriu-3
Actually there is another option, but which only fixes automatic
unsubscribes and not the fact that messages are marked as spam: in the
mailman list administration, disable "Bounce processing".

On 12/16/2016 01:56 PM, Sergiu Dumitriu wrote:

> I mentioned this a while ago:
>
> "The only way to fix the problem (at least for the
> majority of emails) is to remove the footer from the configuration."
>
> So, there is a quick solution which doesn't require changing the whole
> infrastructure.
>
> On 12/15/2016 02:37 AM, Vincent Massol wrote:
>> Hi Cuong,
>>
>>> On 15 Dec 2016, at 07:35, Cuong Hoang <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Same here, I posted a message on 25 Nov, get some error message from
>>> [hidden email] about excessive bounces, excerpt: "Your membership
>>> in the mailing list users has been disabled due to excessive bounces. The
>>> last bounce received from you was dated 24-Nov-2016.  You will not get any
>>> more messages from this list until you re-enable your membership. You will
>>> receive 1 more reminders like this before your membership in the list is
>>> deleted…”
>>
>> I’ve re-enabled your membership for you (you can probably do that by yourself by sending some commands but I’m not sure how TBH).
>>
>> I also went through the full users list and re-enabled all email addresses that were no receiving emails because of bounces, just in case (there were 4 only).
>>
>>> I followed the instructions in the email but no thing worked, haven't
>>> received any messages from xwiki-users group since that day. I suspect many
>>> xwiki might have the same problems, and they just "disappeared". Thinking
>>> of trying other email address than gmail…
>>
>> We’re also having lots of issues recently because of DMARC policy change from yahoo. See http://markmail.org/message/5zpzp6pflgcb2duj
>>
>> Note sure if your problem is related to this or not though.
>>
>> We started discussing solutions and one of them would be to switch from managing our lists ourselves with mailman and moving to some other tools such as Google Groups. This discussion is still going on but we probably need to hurry up a bit…

>>> On Mon, Nov 14, 2016 at 10:40 PM Keith Davis <[hidden email]>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>> My subscription keeps getting disabled due to excessive bounces. I would
>>> understand that if I was still hosting my web host's email server, but I'm
>>> not having email send to my Gmail account. Any ideas what would be causing
>>> that?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Keith Davis
>>> 214-906-5183 <(214)%20906-5183>

http://purl.org/net/sergiu

Re: Bounced Emails

Hm, actually I think the signature is this not the cause for this
message, since the bounce means that Yahoo rejects mails from xwiki, not
the other way around. And I think you already removed the signature, right?

On 12/16/2016 01:56 PM, Sergiu Dumitriu wrote:

> I mentioned this a while ago:
>
> "The only way to fix the problem (at least for the
> majority of emails) is to remove the footer from the configuration."
>
> So, there is a quick solution which doesn't require changing the whole
> infrastructure.
>
> On 12/15/2016 02:37 AM, Vincent Massol wrote:
>> Hi Cuong,
>>
>>> On 15 Dec 2016, at 07:35, Cuong Hoang <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Same here, I posted a message on 25 Nov, get some error message from
>>> [hidden email] about excessive bounces, excerpt: "Your membership
>>> in the mailing list users has been disabled due to excessive bounces. The
>>> last bounce received from you was dated 24-Nov-2016.  You will not get any
>>> more messages from this list until you re-enable your membership. You will
>>> receive 1 more reminders like this before your membership in the list is
>>> deleted…”
>>
>> I’ve re-enabled your membership for you (you can probably do that by yourself by sending some commands but I’m not sure how TBH).
>>
>> I also went through the full users list and re-enabled all email addresses that were no receiving emails because of bounces, just in case (there were 4 only).
>>
>>> I followed the instructions in the email but no thing worked, haven't
>>> received any messages from xwiki-users group since that day. I suspect many
>>> xwiki might have the same problems, and they just "disappeared". Thinking
>>> of trying other email address than gmail…
>>
>> We’re also having lots of issues recently because of DMARC policy change from yahoo. See http://markmail.org/message/5zpzp6pflgcb2duj
>>
>> Note sure if your problem is related to this or not though.
>>
>> We started discussing solutions and one of them would be to switch from managing our lists ourselves with mailman and moving to some other tools such as Google Groups. This discussion is still going on but we probably need to hurry up a bit…

>>> On Mon, Nov 14, 2016 at 10:40 PM Keith Davis <[hidden email]>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>> My subscription keeps getting disabled due to excessive bounces. I would
>>> understand that if I was still hosting my web host's email server, but I'm
>>> not having email send to my Gmail account. Any ideas what would be causing
>>> that?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Keith Davis
>>> 214-906-5183 <(214)%20906-5183>

http://purl.org/net/sergiu

Re: Bounced Emails

Keith Davis
Still happening, about once a month. :(

Keith Davis
214-906-5183

Re: Bounced Emails

PascalB

Same problem for me.

Pascal B

 Objet: Re: [xwiki-users] Bounced Emails
 À: "XWiki Users" <[hidden email]>
 Date: Jeudi 13 avril 2017, 14h29

 Dumitriu wrote:
 > > I mentioned this a while
 ago:

 > > "The only way to fix the
 problem (at least for the

 wrote:

 message on 25 Nov, get some error message from
 about excessive bounces, excerpt: "Your
 > membership
 users has been disabled due to excessive bounces.
 > The
 from you was dated 24-Nov-2016.  You will not get
 > any
 this list until you re-enable your membership. You
 > will
 reminders like this before your membership in the list
 > is
 > >>
 > >> I’ve re-enabled your
 membership for you (you can probably do that by
 > yourself by sending some commands
 but I’m not sure how TBH).

 > >> I also went through the
 full users list and re-enabled all email
 > addresses that were no receiving
 emails because of bounces, just in case
 > (there were 4 only).

 instructions in the email but no thing worked, haven't
 from xwiki-users group since that day. I suspect
 > many
 same problems, and they just "disappeared".
 > Thinking
 address than gmail…

 > >> We’re also having lots
 of issues recently because of DMARC policy
 > change from yahoo. See http://markmail.org/message/5zpzp6pflgcb2duj
 > >>
 > >> Note sure if your problem
 is related to this or not though.

 > >> We started discussing
 solutions and one of them would be to switch from
 > managing our lists ourselves with
 mailman and moving to some other tools
 > such as Google Groups. This
 discussion is still going on but we probably
 > need to hurry up a bit…
 > >>
 > >> Thanks
 > >> -Vincent

 at 10:40 PM Keith Davis <
 > [hidden email]>

 getting disabled due to excessive bounces. I
 > would
 was still hosting my web host's email server, but
 > I'm
 to my Gmail account. Any ideas what would be
 > causing

 <(214)%20906-5183>

 Keith Davis
 214-906-5183

Re: Bounced Emails

BRUMM Steffen
Maybe a yahoo-only-problem? I dont have such troubles.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Steffen BRUMM
Programmierung
IT-Österreich

Frankstahl Rohr- und Stahlhandelsges.m.b.H.
Frankstahlstraße2
A-2353 Guntramsdorf
Tel: +43 50 50 3-343
www.frankstahl.com

FÜR DIE UMWELT AKTIV: Frankstahl ist Partner von Global 2000

Firmensitz: Esteplatz 6, A-1030 Wien, FN 142511a Handelsgericht Wien, DVR 0509361
Die Information in diesem Mail ist ausschließlich für den Empfänger bestimmt. Anderen Personen ist es nicht gestattet diese Information zu öffnen, zu kopieren oder zu verteilen. Falls Sie diese Information irrtümlich erhalten haben, kontaktieren Sie bitte den Absender und löschen Sie das Mail von Ihrem Computer.

 À: "XWiki Users" <[hidden email]>
 Date: Jeudi 13 avril 2017, 14h29

 Dumitriu wrote:
 > > I mentioned this a while
 ago:

 > > "The only way to fix the
 problem (at least for the

 wrote:

 message on 25 Nov, get some error message from  > >>> [hidden email]  about excessive bounces, excerpt: "Your  > membership  > >>> in the mailing list  users has been disabled due to excessive bounces.
 > The
 from you was dated 24-Nov-2016.  You will not get  > any  > >>> more messages from  this list until you re-enable your membership. You  > will  > >>> receive 1 more  reminders like this before your membership in the list  > is  > >>> deleted…”

 > >> I’ve re-enabled your
 membership for you (you can probably do that by  > yourself by sending some commands  but I’m not sure how TBH).

 > >> I also went through the
 full users list and re-enabled all email  > addresses that were no receiving  emails because of bounces, just in case  > (there were 4 only).

 instructions in the email but no thing worked, haven't  > >>> received any messages  from xwiki-users group since that day. I suspect  > many  > >>> xwiki might have the  same problems, and they just "disappeared".
 > Thinking
 address than gmail…

 solutions and one of them would be to switch from  > managing our lists ourselves with  mailman and moving to some other tools  > such as Google Groups. This  discussion is still going on but we probably  > need to hurry up a bit…  > >>  > >> Thanks  > >> -Vincent  > >>  > >>> On Mon, Nov 14, 2016  at 10:40 PM Keith Davis <  > [hidden email]>  > >>> wrote:

 getting disabled due to excessive bounces. I  > would  > >>> understand that if I  was still hosting my web host's email server, but  > I'm  > >>> not having email send  to my Gmail account. Any ideas what would be  > causing  > >>> that?

 <(214)%20906-5183>

 Keith Davis
 214-906-5183

Re: Bounced Emails

PascalB
Yes probably but It seem laurinkeithdavis on gmail.com have this problem too.

 Objet: AW: [xwiki-users] Bounced Emails
 À: "Pascal BASTIEN" <[hidden email]>, "XWiki Users" <[hidden email]>

 En date de : Jeu 13.4.17, Keith Davis <[hidden email]>
 a écrit :

  Objet: Re:
 [xwiki-users] Bounced Emails
  À:
 "XWiki Users" <[hidden email]>
  Date: Jeudi 13 avril 2017, 14h29

  Still happening, about once

  wrote:

 Hm, actually I think the signature
  is this
 not the cause for this
  > message, since
 the bounce means
  that Yahoo rejects mails
 from xwiki, not  > the other way around. And I think
 you already removed the signature, right?

  > On 12/16/2016 01:56 PM, Sergiu
  Dumitriu wrote:
 mentioned this a while
  ago:

  > > "The
 only way to fix the
  problem (at least for
 the
  > > majority of emails) is to
  remove the footer from the
 configuration."

  wrote:

  message on 25 Nov, get some error message
 from  > >>> [hidden email]
 about excessive bounces, excerpt: "Your  >
 membership  > >>> in the mailing list  users
 has been disabled due to excessive bounces.

 > The
 received
  from you was dated 24-Nov-2016.
 You will not get  > any  > >>> more
 messages from  this list until you re-enable your
 membership. You  > will  > >>> receive 1
 more  reminders like this before your membership in the
 list  > is  > >>> deleted…”

 I’ve re-enabled your
  membership for you
 (you can probably do that by  > yourself by sending some
 commands  but I’m not sure how TBH).

  > >> I also went
 through the
  full users list and re-enabled
 all email  > addresses that were no receiving  emails
 because of bounces, just in case  > (there were 4
 only).

 >>> I followed the
  instructions in
 the email but no thing worked, haven't  >
 >>> received any messages  from xwiki-users group
 since that day. I suspect  > many  > >>>
 xwiki might have the  same problems, and they just
 "disappeared".
  > Thinking
  address than gmail…

  > >> We’re also having
 lots
  of issues recently because of DMARC
 policy  > change from yahoo. See http://markmail.org/message/5zpzp6pflgcb2duj

 Note sure if your problem
  is related to
 this or not though.

  > >> We started discussing
  solutions and one of them would be to switch
 from  > managing our lists ourselves with  mailman and
 moving to some other tools  > such as Google Groups.
 This  discussion is still going on but we probably  >
 need to hurry up a bit…  > >>  > >>
 Thanks  > >> -Vincent  > >>  >
 >>> On Mon, Nov 14, 2016  at 10:40 PM Keith Davis
 <  > [hidden email]

 subscription keeps
  getting disabled due to
 excessive bounces. I  > would  > >>>
 understand that if I  was still hosting my web host's
 email server, but  > I'm  > >>> not
 having email send  to my Gmail account. Any ideas what
 would be  > causing  > >>> that?

 >>> --
 Davis
  <(214)%20906-5183>