[Brainstorming] XWiki stickers

Eduard Moraru
Hello, fellow XWiki community members,

Since XWiki will be participating at this year's FOSDEM (www.fosdem.org)
open source meeting in Brussels and since we never did spend some time to
think about XWiki sticker that would help promote our community, we invite
everybody to chip in with *ideas on how XWiki stickers should look like*.

We would like to focus on *thumb-sized* (vertical/badge; horizontal with
text) stickers in a couple of formats:
1) X logo + "xwiki.org" under (standard XWiki sticker)
2) Horizontal message/quote + "xwiki.org" under it (get creative on the
messages)
3) FOSDEM or other open source event flavored sticker (we have one idea,
others are welcomed)
4) Anything text/graphic XWiki-related (or about open source, wikis, etc.),
within the size restrictions, for the more talented/creative ones out there
:)

Other inspiration and resources:
http://www.unixstickers.com/stickers
http://design.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Standards/ColorsLogo
https://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main/Media
https://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main/Logo

Please use this wiki page to share your ideas or designs (or even reply to
this mail, but the wiki page would be nicer :) ):
http://design.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Proposal/XWikiStickers

The deadline is *end of Wednesday, 11th January, 2016*. You can continue
contributing after this date as well, since ideas are always welcomed, but
they will probably be printed for future events.

It`s a short notice, but FOSDEM is close and we can do more brainstorming
rounds in the future as well.

XWiki SAS is going to handle the printing of the logos around the end of
this week or next week.

We will come back with the results and you can come to FOSDEM at XWiki's
booth to talk to us and grab some stickers to enjoy and share yourself ;)

The plan is to eventually create a stickers page on xwiki.org where
everybody can download and print XWiki stickers themselves. It should
include both generally approved XWiki stickers but also community made ones.

Looking forward to your ideas,

Thanks,
Eduard

Re: [xwiki-devs] [Brainstorming] XWiki stickers

Ludovic Dubost
Hi Edy,

Great initiative ! I've put some ideas as SVGs attachment to the page

http://design.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Proposal/XWikiStickers#Attachments

*Ludovic Dubost*
*Founder and CEO*
[hidden email]
skype: ldubost
Blog: http://blog.ludovic.org

On Sat, Jan 7, 2017 at 6:24 PM, Eduard Moraru <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello, fellow XWiki community members,
>
> Since XWiki will be participating at this year's FOSDEM (www.fosdem.org)
> open source meeting in Brussels and since we never did spend some time to
> think about XWiki sticker that would help promote our community, we invite
> everybody to chip in with *ideas on how XWiki stickers should look like*.
>
> We would like to focus on *thumb-sized* (vertical/badge; horizontal with
> text) stickers in a couple of formats:
> 1) X logo + "xwiki.org" under (standard XWiki sticker)
> 2) Horizontal message/quote + "xwiki.org" under it (get creative on the
> messages)
> 3) FOSDEM or other open source event flavored sticker (we have one idea,
> others are welcomed)
> 4) Anything text/graphic XWiki-related (or about open source, wikis, etc.),
> within the size restrictions, for the more talented/creative ones out there
> :)
>
> Other inspiration and resources:
> http://www.unixstickers.com/stickers
> http://design.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Standards/ColorsLogo
> https://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main/Media
> https://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main/Logo
>
> Please use this wiki page to share your ideas or designs (or even reply to
> this mail, but the wiki page would be nicer :) ):
> http://design.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Proposal/XWikiStickers
>
> The deadline is *end of Wednesday, 11th January, 2016*. You can continue
> contributing after this date as well, since ideas are always welcomed, but
> they will probably be printed for future events.
>
> It`s a short notice, but FOSDEM is close and we can do more brainstorming
> rounds in the future as well.
>
> XWiki SAS is going to handle the printing of the logos around the end of
> this week or next week.
>
> We will come back with the results and you can come to FOSDEM at XWiki's
> booth to talk to us and grab some stickers to enjoy and share yourself ;)
>
> The plan is to eventually create a stickers page on xwiki.org where
> everybody can download and print XWiki stickers themselves. It should
> include both generally approved XWiki stickers but also community made
> ones.
>
> Looking forward to your ideas,
>
> Thanks,
> Eduard

Re: [xwiki-devs] [Brainstorming] XWiki stickers

Eduard Moraru
I`ve added your attachments to the list of previews. They look a bit odd
(smaller, with some extra padding) as SVGs, but the browser seems to be
able to handle them now.

Let`s see some more, including in the "Messages" section. We should have a
preview of how those stickers would look like. Will probably add one around
Monday.

Thanks,
Eduard

Le 8 janv. 2017 02:15, "Eduard Moraru" <[hidden email]> a écrit :

I`ve added your attachments to the list of previews. They look a bit odd
(smaller, with some extra padding) as SVGs, but the browser seems to be
able to handle them now.

I made then with inkscape on mac. I found the initial svg that I loaded not
looking exactly as the PNG so there must be some compatibility issue

Ludo

Let`s see some more, including in the "Messages" section. We should have a
preview of how those stickers would look like. Will probably add one around
Monday.

Thanks,
Eduard

On Sun, Jan 8, 2017 at 1:31 AM, Ludovic Dubost <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Edy,
>
> Great initiative ! I've put some ideas as SVGs attachment to the page
>
> http://design.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Proposal/XWikiStickers#Attachments
>
> Ludovic
>

> --
> *Ludovic Dubost*
> *Founder and CEO*
> [hidden email]
> skype: ldubost
> Blog: http://blog.ludovic.org
>
> On Sat, Jan 7, 2017 at 6:24 PM, Eduard Moraru <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Hello, fellow XWiki community members,
> >
> > Since XWiki will be participating at this year's FOSDEM (www.fosdem.org)
> > open source meeting in Brussels and since we never did spend some time
> > think about XWiki sticker that would help promote our community, we
> invite
> > everybody to chip in with *ideas on how XWiki stickers should look
like*.

> > We would like to focus on *thumb-sized* (vertical/badge; horizontal with
> > text) stickers in a couple of formats:
> > 1) X logo + "xwiki.org" under (standard XWiki sticker)
> > 2) Horizontal message/quote + "xwiki.org" under it (get creative on the
> > messages)
> > 3) FOSDEM or other open source event flavored sticker (we have one idea,
> > others are welcomed)
> > 4) Anything text/graphic XWiki-related (or about open source, wikis,
> etc.),
> > within the size restrictions, for the more talented/creative ones out
> there
> > :)
> >
> > Other inspiration and resources:
> > http://www.unixstickers.com/stickers
> > http://design.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Standards/ColorsLogo
> > https://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main/Media
> > https://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main/Logo
> >
> > Please use this wiki page to share your ideas or designs (or even reply
> > this mail, but the wiki page would be nicer :) ):
> > http://design.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Proposal/XWikiStickers
> >
> > The deadline is *end of Wednesday, 11th January, 2016*. You can continue
> > contributing after this date as well, since ideas are always welcomed,
> but
> > they will probably be printed for future events.
> >
> > It`s a short notice, but FOSDEM is close and we can do more
brainstorming
> > rounds in the future as well.
> >
> > XWiki SAS is going to handle the printing of the logos around the end of
> > this week or next week.
> >
> > We will come back with the results and you can come to FOSDEM at XWiki's
> > booth to talk to us and grab some stickers to enjoy and share yourself
;)

> > The plan is to eventually create a stickers page on xwiki.org where
> > everybody can download and print XWiki stickers themselves. It should
> > include both generally approved XWiki stickers but also community made
> > ones.
> >
> > Looking forward to your ideas,
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Eduard

Re: [xwiki-devs] [Brainstorming] XWiki stickers

Ecaterina Moraru (Valica)
We are starting to gather some proposals there.

We have 3 proposals for Standard category (A); 2 for Event category (B) and
12 for Original category (C).

I personally like A.1 and maybe have A.3 in the same style as A.1 (but have
the original logo). A.1 should just keep the url, since "Just us on" would
be hard to read.

On Sun, Jan 8, 2017 at 10:21 AM, Ludovic Dubost <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
> brainstorming
> > > rounds in the future as well.
> > >
> > > XWiki SAS is going to handle the printing of the logos around the end
> of
> > > this week or next week.
> > >
> > > We will come back with the results and you can come to FOSDEM at
> XWiki's
> > > booth to talk to us and grab some stickers to enjoy and share yourself
> ;)
> > >
> > > The plan is to eventually create a stickers page on xwiki.org where
> > > everybody can download and print XWiki stickers themselves. It should
> > > include both generally approved XWiki stickers but also community made
> > > ones.
> > >
> > > Looking forward to your ideas,
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Eduard

Re: [xwiki-devs] [Brainstorming] XWiki stickers

FTR, we've iterated with George (who did most of the work) and proposed
A.4.1-3, for the Standard category.

We are still waiting for proposals for the other categories, especially if
you have ideas about messages suited to explain/promote XWiki.

On Mon, Jan 9, 2017 at 4:08 PM, Ecaterina Moraru (Valica) <[hidden email]
> wrote:

> We are starting to gather some proposals there.
>
> We have 3 proposals for Standard category (A); 2 for Event category (B)
> and 12 for Original category (C).
>
> I personally like A.1 and maybe have A.3 in the same style as A.1 (but
> have the original logo). A.1 should just keep the url, since "Just us on"
> would be hard to read.
>
> Thanks,
> Caty
>
> On Sun, Jan 8, 2017 at 10:21 AM, Ludovic Dubost <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Le 8 janv. 2017 02:15, "Eduard Moraru" <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>>
>> I`ve added your attachments to the list of previews. They look a bit odd
>> (smaller, with some extra padding) as SVGs, but the browser seems to be
>> able to handle them now.
>>

>> I made then with inkscape on mac. I found the initial svg that I loaded
>> not
>> looking exactly as the PNG so there must be some compatibility issue
>>
>> Ludo
>>

>> Let`s see some more, including in the "Messages" section. We should have a
>> preview of how those stickers would look like. Will probably add one
>> around
>> Monday.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Eduard
>>
>> On Sun, Jan 8, 2017 at 1:31 AM, Ludovic Dubost <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> > Hi Edy,
>> >
>> > Great initiative ! I've put some ideas as SVGs attachment to the page
>> >
>> > http://design.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Proposal/XWikiSticker
>> s#Attachments
>> >
>> > Ludovic
>> >

>> > --
>> > *Ludovic Dubost*
>> > *Founder and CEO*
>> > [hidden email]
>> > skype: ldubost
>> > Blog: http://blog.ludovic.org

>> www.fosdem.org)
>> > invite
>> like*.

>> with
>> the
>> idea,
>> > etc.),
>> > there

>> reply

>> continue
>> > but

>> brainstorming

>> of

>> XWiki's
>> ;)

Re: [xwiki-devs] [Brainstorming] XWiki stickers

Eduard Moraru
I`ve also added 3 more to the page:
* Messages: http://design.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/download/Proposal/
XWikiStickers/xwiki-sticker-eduard-message.svg
* "My other wiki is open source": http://design.xwiki.org/xwiki/
bin/download/Proposal/XWikiStickers/xwiki-sticker-eduard-my-other-wiki.svg
* XWiki Cloud: http://design.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/download/Proposal/
XWikiStickers/xwiki-stickers-eduard-cloud.svg

Thanks,
Eduard

On Mon, Jan 9, 2017 at 5:32 PM, Ecaterina Moraru (Valica) <[hidden email]
> wrote:

> FTR, we've iterated with George (who did most of the work) and proposed
> A.4.1-3, for the Standard category.
>
> We are still waiting for proposals for the other categories, especially if
> you have ideas about messages suited to explain/promote XWiki.
>
> Thanks,
> Caty
>
> On Mon, Jan 9, 2017 at 4:08 PM, Ecaterina Moraru (Valica) <
> [hidden email]
> > wrote:
>
> > We are starting to gather some proposals there.
> >
> > We have 3 proposals for Standard category (A); 2 for Event category (B)
> > and 12 for Original category (C).
> >
> > I personally like A.1 and maybe have A.3 in the same style as A.1 (but
> > have the original logo). A.1 should just keep the url, since "Just us on"
> > would be hard to read.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Caty
> >
> > On Sun, Jan 8, 2017 at 10:21 AM, Ludovic Dubost <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> >> Le 8 janv. 2017 02:15, "Eduard Moraru" <[hidden email]> a écrit :
> >>
> >> I`ve added your attachments to the list of previews. They look a bit odd
> >> (smaller, with some extra padding) as SVGs, but the browser seems to be
> >> able to handle them now.
> >>

> >> I made then with inkscape on mac. I found the initial svg that I loaded
> >> not
> >> looking exactly as the PNG so there must be some compatibility issue
> >>
> >> Ludo
> >>

> >> Let`s see some more, including in the "Messages" section. We should
> have a
> >> preview of how those stickers would look like. Will probably add one
> >> around
> >> Monday.
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> Eduard

> >> s#Attachments

> >> www.fosdem.org)
> time
> >> like*.

> >> with
> >> the
> >> idea,
> out

> >> reply

> >> continue
> welcomed,

> >> brainstorming

> end
> >> of

> >> XWiki's
> yourself
> >> ;)

> should
> made

Re: [xwiki-devs] [Brainstorming] XWiki stickers

Eduard Moraru
Hi,

Reminder: Tomorrow is the last day to share your ideas for XWiki stickers
at http://design.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Proposal/XWikiStickers (before we
print the FOSDEM batch, that is).

Thanks,
Eduard