Broken link and error message

Tiago Rinck Caveden
Hello!

The link to the Watch Application in the first page of the Watch wiki seems
to be broken, look:
http://watch.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Applications/WatchApplication

By the way, has any of you ever seen the following error message:

java.lang.SecurityException: Blocked attempt to access interface '
http://whatsu
.ad2.ad.alcatel.com/xwiki%2Dtest/bin/download/WatchCode/GWT/watch.zip/',
which
s either not implemented by this servlet or which doesn't extend
RemoteService;
this is either misconfiguration or a hack attempt
        at
com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.RemoteServiceServlet.processCall(Remo
eServiceServlet.java:211)
        at
com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.RemoteServiceServlet.doPost(RemoteSer
iceServlet.java:167)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:709)

I'm trying to use the Watch application and that's what I get...

Tiago Rinck Caveden
http://caveden.multiply.com
Tiago Rinck Caveden
http://caveden.multiply.com

Re: Broken link and error message

Guillaume Lerouge
Hi Tiago,

The link to the Watch Application in the first page of the Watch wiki seems
> to be broken, look:
> http://watch.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Applications/WatchApplication

There was an issue with http://code.xwiki.org/ that has been feixed by now.
You can access the Watch Application page at :
http://code.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Applications/WatchApplication (it's up
again).

> <http://watch.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Applications/WatchApplication>

> By the way, has any of you ever seen the following error message:
>
> java.lang.SecurityException: Blocked attempt to access interface '
> http://whatsu
> .ad2.ad.alcatel.com/xwiki%2Dtest/bin/download/WatchCode/GWT/watch.zip/',
> which
> s either not implemented by this servlet or which doesn't extend
> RemoteService;
> this is either misconfiguration or a hack attempt
>        at
> com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.RemoteServiceServlet.processCall(Remo
> eServiceServlet.java:211)
>        at
> com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.RemoteServiceServlet.doPost(RemoteSer
> iceServlet.java:167)
>        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:709)
>        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)
>
> I'm trying to use the Watch application and that's what I get...

Never saw it before...

Guillaume

> Tiago Rinck Caveden
> http://caveden.multiply.com

Guillaume Lerouge
Product Manager - XWiki
Skype ID : wikibc
http://blog.xwiki.com/

Re: Broken link and error message

Jerome Velociter

See below

Tiago Rinck Caveden wrote:

> Hello!
>
> The link to the Watch Application in the first page of the Watch wiki seems
> to be broken, look:
> http://watch.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Applications/WatchApplication
>

> By the way, has any of you ever seen the following error message:
>
> java.lang.SecurityException: Blocked attempt to access interface '
> http://whatsu
> .ad2.ad.alcatel.com/xwiki%2Dtest/bin/download/WatchCode/GWT/watch.zip/',
> which
> s either not implemented by this servlet or which doesn't extend
> RemoteService;
> this is either misconfiguration or a hack attempt
>         at
> com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.RemoteServiceServlet.processCall(Remo
> eServiceServlet.java:211)
>         at
> com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.RemoteServiceServlet.doPost(RemoteSer
> iceServlet.java:167)
>         at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:709)
>         at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)
>
> I'm trying to use the Watch application and that's what I get...

Are you sure the watch application you installed on your wiki matches
your wiki version ?

What versions did you use ?

Regards,
Jerome.

Re: Broken link and error message

maxelcat
Hi

Am trying to import an xar file that is around 50Mb. I am running Jetty on a
local server. Firstly I had to increase the upload_maxsize but now it tells
me that "java heap space out of memory exception". I know I am supposed to
edit the start_xwiki.bat or start_xwiki.sh. I look in XWiki Enterprise and I
find jetty. But I can't find these files within Jetty but there is a
start.jar. Is this the one I want and if so how do I edit it

Thanks

Edward

Re: Broken link and error message

Jerome Velociter
Hello Edward,

Please, do not hijack other threads, this is a bad practice. Start a new
thread instead.
For your problem, the .sh or .bat is not in jetty/ but one level upper.
Or, you can use the JAVA_OPTS env variable, as an alternative to precise
the JVM memory allocated.

Regards,
Jerome.

Edward Laptop wrote:

> Hi
>
> Am trying to import an xar file that is around 50Mb. I am running Jetty on a
> local server. Firstly I had to increase the upload_maxsize but now it tells
> me that "java heap space out of memory exception". I know I am supposed to
> edit the start_xwiki.bat or start_xwiki.sh. I look in XWiki Enterprise and I
> find jetty. But I can't find these files within Jetty but there is a
> start.jar. Is this the one I want and if so how do I edit it
>
> Thanks
>
> Edward

Re: Java Heap

On Sep 1, 2008, at 10:18 PM, Edward Laptop wrote:

> APOLOGIES FOR ERROR IN SUBJECT LINE ON PREVIOUS POST

BTW the subject line is not the issue... Each email has a thread id so
even if you change the subject your reply will still be in the same
thread.

The solution is simply to create a new mail when you want to create
a .... new mail... :)

> Hi
>
> Am trying to import an xar file that is around 50Mb. I am running
> Jetty on a
> local server. Firstly I had to increase the upload_maxsize but now
> it tells
> me that "java heap space out of memory exception". I know I am
> supposed to
> edit the start_xwiki.bat or start_xwiki.sh. I look in XWiki
> Enterprise and I
> find jetty. But I can't find these files within Jetty but there is a
> start.jar. Is this the one I want and if so how do I edit it
>
> Thanks
>
> Edward

Re: Java Heap

Pavel-3
You definitely don't want to edit jar.

Instead, you'd want to find (or create?) batch file or shell script that you
use to launch jetty. There you can add or modify the Xmx parameter.
I haven't looked at XWiki for quite a while and can't be any more specific,
but from jetty perspective the point still stands: you find or create launch
script and modify java parameters as you need.

Pavel

On Mon, Sep 1, 2008 at 11:18 PM, Edward Laptop
<[hidden email]>wrote:

> APOLOGIES FOR ERROR IN SUBJECT LINE ON PREVIOUS POST
>
> Hi
>
> Am trying to import an xar file that is around 50Mb. I am running Jetty on
> local server. Firstly I had to increase the upload_maxsize but now it tells
> me that "java heap space out of memory exception". I know I am supposed to
> edit the start_xwiki.bat or start_xwiki.sh. I look in XWiki Enterprise and
> find jetty. But I can't find these files within Jetty but there is a
> start.jar. Is this the one I want and if so how do I edit it
>
> Thanks
>
> Edward

Re: Broken link and error message

Tiago Rinck Caveden
Hello Jerome,

On Mon, Sep 1, 2008 at 8:10 PM, Jerome Velociter <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Are you sure the watch application you installed on your wiki matches
> your wiki version ?
>
> What versions did you use ?

Well, I was testing in a build of my own, because I need this patch:
http://jira.xwiki.org/jira/browse/XWIKI-2571
(By the way, any chances of having it reviewed and applied? It's simple
stuff :) )

The version that it shows on the bottom of the page is "XWiki Enterprise
1.6-SNAPSHOT.${buildNumber}"
So I assume it's new, right?
It's not the most recent copy of the HEAD though. Last week I tried updating
it but I had some errors on the build, apparently some dependency problem in
the POM, some jar didn't have the "artifact-id" filled. I didn't investigate
much on that.

XWiki Watch version was 1.0.

I guess the versions should be compatible, shouldn't they?

Tiago Rinck Caveden
http://caveden.multiply.com
Tiago Rinck Caveden
http://caveden.multiply.com

Re: Broken link and error message

Sergiu Dumitriu-2
Tiago Rinck Caveden wrote:

> Hello Jerome,
>
> On Mon, Sep 1, 2008 at 8:10 PM, Jerome Velociter <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Are you sure the watch application you installed on your wiki matches
>> your wiki version ?
>>
>> What versions did you use ?
>

> Well, I was testing in a build of my own, because I need this patch:
> http://jira.xwiki.org/jira/browse/XWIKI-2571
> (By the way, any chances of having it reviewed and applied? It's simple
> stuff :) )

I commented on jira about this patch.

> The version that it shows on the bottom of the page is "XWiki Enterprise
> 1.6-SNAPSHOT.${buildNumber}"
> So I assume it's new, right?
> It's not the most recent copy of the HEAD though. Last week I tried updating
> it but I had some errors on the build, apparently some dependency problem in
> the POM, some jar didn't have the "artifact-id" filled. I didn't investigate
> much on that.

If you are trying to build on windows, then you should add -Pwindows on
the mvn command line.

http://purl.org/net/sergiu/

On Wed, Sep 3, 2008 at 1:19 AM, Sergiu Dumitriu <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I commented on jira about this patch.

I replied your comment. I just need some specification on the embed/object
tag thing so I can change the patch.

If you are trying to build on windows, then you should add -Pwindows on
> the mvn command line.

Oh... good to know it... :-)

Tiago Rinck Caveden
http://caveden.multiply.com
Tiago Rinck Caveden
http://caveden.multiply.com

Tiago Rinck Caveden wrote:

> Hello Jerome,
>
> On Mon, Sep 1, 2008 at 8:10 PM, Jerome Velociter <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>> Are you sure the watch application you installed on your wiki matches
>> your wiki version ?
>>
>> What versions did you use ?
>>

> Well, I was testing in a build of my own, because I need this patch:
> http://jira.xwiki.org/jira/browse/XWIKI-2571
> (By the way, any chances of having it reviewed and applied? It's simple
> stuff :) )
>
> The version that it shows on the bottom of the page is "XWiki Enterprise
> 1.6-SNAPSHOT.${buildNumber}"
> So I assume it's new, right?
> It's not the most recent copy of the HEAD though. Last week I tried updating
> it but I had some errors on the build, apparently some dependency problem in
> the POM, some jar didn't have the "artifact-id" filled. I didn't investigate
> much on that.
>
> XWiki Watch version was 1.0.
>
> I guess the versions should be compatible, shouldn't they?

Not really. XWiki 1.6 uses GWT 1.5. XWiki Watch 1.0 is based on XWiki
1.4, which uses GWT 1.4. The upgrade to 1.5 is not fully backward
compatible with GWT 1.4, so that's probably what causes your issue. The
alternative you have is to backport your patch in XWiki 1.5 (that is
still on GWT 1.4), and which branch is still supported (we are about to
delete the 1.4 one, if it's not done already).
You can find the branch here :
http://svn.xwiki.org/svnroot/xwiki/platform/core/branches/xwiki-core-1.5/
Using XWatch 1.0 on XWiki 1.5 branch should a priori not causes any
problem. If it does, you can build or download a snapshot of Watch 1.1,
this one being now based on XWiki 1.5

Hope this helps,
Regards,
Jerome.

Re: Broken link and error message

Tiago Rinck Caveden
Ok.

No problem then, I can wait for a compatible version.

Thank you.

On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 10:24 PM, Jerome Velociter <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Tiago Rinck Caveden wrote:
> > Hello Jerome,
> >
> > On Mon, Sep 1, 2008 at 8:10 PM, Jerome Velociter <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >

> >> Are you sure the watch application you installed on your wiki matches
> >> your wiki version ?
> >>
> >> What versions did you use ?
> >>

> > Well, I was testing in a build of my own, because I need this patch:
> > http://jira.xwiki.org/jira/browse/XWIKI-2571
> > (By the way, any chances of having it reviewed and applied? It's simple
> > stuff :) )
> >
> > The version that it shows on the bottom of the page is "XWiki Enterprise
> > 1.6-SNAPSHOT.${buildNumber}"
> > So I assume it's new, right?
> > It's not the most recent copy of the HEAD though. Last week I tried
> updating
> > it but I had some errors on the build, apparently some dependency problem
> in
> > the POM, some jar didn't have the "artifact-id" filled. I didn't
> investigate
> > much on that.
> >
> > XWiki Watch version was 1.0.
> >
> > I guess the versions should be compatible, shouldn't they?
> >
> Not really. XWiki 1.6 uses GWT 1.5. XWiki Watch 1.0 is based on XWiki
> 1.4, which uses GWT 1.4. The upgrade to 1.5 is not fully backward
> compatible with GWT 1.4, so that's probably what causes your issue. The
> alternative you have is to backport your patch in XWiki 1.5 (that is
> still on GWT 1.4), and which branch is still supported (we are about to
> delete the 1.4 one, if it's not done already).
> You can find the branch here :
> http://svn.xwiki.org/svnroot/xwiki/platform/core/branches/xwiki-core-1.5/
> Using XWatch 1.0 on XWiki 1.5 branch should a priori not causes any
> problem. If it does, you can build or download a snapshot of Watch 1.1,
> this one being now based on XWiki 1.5
>
> Hope this helps,
> Regards,
> Jerome.