Building/Installing XWiki Platform

mua rachmann
Hi there everyone,

I am trying to begin my adventure with xwiki and begin contributions. I
wish to build the xwiki platform but i ran into some errors.

- I have downloaded and installed maven 3.6.1
- I have java v8 and on Mac OS

Following the link Vincent provided here See
https://dev.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Community/Building/ When i run **mvn
clean install** i get the following error

MBP-de-MACBOOK:xwiki-platform rachmann$ mvn clean install
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[ERROR] [ERROR] Some problems were encountered while processing the POMs:
[FATAL] Non-resolvable parent POM for
org.xwiki.platform:xwiki-platform:11.2-SNAPSHOT: Could not find artifact
org.xwiki.commons:xwiki-commons-pom:pom:11.2-SNAPSHOT and
'parent.relativePath' points at no local POM @ line 23, column 11
 @
[ERROR] The build could not read 1 project -> [Help 1]
[ERROR]
[ERROR]   The project org.xwiki.platform:xwiki-platform:11.2-SNAPSHOT
(/Users/rachmann/Documents/open_source/xwiki-platform/pom.xml) has 1 error
[ERROR]     Non-resolvable parent POM for
org.xwiki.platform:xwiki-platform:11.2-SNAPSHOT: Could not find artifact
org.xwiki.commons:xwiki-commons-pom:pom:11.2-SNAPSHOT and
'parent.relativePath' points at no local POM @ line 23, column 11 -> [Help
2]
[ERROR]
[ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e
switch.
[ERROR]
please read the following articles:
[ERROR] [Help 1]
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/ProjectBuildingException
[ERROR] [Help 2]
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/UnresolvableModelException

Any help would be appreciated thanks

Regards,
Mua

Re: Building/Installing XWiki Platform

mua rachmann
From the error i see it kinna depends on this
https://github.com/xwiki/xwiki-commons i am correct? If so how can i edit
my pom.xml file
accordingly.

Regards

On Sun, May 5, 2019 at 6:39 AM Mua Rachmann <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi there everyone,
>
> I am trying to begin my adventure with xwiki and begin contributions. I
> wish to build the xwiki platform but i ran into some errors.
>
> - I have downloaded and installed maven 3.6.1
> - I have java v8 and on Mac OS
>
> Following the link Vincent provided here See
> https://dev.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Community/Building/ When i run **mvn
> clean install** i get the following error
>
> MBP-de-MACBOOK:xwiki-platform rachmann$ mvn clean install
> [INFO] Scanning for projects...
> [ERROR] [ERROR] Some problems were encountered while processing the POMs:
> [FATAL] Non-resolvable parent POM for
> org.xwiki.platform:xwiki-platform:11.2-SNAPSHOT: Could not find artifact
> org.xwiki.commons:xwiki-commons-pom:pom:11.2-SNAPSHOT and
> 'parent.relativePath' points at no local POM @ line 23, column 11
>  @
> [ERROR] The build could not read 1 project -> [Help 1]
> [ERROR]
> [ERROR]   The project org.xwiki.platform:xwiki-platform:11.2-SNAPSHOT
> (/Users/rachmann/Documents/open_source/xwiki-platform/pom.xml) has 1 error
> [ERROR]     Non-resolvable parent POM for
> org.xwiki.platform:xwiki-platform:11.2-SNAPSHOT: Could not find artifact
> org.xwiki.commons:xwiki-commons-pom:pom:11.2-SNAPSHOT and
> 'parent.relativePath' points at no local POM @ line 23, column 11 -> [Help
> 2]
> [ERROR]
> [ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the
> -e switch.
> [ERROR]
> [ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions,
> please read the following articles:
> [ERROR] [Help 1]
> http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/ProjectBuildingException
> [ERROR] [Help 2]
> http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/UnresolvableModelException
>
> Any help would be appreciated thanks
>
> Regards,
> Mua

Re: Building/Installing XWiki Platform

> On 5 May 2019, at 07:39, Mua Rachmann <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi there everyone,
>
> I am trying to begin my adventure with xwiki and begin contributions. I
> wish to build the xwiki platform but i ran into some errors.
>
> - I have downloaded and installed maven 3.6.1
> - I have java v8 and on Mac OS
>
> Following the link Vincent provided here See
> https://dev.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Community/Building/ When i run **mvn
> clean install** i get the following error
>
> MBP-de-MACBOOK:xwiki-platform rachmann$ mvn clean install
> [INFO] Scanning for projects...
> [ERROR] [ERROR] Some problems were encountered while processing the POMs:
> [FATAL] Non-resolvable parent POM for
> org.xwiki.platform:xwiki-platform:11.2-SNAPSHOT: Could not find artifact
> org.xwiki.commons:xwiki-commons-pom:pom:11.2-SNAPSHOT and
> 'parent.relativePath' points at no local POM @ line 23, column 11

Why are you building 11.2-SNAPSHOT? Master is 11.4-SNAPSHOT. Old snapshots may no longer exist in our remote maven repo. In that case you’ll need to build all the requires dependencies yourself manually.

Also are you sure you followed https://dev.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Community/Building/ and add the xwiki remote maven repo to your settings.xml?

> @
> [ERROR] The build could not read 1 project -> [Help 1]
> [ERROR]
> [ERROR]   The project org.xwiki.platform:xwiki-platform:11.2-SNAPSHOT
> (/Users/rachmann/Documents/open_source/xwiki-platform/pom.xml) has 1 error
> [ERROR]     Non-resolvable parent POM for
> org.xwiki.platform:xwiki-platform:11.2-SNAPSHOT: Could not find artifact
> org.xwiki.commons:xwiki-commons-pom:pom:11.2-SNAPSHOT and
> 'parent.relativePath' points at no local POM @ line 23, column 11 -> [Help
> 2]
> [ERROR]
> [ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e
> switch.
> [ERROR]
> [ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions,
> please read the following articles:
> [ERROR] [Help 1]
> http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/ProjectBuildingException
> [ERROR] [Help 2]
> http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/UnresolvableModelException
>
> Any help would be appreciated thanks
>
> Regards,
> Mua

Re: Building/Installing XWiki Platform

> On 5 May 2019, at 07:42, Mua Rachmann <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> From the error i see it kinna depends on this
> https://github.com/xwiki/xwiki-commons i am correct?

Correct.

> If so how can i edit
> my pom.xml file
> accordingly.

Why would you want to edit some pom.xml file?

> Regards
>
> On Sun, May 5, 2019 at 6:39 AM Mua Rachmann <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi there everyone,
>>
>> I am trying to begin my adventure with xwiki and begin contributions. I
>> wish to build the xwiki platform but i ran into some errors.
>>
>> - I have downloaded and installed maven 3.6.1
>> - I have java v8 and on Mac OS
>>
>> Following the link Vincent provided here See
>> https://dev.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Community/Building/ When i run **mvn
>> clean install** i get the following error
>>
>> MBP-de-MACBOOK:xwiki-platform rachmann$ mvn clean install
>> [INFO] Scanning for projects...
>> [ERROR] [ERROR] Some problems were encountered while processing the POMs:
>> [FATAL] Non-resolvable parent POM for
>> org.xwiki.platform:xwiki-platform:11.2-SNAPSHOT: Could not find artifact
>> org.xwiki.commons:xwiki-commons-pom:pom:11.2-SNAPSHOT and
>> 'parent.relativePath' points at no local POM @ line 23, column 11
>> @
>> [ERROR] The build could not read 1 project -> [Help 1]
>> [ERROR]
>> [ERROR]   The project org.xwiki.platform:xwiki-platform:11.2-SNAPSHOT
>> (/Users/rachmann/Documents/open_source/xwiki-platform/pom.xml) has 1 error
>> [ERROR]     Non-resolvable parent POM for
>> org.xwiki.platform:xwiki-platform:11.2-SNAPSHOT: Could not find artifact
>> org.xwiki.commons:xwiki-commons-pom:pom:11.2-SNAPSHOT and
>> 'parent.relativePath' points at no local POM @ line 23, column 11 -> [Help
>> 2]
>> [ERROR]
>> [ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the
>> -e switch.
>> [ERROR] Re-run Maven using the -X switch to enable full debug logging.
>> [ERROR]
>> [ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions,
>> please read the following articles:
>> [ERROR] [Help 1]
>> http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/ProjectBuildingException
>> [ERROR] [Help 2]
>> http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/UnresolvableModelException
>>
>> Any help would be appreciated thanks
>>
>> Regards,
>> Mua

Re: Building/Installing XWiki Platform

mua rachmann
Sorry, my fault. I didn't pull the latest changes.

I just did a fetch/merge from upstream master and the spanshot is 11.4.
It's downloading and building now. Its taking really long.
Is that how it is?

 Thanks very much

On Sun, May 5, 2019 at 8:12 PM Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:

> > On 5 May 2019, at 07:42, Mua Rachmann <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > From the error i see it kinna depends on this
> > https://github.com/xwiki/xwiki-commons i am correct?
>
> Correct.
>
> > If so how can i edit
> > my pom.xml file
> > accordingly.
>
> Why would you want to edit some pom.xml file?

> > Regards
> >
> > On Sun, May 5, 2019 at 6:39 AM Mua Rachmann <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi there everyone,
> >>
> >> I am trying to begin my adventure with xwiki and begin contributions. I
> >> wish to build the xwiki platform but i ran into some errors.
> >>
> >> - I have downloaded and installed maven 3.6.1
> >> - I have java v8 and on Mac OS
> >>
> >> Following the link Vincent provided here See
> >> https://dev.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Community/Building/ When i run
> **mvn
> >> clean install** i get the following error
> >>
> >> MBP-de-MACBOOK:xwiki-platform rachmann$ mvn clean install
> >> [INFO] Scanning for projects...
> >> [ERROR] [ERROR] Some problems were encountered while processing the
> POMs:
> >> [FATAL] Non-resolvable parent POM for
> >> org.xwiki.platform:xwiki-platform:11.2-SNAPSHOT: Could not find artifact
> >> org.xwiki.commons:xwiki-commons-pom:pom:11.2-SNAPSHOT and
> >> 'parent.relativePath' points at no local POM @ line 23, column 11
> >> @
> >> [ERROR] The build could not read 1 project -> [Help 1]
> >> [ERROR]
> >> [ERROR]   The project org.xwiki.platform:xwiki-platform:11.2-SNAPSHOT
> >> (/Users/rachmann/Documents/open_source/xwiki-platform/pom.xml) has 1
> error
> >> [ERROR]     Non-resolvable parent POM for
> >> org.xwiki.platform:xwiki-platform:11.2-SNAPSHOT: Could not find artifact
> >> org.xwiki.commons:xwiki-commons-pom:pom:11.2-SNAPSHOT and
> >> 'parent.relativePath' points at no local POM @ line 23, column 11 ->
> [Help
> >> 2]
> >> [ERROR]
> >> [ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the
> >> -e switch.
> >> [ERROR] Re-run Maven using the -X switch to enable full debug logging.
> >> [ERROR]
> >> [ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions,
> >> please read the following articles:
> >> [ERROR] [Help 1]
> >>
> http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/ProjectBuildingException
> >> [ERROR] [Help 2]
> >>
> http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/UnresolvableModelException
> >>
> >> Any help would be appreciated thanks
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >> Mua

Re: Building/Installing XWiki Platform

Building the whole xwiki-platform is very long yes (it's huge) but
it's not something you do often. Generally you build only the
sub-modules you are working on and let Maven take care of downloading
snapshots (built by https://ci.xwiki.org) for other platform modules.

On Mon, May 6, 2019 at 3:51 PM Mua Rachmann <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Sorry, my fault. I didn't pull the latest changes.
>
> I just did a fetch/merge from upstream master and the spanshot is 11.4.
> It's downloading and building now. Its taking really long.
> Is that how it is?
>
>  Thanks very much
>
> On Sun, May 5, 2019 at 8:12 PM Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> > > On 5 May 2019, at 07:42, Mua Rachmann <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > >
> > > From the error i see it kinna depends on this
> > > https://github.com/xwiki/xwiki-commons i am correct?
> >
> > Correct.
> >
> > > If so how can i edit
> > > my pom.xml file
> > > accordingly.
> >
> > Why would you want to edit some pom.xml file?

> > > Regards

> > **mvn

> > POMs:
> > error
> > [Help
> > >>
> > http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/ProjectBuildingException
> > >>
> > http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/UnresolvableModelException

Re: Building/Installing XWiki Platform

mua rachmann
I see. Since yesterday it kept downloading and my internet bundle got
finished even.

I will  see which submodule the to get started with. Thanks for your help.

On Mon, May 6, 2019 at 2:55 PM Thomas Mortagne <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Building the whole xwiki-platform is very long yes (it's huge) but
> it's not something you do often. Generally you build only the
> sub-modules you are working on and let Maven take care of downloading
> snapshots (built by https://ci.xwiki.org) for other platform modules.
>
> On Mon, May 6, 2019 at 3:51 PM Mua Rachmann <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Sorry, my fault. I didn't pull the latest changes.
> >
> > I just did a fetch/merge from upstream master and the spanshot is 11.4.
> > It's downloading and building now. Its taking really long.
> > Is that how it is?
> >
> >  Thanks very much

> > > Correct.

> > > Why would you want to edit some pom.xml file?
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > > -Vincent

> contributions. I

> > > **mvn

> > > POMs:
> artifact
> org.xwiki.platform:xwiki-platform:11.2-SNAPSHOT
> > > error
> artifact
> > > [Help
> with the
> logging.
> solutions,
> > > >>

> http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/ProjectBuildingException
> > > >>

> http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/UnresolvableModelException

Re: Building/Installing XWiki Platform

mua rachmann
Hey Vincent, Thomas.

I just wish to know. I know just plain Java. Of late i have heard of spring
framework, j2ee and jboss etc that are being used to build
robust enterprise applications. Is any of these used in xwiki?

I wish to enhance my Java skills. Currently i am learning spring. I won't
mind learning the technologies used in the xwiki if necessary.

Thanks. Sorry if i am bugging a little. :)

On Mon, May 6, 2019 at 3:13 PM Mua Rachmann <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I see. Since yesterday it kept downloading and my internet bundle got
> finished even.
>
> I will  see which submodule the to get started with. Thanks for your help.
>
> On Mon, May 6, 2019 at 2:55 PM Thomas Mortagne <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> Building the whole xwiki-platform is very long yes (it's huge) but
>> it's not something you do often. Generally you build only the
>> sub-modules you are working on and let Maven take care of downloading
>> snapshots (built by https://ci.xwiki.org) for other platform modules.
>>
>> On Mon, May 6, 2019 at 3:51 PM Mua Rachmann <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>> >
>> > Sorry, my fault. I didn't pull the latest changes.
>> >
>> > I just did a fetch/merge from upstream master and the spanshot is 11.4.
>> > It's downloading and building now. Its taking really long.
>> > Is that how it is?
>> >
>> >  Thanks very much

>> contributions. I

>> run

>> artifact
>> org.xwiki.platform:xwiki-platform:11.2-SNAPSHOT
>> 1
>> artifact
>> ->
>> with the
>> logging.
>> solutions,
>> > > >>

>> http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/ProjectBuildingException
>> > > >>

>> http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/UnresolvableModelException

>> --
>> Thomas Mortagne

Re: Building/Installing XWiki Platform

Hi Mua,

> On 6 May 2019, at 16:30, Mua Rachmann <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hey Vincent, Thomas.
>
> I just wish to know. I know just plain Java. Of late i have heard of spring
> framework, j2ee and jboss etc that are being used to build
> robust enterprise applications. Is any of these used in xwiki?

XWiki is web app. So we use the Servlet part of the J2EE spec, and a servlet container (tomcat, jboss, etc).

We don’t use Spring.

See https://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Documentation/DevGuide/Architecture/

Thanks
-vincent

> I wish to enhance my Java skills. Currently i am learning spring. I won't
> mind learning the technologies used in the xwiki if necessary.
>
> Thanks. Sorry if i am bugging a little. :)
>
> On Mon, May 6, 2019 at 3:13 PM Mua Rachmann <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> I see. Since yesterday it kept downloading and my internet bundle got
>> finished even.
>>
>> I will  see which submodule the to get started with. Thanks for your help.
>>
>> On Mon, May 6, 2019 at 2:55 PM Thomas Mortagne <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Building the whole xwiki-platform is very long yes (it's huge) but
>>> it's not something you do often. Generally you build only the
>>> sub-modules you are working on and let Maven take care of downloading
>>> snapshots (built by https://ci.xwiki.org) for other platform modules.

>>> contributions. I

>>> run

>>> artifact
>>> org.xwiki.platform:xwiki-platform:11.2-SNAPSHOT
>>> 1
>>> artifact
>>> ->
>>> with the
>>> logging.
>>> solutions,
>>>>>>>

>>> http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/ProjectBuildingException
>>>>>>>

>>> http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/UnresolvableModelException

>>> --
>>> Thomas Mortagne

Re: Building/Installing XWiki Platform

mua rachmann
Hi Thomas, Vicent

I signed up for jira and i am very much interested in the
xwiki-platform-rendering project. I have been trying to build it since and
it still keeps
downloading.

What i did.
- Cloned the fork of my repo
- cd into xwiki-platform-core/xwiki-platform-rendering/
- ran mvn clean install

I get the following error log

[INFO] --- maven-enforcer-plugin:1.4.1:enforce (enforce-upper-bounds) @
xwiki-platform-rendering-async-default ---
[INFO] artifact io.sf.jclf:jclf: checking for updates from xwiki-releases
[INFO] artifact io.sf.jclf:jclf: checking for updates from central
[WARNING] Rule 0: org.apache.maven.plugins.enforcer.RequireUpperBoundDeps
failed with message:
Failed while enforcing RequireUpperBoundDeps. The error(s) are [
Require upper bound dependencies error for joda-time:joda-time:2.10.1 paths
to dependency are:
+-org.xwiki.platform:xwiki-platform-rendering-async-default:11.4-SNAPSHOT
  +-org.xwiki.platform:xwiki-platform-oldcore:11.4-SNAPSHOT
    +-joda-time:joda-time:2.10.1 (managed) <-- joda-time:joda-time:2.10.2
and
+-org.xwiki.platform:xwiki-platform-rendering-async-default:11.4-SNAPSHOT
  +-org.xwiki.platform:xwiki-platform-oldcore:11.4-SNAPSHOT
    +-org.xwiki.platform:xwiki-platform-office-importer:11.4-SNAPSHOT
      +-org.xwiki.platform:xwiki-platform-tika-parsers:11.4-SNAPSHOT
        +-org.apache.tika:tika-parsers:1.20
          +-edu.ucar:cdm:4.5.5
            +-joda-time:joda-time:2.10.1 (managed) <--
joda-time:joda-time:2.2
and
+-org.xwiki.platform:xwiki-platform-rendering-async-default:11.4-SNAPSHOT
  +-org.xwiki.platform:xwiki-platform-oldcore:11.4-SNAPSHOT
    +-org.xwiki.platform:xwiki-platform-office-importer:11.4-SNAPSHOT
      +-org.xwiki.platform:xwiki-platform-tika-parsers:11.4-SNAPSHOT
        +-org.apache.tika:tika-parsers:1.20
          +-edu.ucar:cdm:4.5.5
            +-edu.ucar:udunits:4.5.5
              +-joda-time:joda-time:2.10.1 (managed) <--
joda-time:joda-time:2.2
]
[INFO]
[INFO] Reactor Summary for XWiki Platform - Rendering - Parent POM
11.4-SNAPSHOT:
[INFO]
[INFO] XWiki Platform - Rendering - Parent POM ............ SUCCESS [01:31
min]
[INFO] XWiki Platform - Rendering - Async - Parent POM .... SUCCESS [
9.470 s]
[INFO] XWiki Platform - Rendering - Async - API ........... SUCCESS [01:21
min]
[INFO] XWiki Platform - Rendering - Async - Default ....... FAILURE [03:22
min]
[INFO] XWiki Platform - Rendering - Configuration - Parent POM SKIPPED
[INFO] XWiki Platform - Rendering - Configuration - API ... SKIPPED
[INFO] XWiki Platform - Rendering - Configuration - Implementation SKIPPED
[INFO] XWiki Platform - Rendering - Signature ............. SKIPPED
[INFO] XWiki Platform - Rendering - Macros - Parent POM ... SKIPPED
[INFO] XWiki Platform - Rendering - Macro - Script ........ SKIPPED
[INFO] XWiki Platform - Rendering - Macro - Groovy ........ SKIPPED
[INFO] XWiki Platform - Rendering - Transformations - Parent POM SKIPPED
[INFO] XWiki Platform - Rendering - Transformations - API . SKIPPED
[INFO] XWiki Platform - Rendering - Macro - Velocity ...... SKIPPED
[INFO] XWiki Platform - Rendering - Macro - Cache ......... SKIPPED
[INFO] XWiki Platform - Rendering - Macro - Code .......... SKIPPED
[INFO] XWiki Platform - Rendering - Macro - Container ..... SKIPPED
[INFO] XWiki Platform - Rendering - Transformations - Macro SKIPPED
[INFO] XWiki Platform - Rendering - Macro - Context ....... SKIPPED
[INFO] XWiki Platform - Rendering - Macro - Gallery ....... SKIPPED
[INFO] XWiki Platform - Rendering - Macro - Include ....... SKIPPED
[INFO] XWiki Platform - Rendering - Macro - Python ........ SKIPPED
[INFO] XWiki Platform - Rendering - Macro - RSS ........... SKIPPED
[INFO] XWiki Platform - Rendering - Macro - User Avatar ... SKIPPED
[INFO] XWiki Platform - Rendering - Parser ................ SKIPPED
[INFO] XWiki Platform - Rendering - Transformations - Icon  SKIPPED
[INFO] XWiki Platform - Rendering - XWiki-specific Implementation SKIPPED
[INFO] XWiki Platform - Rendering - UI .................... SKIPPED
[INFO] XWiki Platform - Rendering - Wiki Macro Bridge ..... SKIPPED
[INFO] XWiki Platform - Rendering - Wiki Macro Bridge - API SKIPPED
[INFO] XWiki Platform - Rendering - Wiki Macro Bridge - Store SKIPPED
[INFO]
[INFO] BUILD FAILURE
[INFO]
[INFO] Total time:  06:49 min
[INFO] Finished at: 2019-05-14T18:17:04+01:00
[INFO]
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-enforcer-plugin:1.4.1:enforce
(enforce-upper-bounds) on project xwiki-platform-rendering-async-default:
Some Enforcer rules have failed. Look above for specific messages
explaining why the rule failed. -> [Help 1]
[ERROR]
[ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e
switch.
[ERROR]
please read the following articles:
[ERROR] [Help 1]
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/MojoExecutionException
[ERROR]
[ERROR] After correcting the problems, you can resume the build with the
command
[ERROR]   mvn <goals> -rf :xwiki-platform-rendering-async-default
MacBook-Pro-de-MACBOOK:xwiki-platform-rendering rachmann$

wrote:

> Building the whole xwiki-platform is very long yes (it's huge) but
> it's not something you do often. Generally you build only the
> sub-modules you are working on and let Maven take care of downloading
> snapshots (built by https://ci.xwiki.org) for other platform modules.
>
> On Mon, May 6, 2019 at 3:51 PM Mua Rachmann <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Sorry, my fault. I didn't pull the latest changes.
> >
> > I just did a fetch/merge from upstream master and the spanshot is 11.4.
> > It's downloading and building now. Its taking really long.
> > Is that how it is?
> >
> >  Thanks very much

> > > Correct.

> > > Why would you want to edit some pom.xml file?
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > > -Vincent

> contributions. I

> > > **mvn

> > > POMs:
> artifact
> org.xwiki.platform:xwiki-platform:11.2-SNAPSHOT
> > > error
> artifact
> > > [Help
> with the
> logging.
> solutions,
> > > >>

> http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/ProjectBuildingException
> > > >>

> http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/UnresolvableModelException

Re: Building/Installing XWiki Platform

Looks like your local clone of xwiki-platform has version 2.10.1 of
Joda Time (which was just upgraded) in the root pom. You should make
sure to git pull and build again with -U.

On Tue, May 14, 2019 at 7:19 PM Mua Rachmann <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
> Mua
>

> On Mon, May 6, 2019 at 2:55 PM Thomas Mortagne <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Building the whole xwiki-platform is very long yes (it's huge) but
> > it's not something you do often. Generally you build only the
> > sub-modules you are working on and let Maven take care of downloading
> > snapshots (built by https://ci.xwiki.org) for other platform modules.
> >
> > On Mon, May 6, 2019 at 3:51 PM Mua Rachmann <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > >
> > > Sorry, my fault. I didn't pull the latest changes.
> > >
> > > I just did a fetch/merge from upstream master and the spanshot is 11.4.
> > > It's downloading and building now. Its taking really long.
> > > Is that how it is?
> > >
> > >  Thanks very much

> > contributions. I

> > artifact
> > org.xwiki.platform:xwiki-platform:11.2-SNAPSHOT

Just to give you an update and I am a little frustrated since i got the
codebase. I haven't been able to
get it running. I switched to the rendering submodule to build and it is
still taking forever to download the dependencies and stuffs.

How long can be the waiting time? I feel like i am not doing something
right sadly.
Do i keep waiting for the downloads to finish? cause its been a while it is
still downloading

Regards,
Mua

On Wed, May 15, 2019, 07:58 Thomas Mortagne <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> [...]
> > MacBook-Pro-de-MACBOOK:xwiki-platform-rendering rachmann$
> >
> > Any help would be appreciated thanks.
> > Mua
> >

> > On Mon, May 6, 2019 at 2:55 PM Thomas Mortagne <
> [hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Building the whole xwiki-platform is very long yes (it's huge) but
> > > it's not something you do often. Generally you build only the
> > > sub-modules you are working on and let Maven take care of downloading
> > > snapshots (built by https://ci.xwiki.org) for other platform modules.

> 11.4.

> [hidden email]>

> > > contributions. I

> i run

> the
> > > artifact
> 11
> > > org.xwiki.platform:xwiki-platform:11.2-SNAPSHOT

The very first build does download a lot of stuff yes. Following
builds are a lot faster, Maven only automatically refresh SNAPSHOT
dependencies only every day but you can cancel that with -o if you
know you want to use only local stuff.

On Thu, May 16, 2019 at 11:45 AM Mua Rachmann <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
> > > [ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the
> > -e
> > > switch.
> > > [ERROR] Re-run Maven using the -X switch to enable full debug logging.
> > > [ERROR]
> > > [ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions,
> > > please read the following articles:
> > > [ERROR] [Help 1]
> > > http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/MojoExecutionException
> > > [ERROR]
> > > [ERROR] After correcting the problems, you can resume the build with the
> > > command
> > > [ERROR]   mvn <goals> -rf :xwiki-platform-rendering-async-default
> > > MacBook-Pro-de-MACBOOK:xwiki-platform-rendering rachmann$
> > >
> > > Any help would be appreciated thanks.
> > > Mua
> > >

> > > On Mon, May 6, 2019 at 2:55 PM Thomas Mortagne <

Okay i will wait again. The rendering sub-module succeeded in building.
How can i test that. I think i will just be patient and build the whole
wiki so that i get along
smoothly.

Also i get things like
[INFO] --------------< org.xwiki.platform:xwiki-platform-model
>---------------
[INFO] Building XWiki Platform - Model 11.4-SNAPSHOT
[8/400]
[INFO] --------------------------------[ jar
]---------------------------------

Currently i am at 164/400

Is that the progress of the download. Just want to know so i know its going
well
Thanks for your replies.

On Thu, May 16, 2019 at 11:34 AM Thomas Mortagne <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> [...]
> column
> > > 11
> > > > > > > >>
> (/Users/rachmann/Documents/open_source/xwiki-platform/pom.xml)
> > > has 1
> find
> column
> > > 11 ->
> Maven
> debug
> > > > > > > >>

> http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/ProjectBuildingException
> > > > > > > >>

> http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/UnresolvableModelException

> > > --
> > > Thomas Mortagne

Re: Building/Installing XWiki Platform

Hi Mua,

> On 16 May 2019, at 12:46, Mua Rachmann <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Okay i will wait again. The rendering sub-module succeeded in building.
> How can i test that. I think i will just be patient and build the whole

Note: You don’t need to build xwiki-rendering at all.

You just need to build the modules in which you make changes. The deps will be downloaded.