Building directly to a specific database (MySQL in the case)

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Building directly to a specific database (MySQL in the case)

Tiago Rinck Caveden
Hello!

This is a beginner question, sorry if it's documented somewhere but I didn't
find it.
I've read the documentation available at
http://dev.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Community/Building#HBuildingforaspecificdatabase,
made the configuration as suggested (changing the .m2/settings.xml file) and
executed mvn install -Pmysql, but in the end, my hibernate.cfg.xml (inside
xwiki-product-enterprise/web/target/xwiki-enterprise-web-1.4-SNAPSHOT/WEB-INF/)
had still the MySQL section commented. I've also noted that the
mysql-connector jar is not at the lib dir after the build.

Isn't there a way to build the application for mysql and have it ready to
run without any intervention? (changing and adding files) If there is, what
am I missing?

(By the way, is this the proper list for such a question or should I have
mailed this to the users list?)

Thank you very much,
--
Tiago Rinck Caveden
http://caveden.multiply.com
_______________________________________________
devs mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.xwiki.org/mailman/listinfo/devs
Tiago Rinck Caveden
http://caveden.multiply.com
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Building directly to a specific database (MySQL in the case)

Thomas Mortagne
Administrator
Hi,

Databases profiles are not applyed to xwiki-product-enterprise/web but
to xwiki-product-enterprise/distribution/<databasename> which include
web+database+jetty.

On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 6:21 PM, Tiago Rinck Caveden <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello!
>
>  This is a beginner question, sorry if it's documented somewhere but I didn't
>  find it.
>  I've read the documentation available at
>  http://dev.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Community/Building#HBuildingforaspecificdatabase,
>  made the configuration as suggested (changing the .m2/settings.xml file) and
>  executed mvn install -Pmysql, but in the end, my hibernate.cfg.xml (inside
>  xwiki-product-enterprise/web/target/xwiki-enterprise-web-1.4-SNAPSHOT/WEB-INF/)
>  had still the MySQL section commented. I've also noted that the
>  mysql-connector jar is not at the lib dir after the build.
>
>  Isn't there a way to build the application for mysql and have it ready to
>  run without any intervention? (changing and adding files) If there is, what
>  am I missing?
>
>  (By the way, is this the proper list for such a question or should I have
>  mailed this to the users list?)
>
>  Thank you very much,
>  --
>  Tiago Rinck Caveden
>  http://caveden.multiply.com
>  _______________________________________________
>  devs mailing list
>  [hidden email]
>  http://lists.xwiki.org/mailman/listinfo/devs
>



--
Thomas Mortagne
_______________________________________________
devs mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.xwiki.org/mailman/listinfo/devs
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Building directly to a specific database (MySQL in the case)

Tiago Rinck Caveden
On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 7:38 PM, Thomas Mortagne <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Databases profiles are not applyed to xwiki-product-enterprise/web but
> to xwiki-product-enterprise/distribution/<databasename> which include
> web+database+jetty.


Thank you for the quick answer.
I've extracted the zip I've found there and pointed the dir to my tomcat,
everything worked fine.
What triggers my curiosity in fact... because I took a look at the
WEB-INF/hibernate.cfg.xml file and the MySQL section remains commented...
how come? Where is it getting the configuration from?

Thanks,
--
Tiago Rinck Caveden
http://caveden.multiply.com
_______________________________________________
devs mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.xwiki.org/mailman/listinfo/devs
Tiago Rinck Caveden
http://caveden.multiply.com
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Building directly to a specific database (MySQL in the case)

Sergiu Dumitriu-2
Tiago Rinck Caveden wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 7:38 PM, Thomas Mortagne <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Databases profiles are not applyed to xwiki-product-enterprise/web but
>> to xwiki-product-enterprise/distribution/<databasename> which include
>> web+database+jetty.
>
>
> Thank you for the quick answer.
> I've extracted the zip I've found there and pointed the dir to my tomcat,
> everything worked fine.
> What triggers my curiosity in fact... because I took a look at the
> WEB-INF/hibernate.cfg.xml file and the MySQL section remains commented...
> how come? Where is it getting the configuration from?

The commented sections are for documentation/example purposes. If you
look in the file, at the start there is something not commented, which
should be equal to the commented mysql section.
--
Sergiu Dumitriu
http://purl.org/net/sergiu/
_______________________________________________
devs mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.xwiki.org/mailman/listinfo/devs
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

(no subject)

Pramit Kumar
Hi dev,
        I took the database backup and Xwiki backup from the existing
system to the new
System but its working fine but whenever I restart my tomcat server the
version of Xwiki Changes from new
Version to old version.

Thanks
Pramit

             


*********************************************************************************************************************************************
This e-mail communication and any attachments may be privileged and confidential to Hexaware and are intended only for the
use of the recipients named above. If you are not the intended recipient, please do not review, disclose, disseminate,
distribute or copy this e-mail and attachments. If you have received this email in error, please delete the same alongwith
all attachments thereto and notify us immediately at [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>.
*********************************************************************************************************************************************

_______________________________________________
devs mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.xwiki.org/mailman/listinfo/devs
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Xwiki Changed from new Version to old version.

Pramit Kumar


Hi dev,
        I took the database backup and Xwiki backup from the existing
system to the new
System but its working fine but whenever I restart my tomcat server the
version of Xwiki Changes from new
Version to old version.

Thanks
Pramit

             


*********************************************************************************************************************************************
This e-mail communication and any attachments may be privileged and confidential to Hexaware and are intended only for the
use of the recipients named above. If you are not the intended recipient, please do not review, disclose, disseminate,
distribute or copy this e-mail and attachments. If you have received this email in error, please delete the same alongwith
all attachments thereto and notify us immediately at [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>.
*********************************************************************************************************************************************

_______________________________________________
devs mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.xwiki.org/mailman/listinfo/devs