CKEditor for Inline Mode

Jesse Bright
I am combining structured and unstructured data on a single edit sheet. The editing mode is accessed by the user from a standard LiveTable actions button. The unstructured data is the page content which is included in the edit sheet using:

{{html}}$xwiki.getTextArea($tdoc.content){{/html}}

Which I got from this post: http://xwiki.475771.n2.nabble.com/Default-editing-mode-for-page-with-object-sheet-td7582541.html#a7582544 <http://xwiki.475771.n2.nabble.com/Default-editing-mode-for-page-with-object-sheet-td7582541.html#a7582544>

This all works well enough except that the class properties use CKEditor but the textarea uses the wiki editor. I want the users to enter the unstructured data using the familiar CKEditor interface and tools. How can I get both the unstructured and structured data to use the same editor?

Regards,

Jesse

Re: CKEditor for Inline Mode

Marius Dumitru Florea
Hi Jesse,

On Fri, Feb 10, 2017 at 7:21 PM, [hidden email] <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> I am combining structured and unstructured data on a single edit sheet.
> The editing mode is accessed by the user from a standard LiveTable actions
> button. The unstructured data is the page content which is included in the
> edit sheet using:
>
> {{html}}$xwiki.getTextArea($tdoc.content){{/html}}
>
> Which I got from this post: http://xwiki.475771.n2.nabble.
> com/Default-editing-mode-for-page-with-object-sheet-
> td7582541.html#a7582544 <http://xwiki.475771.n2.
> nabble.com/Default-editing-mode-for-page-with-object-
> sheet-td7582541.html#a7582544>
>
> This all works well enough except that the class properties use CKEditor
> but the textarea uses the wiki editor. I want the users to enter the
> unstructured data using the familiar CKEditor interface and tools. How can
> I get both the unstructured and structured data to use the same editor?

There's more information in that post, after the code you pasted: "For a
more advanced display see ...' followed by a link. So checkout
https://github.com/xwiki/xwiki-platform/blob/master/xwiki-platform-core/xwiki-platform-appwithinminutes/xwiki-platform-appwithinminutes-ui/src/main/resources/AppWithinMinutes/Content.xml#L69
.

Hope this helps,
Marius

> Regards,
>
> Jesse

Re: CKEditor for Inline Mode

Jesse Bright
It appears I misspoke earlier. I was so focused on the content box that I didn't notice that the CKEditor boxes for the class properties were blank and not selectable. I tested this issue in multiple browsers and it affects Internet Explorer and Safari but works as expected in Chrome. Is this a bug or have I misconfigured something?

Regards,

Jesse

> On Feb 13, 2017, at 4:39 AM, Marius Dumitru Florea <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Jesse,
>
> On Fri, Feb 10, 2017 at 7:21 PM, [hidden email] <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> I am combining structured and unstructured data on a single edit sheet.
>> The editing mode is accessed by the user from a standard LiveTable actions
>> button. The unstructured data is the page content which is included in the
>> edit sheet using:
>>
>> {{html}}$xwiki.getTextArea($tdoc.content){{/html}}
>>
>> Which I got from this post: http://xwiki.475771.n2.nabble.
>> com/Default-editing-mode-for-page-with-object-sheet-
>> td7582541.html#a7582544 <http://xwiki.475771.n2.
>> nabble.com/Default-editing-mode-for-page-with-object-
>> sheet-td7582541.html#a7582544>
>>
>> This all works well enough except that the class properties use CKEditor
>> but the textarea uses the wiki editor. I want the users to enter the
>> unstructured data using the familiar CKEditor interface and tools. How can
>> I get both the unstructured and structured data to use the same editor?
>>

> There's more information in that post, after the code you pasted: "For a
> more advanced display see ...' followed by a link. So checkout
> https://github.com/xwiki/xwiki-platform/blob/master/xwiki-platform-core/xwiki-platform-appwithinminutes/xwiki-platform-appwithinminutes-ui/src/main/resources/AppWithinMinutes/Content.xml#L69
> .
>
> Hope this helps,
> Marius
>

>> Regards,
>>
>> Jesse

Re: CKEditor for Inline Mode

Jesse Bright
I looked at the browser dev tools when in edit mode I get the following error:

SyntaxError (DOM Exception 12): The string did not match the expected pattern.

The error details reference line 2914 in the ‘creditor.js’ file:

2912   findOne: function(a) {
2913                  var c = e(this);
2914                  a = this.$.querySelector(b(this, a));
2915                  c();
2916                  return a ? new CKEDITOR.dom.element(a) : null
2917   },

Hopefully this is helpful information. If there is a better information I can provide please let me know and I will do my best.

Regards,

Jesse