Calendar in Home Page

Campbell, Timothy D
Hi All,

I am a user who is developing an xwiki for my research team. I am faced with two tasks that I am baffled by and I did research on the site and still can not find it. I need to put rights on the topmenuheader (meaning only administrator can see it) and I need to embed the calendar on the Main.Home (or dashboard) page. Please help with this problem.

Thanks in advance,

Tim

Re: Calendar in Home Page

Guillaume Lerouge
Hi Tim,

not sure about how to hide the top menu, but the Calendar one is easy.

To display the calendar on the home, simply type #includeTopic("SpaceName.SpacePage") where SpaceName is the name of the space your calendar page is in and PageName the name of your calendar page.

If I remeber well it will probably be #includeTopic("Main.EventCalendar") -> put it where you want your calendar on the home... Hopefully this will do what you want.

Guillaume

Hi All,

I am a user who is developing an xwiki for my research team. I am faced with two tasks that I am baffled by and I did research on the site and still can not find it. I need to put rights on the topmenuheader (meaning only administrator can see it) and I need to embed the calendar on the Main.Home (or dashboard) page. Please help with this problem.

Thanks in advance,

Tim

http://wikibc.blogspot.com/

Re: Calendar in Home Page

Shiva Shankar
Or this also?
#includeForm("XWiki.CalendarSheet")
which is the code inside Main.EventCalendar page.
Shiva

Guillaume Lerouge wrote

http://wikibc.blogspot.com/

RE: Calendar in Home Page

Campbell, Timothy D
Guillaume, Antonio, and Shivshan,

     Thank you for all your suggestions. I appreciate the promptness and effectiveness your help has made on my XWiki. All suggestions solved my problem and I can embedd spaces on any page except when I include form ("XWiki.PhotoAlbumClassSheet") and I get an error of ($doc.display("description", $obj)). All help is apprecriated.

Thanks again,

Tim

________________________________

Guillaume Lerouge wrote:

> Hi Tim,
>
> not sure about how to hide the top menu, but the Calendar one is easy.
>
> To display the calendar on the home, simply type #includeTopic("
> SpaceName.SpacePage") where SpaceName is the name of the space your
> calendar
> page is in and PageName the name of your calendar page.
>
> If I remeber well it will probably be #includeTopic("Main.EventCalendar")
> ->
> put it where you want your calendar on the home... Hopefully this will do
> what you want.
>
> Guillaume

>> Hi All,
>>
>> I am a user who is developing an xwiki for my research team. I am faced
>> with two tasks that I am baffled by and I did research on the site and
>> still
>> can not find it. I need to put rights on the topmenuheader (meaning only
>> administrator can see it) and I need to embed the calendar on the
>> Main.Home (or dashboard) page. Please help with this problem.
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>>
>> Tim
>>

>> --
>> You receive this message as a subscriber of the
>> [hidden email] list.

> http://wikibc.blogspot.com/
>

> --
> You receive this message as a subscriber of the [hidden email]

winmail.dat (7K) Download Attachment

Virtual XWiki

Campbell, Timothy D
Hi All,

 I am currently trying to create a virtual wiki so I can have one for our the research team and one for public view. I am having trouble creating network pointers and documents required for the database. I am using localhost and Tomcat as my servlet container and have little knowledge of networking. Please help because I do not understand the documentation well. Also, I read the site for information and it still isn't clear enough for me to solve this problem.

Thanks,

Tim

winmail.dat (4K) Download Attachment

RE: Virtual XWiki

Esbach, Brandon
Re: [xwiki-users] Calendar in Home Page
Some basics:
In order to configure the setup, you would need a network admin (or someone with experience in network configurations) to help you with the network pointers.  If you're not running on a managed network with your own DNS servers, etc; I would hazard a guess that perhaps a configurered LMHOSTS file for your users may also do the trick.  For more info on this, see http://support.microsoft.com/kb/150800 (there are probably better resources for this though, check google for these).

If you could elaborate more on which problems you're trying to solve, I can try help; but please be more specific about where in the process you're stuck.

 I am currently trying to create a virtual wiki so I can have one for our the research team and one for public view. I am having trouble creating network pointers and documents required for the database. I am using localhost and Tomcat as my servlet container and have little knowledge of networking. Please help because I do not understand the documentation well. Also, I read the site for information and it still isn't clear enough for me to solve this problem.

Thanks,

Tim

RE: RE: Virtual XWiki

Campbell, Timothy D
XWiki-Users list,

      Thank you all for all the help you have given me with the problems I encountered. I have my virtual wiki set up and working by adding the server names to the main server. I greatly appreciate the effectiveness and promptness all of you have given me.

Thanks for everything,

Tim