Can't find bundle for base name ApplicationResources, locale en Error

Can't find bundle for base name ApplicationResources, locale en Error

Bikash Agarwalla
Hi, Only recently I started getting the following error (I updated the
source from the repository) when I use xwiki locally (using resin). Any
help with how I can fix it ?

thanks,
Bikash
---------------    error log --------------------------------
12:51:03,411  WARN XWikiAction:154 - Uncaught exception: Error number 0
in 11: Uncaught exception
Wrapped Exception: Can't find bundle for base name ApplicationResources,
locale en
com.xpn.xwiki.XWikiException: Error number 0 in 11: Uncaught exception
Wrapped Exception: Can't find bundle for base name ApplicationResources,
locale en
    at com.xpn.xwiki.web.XWikiAction.execute(XWikiAction.java:135)
    at
org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processActionPerform(RequestProcessor.java:421)
    at
org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:226)
    at
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1164)
    at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doGet(ActionServlet.java:397)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:115)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:92)
    at
com.caucho.server.dispatch.ServletFilterChain.doFilter(ServletFilterChain.java:99)
    at
com.xpn.xwiki.web.SetCharacterEncodingFilter.doFilter(SetCharacterEncodingFilter.java:127)
    at
com.caucho.server.dispatch.FilterFilterChain.doFilter(FilterFilterChain.java:70)
    at
com.caucho.server.webapp.WebAppFilterChain.doFilter(WebAppFilterChain.java:163)
    at
com.caucho.server.dispatch.ServletInvocation.service(ServletInvocation.java:208)
    at
com.caucho.server.http.HttpRequest.handleRequest(HttpRequest.java:259)
    at com.caucho.server.port.TcpConnection.run(TcpConnection.java:363)
    at com.caucho.util.ThreadPool.runTasks(ThreadPool.java:490)
    at com.caucho.util.ThreadPool.run(ThreadPool.java:423)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

Re: Can't find bundle for base name ApplicationResources, locale en Error

Ludovic Dubost

This must be a problem in the Eclipse build, given the recent changes in
the build.xml to create a jar target to create xwiki.jar
This library must probably be used then when running the code..

Ludovic

Bikash Agarwalla wrote:

> Hi, Only recently I started getting the following error (I updated the
> source from the repository) when I use xwiki locally (using resin).
> Any help with how I can fix it ?
>
> thanks,
> Bikash
> ---------------    error log --------------------------------
> 12:51:03,411  WARN XWikiAction:154 - Uncaught exception: Error number
> 0 in 11: Uncaught exception
> Wrapped Exception: Can't find bundle for base name
> ApplicationResources, locale en
> com.xpn.xwiki.XWikiException: Error number 0 in 11: Uncaught exception
> Wrapped Exception: Can't find bundle for base name
> ApplicationResources, locale en
>    at com.xpn.xwiki.web.XWikiAction.execute(XWikiAction.java:135)
>    at
> org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processActionPerform(RequestProcessor.java:421)
>
>    at
> org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:226)
>
>    at
> org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1164)
>    at
> org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doGet(ActionServlet.java:397)
>    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:115)
>    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:92)
>    at
> com.caucho.server.dispatch.ServletFilterChain.doFilter(ServletFilterChain.java:99)
>
>    at
> com.xpn.xwiki.web.SetCharacterEncodingFilter.doFilter(SetCharacterEncodingFilter.java:127)
>
>    at
> com.caucho.server.dispatch.FilterFilterChain.doFilter(FilterFilterChain.java:70)
>
>    at
> com.caucho.server.webapp.WebAppFilterChain.doFilter(WebAppFilterChain.java:163)
>
>    at
> com.caucho.server.dispatch.ServletInvocation.service(ServletInvocation.java:208)
>
>    at
> com.caucho.server.http.HttpRequest.handleRequest(HttpRequest.java:259)
>    at com.caucho.server.port.TcpConnection.run(TcpConnection.java:363)
>    at com.caucho.util.ThreadPool.runTasks(ThreadPool.java:490)
>    at com.caucho.util.ThreadPool.run(ThreadPool.java:423)
>    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

Re: Can't find bundle for base name ApplicationResources, locale en Error

Bikash Agarwalla
Yes, I used the jar file instead of relying on the files generated by
the eclipse build, it solved the problem.

-Bikash