Quantcast

Can't remove groups

Douglas Landau
Greets,

Seems like I am no longer able to remove groups in one of my xwiki installations.  I am still able to in another.  As seen in the excerpts below from catalina.out, one such group in SplunkAdmins.  This group appears in xwiki.cfg where it is mapped to an AD group and had been populated with one member who I have removed.  The other group is “foo” and I created it just now.

I can’t remove either.  Any ideas why not?  Thanks!

2017-05-15 16:48:33,660 [http://dwswiki10.westmarine.net/xwiki/bin/admin/XWiki/XWikiPreferences?xpage=deleteuorg&docname=XWiki.SplunkAdmins&form_token=VuvtkWH4Qv1NiLvTaNoISw] WARN  o.x.c.i.DefaultCSRFToken       - CSRFToken: Secret token verification failed, token: "VuvtkWH4Qv1NiLvTaNoISw", stored token: "hbAO9bUvYVuJLFxM8Mud7Q"
2017-05-15 16:48:41,026 [http://dwswiki10.westmarine.net/xwiki/bin/admin/XWiki/XWikiPreferences?xpage=deleteuorg&docname=XWiki.foo&form_token=VuvtkWH4Qv1NiLvTaNoISw] WARN  o.x.c.i.DefaultCSRFToken       - CSRFToken: Secret token verification failed, token: "VuvtkWH4Qv1NiLvTaNoISw", stored token: "hbAO9bUvYVuJLFxM8Mud7Q"

The information contained in this transmission may contain West Marine proprietary, confidential and/or privileged
information.  It is intended only for the use of the person(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are
hereby notified that any review, dissemination, distribution or duplication of this communication is strictly prohibited.
If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original
message. To reply to our email administrator directly, please send an email to [hidden email].

Re: Can't remove groups

Douglas Landau
[[Note: The XWiki project is switching away from this mailing list and moving to a forum: https://discourse.xwiki.org. This list will be made readonly in a few days. Please post on the forum from now on. Thanks.]]

-----
Thanks.  But I have remove the mapping from xwiki.cfg and restarted and still have the same behavior.  There are no users in the group.  And this behavior also include the "foo" group which had no such mapping and never had any users.

When I remove the groups, they appear to be removed, until I refresh the page with Control-R, at which time they come back.

Should I file a JIRA?  I searched for it there but did not find it.

Doug

You can remove the group but if you don't remove it from the LDAP mapping it will be automatically created each time a user authenticate.

On Tue, May 16, 2017 at 3:51 AM, Douglas Landau <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Greets,
>
> Seems like I am no longer able to remove groups in one of my xwiki installations.  I am still able to in another.  As seen in the excerpts below from catalina.out, one such group in SplunkAdmins.  This group appears in xwiki.cfg where it is mapped to an AD group and had been populated with one member who I have removed.  The other group is “foo” and I created it just now.
>

> I can’t remove either.  Any ideas why not?  Thanks!
>

> 2017-05-15 16:48:33,660 [http://dwswiki10.westmarine.net/xwiki/bin/admin/XWiki/XWikiPreferences?xpage=deleteuorg&docname=XWiki.SplunkAdmins&form_token=VuvtkWH4Qv1NiLvTaNoISw] WARN  o.x.c.i.DefaultCSRFToken       - CSRFToken: Secret token verification failed, token: "VuvtkWH4Qv1NiLvTaNoISw", stored token: "hbAO9bUvYVuJLFxM8Mud7Q"
> 2017-05-15 16:48:41,026 [http://dwswiki10.westmarine.net/xwiki/bin/admin/XWiki/XWikiPreferences?xpage=deleteuorg&docname=XWiki.foo&form_token=VuvtkWH4Qv1NiLvTaNoISw] WARN  o.x.c.i.DefaultCSRFToken       - CSRFToken: Secret token verification failed, token: "VuvtkWH4Qv1NiLvTaNoISw", stored token: "hbAO9bUvYVuJLFxM8Mud7Q"
>

> The information contained in this transmission may contain West Marine
> proprietary, confidential and/or privileged information.  It is
> intended only for the use of the person(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination, distribution or duplication of this communication is strictly prohibited.
> reply email and destroy all copies of the original message. To reply to our email administrator directly, please send an email to [hidden email].

The information contained in this transmission may contain West Marine proprietary, confidential and/or privileged
information.  It is intended only for the use of the person(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are
hereby notified that any review, dissemination, distribution or duplication of this communication is strictly prohibited.
If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original
message. To reply to our email administrator directly, please send an email to [hidden email].

Re: Can't remove groups

Douglas Landau
[[Note: The XWiki project is switching away from this mailing list and moving to a forum: https://discourse.xwiki.org. This list will be made readonly in a few days. Please post on the forum from now on. Thanks.]]

-----

>Creating a JIRA issue without more detail won't help since deleting groups works well in a standard XWiki. Did you look at the log for errors ?

Yes.  I found this: CSRFToken: Secret token verification failed, token: "VuvtkWH4Qv1NiLvTaNoISw", stored token: "hbAO9bUvYVuJLFxM8Mud7Q"

Thank you for the reply.  The groups were gone the next morning!  :-)