Cannot create a hyperlink to another page on the Wiki using Link > Wiki page.

Cannot create a hyperlink to another page on the Wiki using Link > Wiki page.

JasoYeom
I'm running Xwiki Enterprise 5.0 milestone 2 on Windows XP.

When I'm editing a page and I try to add a link to another page I get a transport_error and I cannot see any other pages listed.

I've installed the same version on my Mac and it works fine.

Re: Cannot create a hyperlink to another page on the Wiki using Link > Wiki page.

Marius Dumitru Florea
On Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 7:50 PM, JasoYeom <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I'm running Xwiki Enterprise 5.0 milestone 2 on Windows XP.
>
> When I'm editing a page and I try to add a link to another page I get a
> transport_error and I cannot see any other pages listed.
>

> I've installed the same version on my Mac and it works fine.

Did you have the same pages on the Mac instance? Could be
http://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XWIKI-9025 .

Hope this helps,

Re: Cannot create a hyperlink to another page on the Wiki using Link > Wiki page.

JasoYeom
I have the default installation on both and added one test space on each.  On the Mac I can add links to another page via the list that comes up.  On Windows I attempt to do the same and I get the error.

NAML

Re: Cannot create a hyperlink to another page on the Wiki using Link > Wiki page.

JasoYeom
I've installed Xwiki Enterprise 5.0 milestone on another Windows Xp box. After installation I simply logged in went to the sandbox and hit edit (wysiwyg mode).  I hit Link to add a link to another wiki page and I received the same error when clicking on All Pages "Server returned TRANSPORT_ERROR with no error message"

I 'm unable to copy the error messages from the dos prompt but one error I noticed was

WARN:oejs.ServletHandler:/xwiki/resources/js/xwiki/wysiwyg/xwe/WikiService.gwtrpc
com.xpn.xwiki.XWikiException: Error number 2 in 0: The wiki [servername] does not exist at com.xpn.xwiki.XWiki.getXWiki(XWiki.java:505)

On Sat, Apr 20, 2013 at 5:26 AM, JasoYeom <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I've installed Xwiki Enterprise 5.0 milestone on another Windows Xp box.
> After installation I simply logged in went to the sandbox and hit edit
> (wysiwyg mode).  I hit Link to add a link to another wiki page and I
> received the same error when clicking on All Pages "Server returned
> TRANSPORT_ERROR with no error message"
>
> I 'm unable to copy the error messages from the dos prompt but one error I
> noticed was
>

> WARN:oejs.ServletHandler:/xwiki/resources/js/xwiki/wysiwyg/xwe/WikiService.gwtrpc
> com.xpn.xwiki.XWikiException: Error number 2 in 0: The wiki [servername]
> does not exist at com.xpn.xwiki.XWiki.getXWiki(XWiki.java:505)

What browser did you use? And, which XWiki Enterprise package did you
install? (exe, jar, zip, war). I'll try to reproduce.

Re: Cannot create a hyperlink to another page on the Wiki using Link > Wiki page.

JasoYeom

I downloaded the enterprise version milestone 1 but also in rc1 for Windows (exe)

I used Chrome and iexplorer.  Once installed I went into the sandbox and created a new page.  In the sandbox I edit the main page using wysiwyg and clicked on link to add a page.  When I click on  add page that's when I get the error.

Re: Cannot create a hyperlink to another page on the Wiki using Link > Wiki page.

JasoYeom
Also when I create a new page and type in the space name of a valid space I
get an error at the bottom if the page in red that states "failed to
retrieve suggestions: Error number 2 in the 0 : The wiki [my server name]
does not exist."

Re: Cannot create a hyperlink to another page on the Wiki using Link > Wiki page.

JasoYeom
I'm getting a similar error when trying to change my profile.  Under dashboard preferences I try to add a gadget and get the following error (similar to the error when trying to link to an existing page):

HTTP ERROR 500

Caused by:

<pre>com.xpn.xwiki.XWikiException: Error number 2 in 0: The wiki [ntri-test-620] does not exist
 at com.xpn.xwiki.XWiki.getXWiki(XWiki.java:505)
 at org.xwiki.wysiwyg.server.filter.XWikiContextInitializationFilter.initializeXWikiContext(XWikiContextInitializationFilter.java:134)
 at org.xwiki.wysiwyg.server.filter.XWikiContextInitializationFilter.doFilter(XWikiContextInitializationFilter.java:83)
 at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1419)
 at com.xpn.xwiki.plugin.webdav.XWikiDavFilter.doFilter(XWikiDavFilter.java:66)
 at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1419)
 at org.xwiki.container.servlet.filters.internal.SavedRequestRestorerFilter.doFilter(SavedRequestRestorerFilter.java:208)
 at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1419)
 at org.xwiki.container.servlet.filters.internal.SetCharacterEncodingFilter.doFilter(SetCharacterEncodingFilter.java:111)
 at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1419)
 at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doHandle(ServletHandler.java:455)
 at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:137)
 at org.eclipse.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:557)
 at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doHandle(SessionHandler.java:231)
 at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doHandle(ContextHandler.java:1075)
 at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doScope(ServletHandler.java:384)
 at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doScope(SessionHandler.java:193)
 at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doScope(ContextHandler.java:1009)
 at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:135)
 at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:255)
 at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:154)
 at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:116)
 at org.eclipse.jetty.server.AbstractHttpConnection.handleRequest(AbstractHttpConnection.java:488)
 at org.eclipse.jetty.server.AbstractHttpConnection.content(AbstractHttpConnection.java:943)
 at org.eclipse.jetty.server.AbstractHttpConnection$RequestHandler.content(AbstractHttpConnection.java:1004)
 at org.eclipse.jetty.http.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:861)
 at org.eclipse.jetty.http.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:240)
 at org.eclipse.jetty.server.AsyncHttpConnection.handle(AsyncHttpConnection.java:82)
 at org.eclipse.jetty.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.handle(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:628)
 at org.eclipse.jetty.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint$1.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:52)
 at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool.runJob(QueuedThreadPool.java:608)
 at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$3.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:543)
 at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Have you been able to reproduce the problem?  I've installed on a Mac and everything works fine.  I copy the folder to Windows and the same problems appear.

Re: Cannot create a hyperlink to another page on the Wiki using Link > Wiki page.

JasoYeom
I noticed the Wiki was looking for a file that doesn't exist:

/resources/js/xwiki/wysiwyg/xwe/WikiService.gwtrpc

This is on the Windows download of the latest version with nothing added.

On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 1:35 AM, JasoYeom <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I noticed the Wiki was looking for a file that doesn't exist:
>
> /resources/js/xwiki/wysiwyg/xwe/*WikiService.gwtrpc*

This is not a file but a service. The ".gwtrpc" suffix is used on the
server to dispatch the request to the GWT-RPC servlet which then
forwards the request to the "WikiService" component.

Unfortunately I didn't have time nor a Window machine to try to
reproduce your problems. It's on my todo list though..

Hope this helps,
Marius

JasoYeom
Thanks for the response.  If I can help in anyway just let me know.  I've done searches for this error and it seems to have been around for a bit.

Re: Cannot create a hyperlink to another page on the Wiki using Link > Wiki page.

JasoYeom
Good news.  I found the cause of my problems.  I installed xwiki on a
windows box that is on a domain.  I installed it with full admin rights.
However the firewall is managed by policies which I believe may have been
blocking something on the wiki.  I don't have the rights to disable the
firewall so I logged in locally with the administrator account reinstalled
xwiki and everything is working properly.
On 2013-04-30 11:06 AM, "JasoYeom" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks for the response.  If I can help in anyway just let me know.  I've
> done searches for this error and it seems to have been around for a bit.

Re: Cannot create a hyperlink to another page on the Wiki using Link > Wiki page.

Marius Dumitru Florea
I'm glad to hear that you managed to overcome the problem.