Captcha

maxelcat
Hi

I have noticed there is a "captcha.vm" file in my installation of xwiki.

Does this mean that I can add a captcha to a registration form?

Thanks

Edward

Re: Captcha

Manfred-2
There *is* a CAPTCHA option somewhere. Doesnt appear on my installed products right now but that could be because I've disabled 'public' user registration so it might only kick in then. I'm very new to the product so as far as config goes I dunno, I've just seen it and was confronted with it in a form in Xwiki so it certainly exists, if that helps any.

I have noticed there is a "captcha.vm" file in my installation of xwiki.
Does this mean that I can add a captcha to a registration form?

Re: Captcha

maxelcat
Thanks for that

Please could someone tell me how to get started with getting the captcha up and running

I have tried looking in the objects and classes and using the class editor and the panels but I can't find it.

thanks

There *is* a CAPTCHA option somewhere. Doesnt appear on my installed products right now but that could be because I've disabled 'public' user registration so it might only kick in then. I'm very new to the product so as far as config goes I dunno, I've just seen it and was confronted with it in a form in Xwiki so it certainly exists, if that helps any.

Re: Captcha

Manfred-2
Well its a plugin as far as I can tell. Look if its enabled in

.. /webapps/xwiki/WEB-INF/xwiki.cfg

Look for the section: list of active plugins - something like:

xwiki.plugins=\
                com.xpn.xwiki.plugin.captcha.CaptchaPlugin,\

What you do with it after that I'm not sure.

Please could someone tell me how to get started with getting the captcha up and running

I have tried looking in the objects and classes and using the class editor and the panels but I can't find it.

Re: Captcha

maxelcat

Hi

I changed xwiki.plugin.captcha=1 and restarted xwiki. No sign of it in the
properties for the xwikiusers class.

THanks for your help Manfred -

- anyone got any more ideas???

Further down in the same xwiki.cfg file