Changing properties on a class

Jean Couteau
Hi all,

I have a class with a property which is a long and i want to change it
to float or double, but I got a 'A problem occured while trying to
service your request. Please contact the support if this happens again.
' error when i try to save the change

I think that maybe that comes from the fact that I have some entities of
this class in the database. Is this a bug ? If I remove all the entities
of this class, will I be able to make the change ?

Hope somebody can help.

Best regards,
Jean

--
----
Jean Couteau

Re: Changing properties on a class

hel-o
Hi,

you cant change the property type and you cant delete properties

http://n2.nabble.com/Deleting-Class-properties-tc508025.html#none

I also had a similar problem:

http://n2.nabble.com/Convert-XE-to-XEM-tc2169510.html#a2200013

Changing it back didnt work i finaly changed it in the database.

So if you want to change a property type you have to create a new property with that type and start using that instead of the old. The old property beomes obsolet (but you cannot delete it).

So planning what property types to use is very importent if you create classes.-)

hel.

Jean Couteau wrote

semantic-web.hel.at
hel@hel.at

Re: Changing properties on a class

Jean Couteau
Thanks a lot,

I was hoping for a different answer, but if it's the way it is....

I will have to create a new property then...

----