Choosing final projects for the Summer of Code

Choosing final projects for the Summer of Code

Google just gave the tentative allocation for project. It turns out we
will get 4 projects. I hoped for more put given the 626 students allocated
(this is already 3M$ by Google) and the 105 Open Source organisation
participation, this is kind of normal.

We will have to make some tough choices. The current list I created was:

User Interface (Implement the ergonomic study)
P2P (allow offline usage and P2P XWiki hosting)
AJAX API, Toolbar and Form Editor (it can be one of them or all)
AntiSpam features
JCR backend
Editor Completion
GData backend

We would have to choose 4 and order the last 3 (in case we get additional
projects at the last minute).

Go ahead and give your opinion before tonight since we have to give the
final answer before tomorrow morning pacific time.

Re: Choosing final projects for the Summer of Code

Jean-Vincent Drean
> We will have to make some tough choices. The current list I created was:

> User Interface (Implement the ergonomic study)
> P2P (allow offline usage and P2P XWiki hosting)
> AJAX API, Toolbar and Form Editor (it can be one of them or all)
> AntiSpam features
> JCR backend
> Editor Completion
> GData backend
>
> We would have to choose 4 and order the last 3 (in case we get additional
> projects at the last minute).

Hi,

my opinion :

4 Chosen:
* AJAX API, Toolbar and Form Editor (it can be one of them or all)
* P2P (allow offline usage and P2P XWiki hosting)
* AntiSpam features
* JCR backend

3 others ordered:
* Editor Completion
* GData backend
* User Interface (Implement the ergonomic study)

In any case we will have to implement the ergonomic study but I don't
think that we need a SoC for it.

Jean-Vincent.