Classes and "Edit as HTML"

kenk-3

Hi,

Has anyone considered trying to force an "Edit as HTML" on the contents of particular fields of a class, such as the Content field of the blog's ArticleClass when #if($context.action="inline") on ArticleClassSheet is true?

With something as simple as a javascript plus a sql query around the $doc.display("content", "edit", $obj) ?

I see how it might not be possible considering "Edit as HTML" works on a whole page, so maybe just wishful thinking.

I like the setup as is with being able to write wiki syntax into Content fields, but some of my users will prefer to use htmlarea in all cases.

thx in adv,
-ken

Re: Classes and "Edit as HTML"

It would be indeed interesting to do this, but it would probably be wise
to use the new WYSIWYG editor for this..
Also the way I would like to do this is to use a setting in the
TextAreaClass field which says:

Text
WYSIWYG
Auto (means user or wiki default preference)

And it would trigger the right editor.. Another possibility for the
WYSIWYG Editor would be a link to switch from text to wysiwyg and
remember it by a cookie.. That could indeed only be handled by a
template change and a slight change in the displayer of the TextAreaField

Ludovic