Colibri and (BootStrap) Modal

Danilo Oliveira
Hello Devs,

I am developing an application with bootstrap and XWiki 6.1, however as you
mentioned before, the bootstrap is not in production yet.

The jquery+bootstrap is having a very unstable behavior, after some
interaction of the user with the application trying to open a modal, the
xwiki returns the errors:
"Uncaught TypeError: undefined is not a function" or
"TypeError: $ is not a function
<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/12343714/typeerror-is-not-a-function-when-calling-jquery-function>"
(firebug points to: the line 98 on the javascript.vm:" return
$.noConflict();")

So I decided to back to colibri, but I did not fine how to create a popup
like modal bootstrap. Is there a way?

Thanks.
--
Danilo Amaral de Oliveira
Engenheiro de Computação

Re: Colibri and (BootStrap) Modal

http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/DevGuide/ModalPopup

On Wed, Aug 13, 2014 at 2:55 AM, Danilo Oliveira <[hidden email]
> wrote:

> Hello Devs,
>
> I am developing an application with bootstrap and XWiki 6.1, however as you
> mentioned before, the bootstrap is not in production yet.
>
> The jquery+bootstrap is having a very unstable behavior, after some
> interaction of the user with the application trying to open a modal, the
> xwiki returns the errors:
> "Uncaught TypeError: undefined is not a function" or
> "TypeError: $ is not a function
> <
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/12343714/typeerror-is-not-a-function-when-calling-jquery-function
> >"
> (firebug points to: the line 98 on the javascript.vm:" return
> $.noConflict();")
>
> So I decided to back to colibri, but I did not fine how to create a popup
> like modal bootstrap. Is there a way?
>
> Thanks.
> --
> Danilo Amaral de Oliveira
> Engenheiro de Computação
> celular (32) 9111 - 6867

Re: Colibri and (BootStrap) Modal

Eduard Moraru
Hi Danilo,

Perhaps you forgot to do this
http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/DevGuide/JavaScriptAPI#HRequireJSandjQueryAPIs
when working with jQuery in XWiki?

Thanks,
Eduard

On Wed, Aug 13, 2014 at 10:58 AM, Ecaterina Moraru (Valica) <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/DevGuide/ModalPopup
>
> Thanks,
> Caty
>

> On Wed, Aug 13, 2014 at 2:55 AM, Danilo Oliveira <
> [hidden email]
> > wrote:
>
> > Hello Devs,
> >
> > I am developing an application with bootstrap and XWiki 6.1, however as
> you
> > mentioned before, the bootstrap is not in production yet.
> >
> > The jquery+bootstrap is having a very unstable behavior, after some
> > interaction of the user with the application trying to open a modal, the
> > xwiki returns the errors:
> > "Uncaught TypeError: undefined is not a function" or
> > "TypeError: $ is not a function
> > <
> >
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/12343714/typeerror-is-not-a-function-when-calling-jquery-function
> > >"
> > (firebug points to: the line 98 on the javascript.vm:" return
> > $.noConflict();")
> >
> > So I decided to back to colibri, but I did not fine how to create a popup
> > like modal bootstrap. Is there a way?
> >
> > Thanks.
> > --
> > Danilo Amaral de Oliveira
> > Engenheiro de Computação
> > celular (32) 9111 - 6867

Re: Colibri and (BootStrap) Modal

jerem
Hi,

Personnally I use a bit everywhere:

#set($ok = $xwiki.jsfx.use("/js/xwiki/lightbox/lightbox.js", true))
#set($ok = $xwiki.ssfx.use("js/xwiki/lightbox/lightbox.css", true))

Then from javascript:

window.lb = new Lightbox(createurl,saveurl,redirecturl);

It creates a modal popup showing content from "createurl", and buttons to
save/cancel and redirect appropriately. A sample of use can be found in
page XWiki.AdminUsersSheet, that's the modal used to add a user or a group
from admin section.
... but I only ever used it with colibri and never with bootstrap, and I
don't know how "official" it is. Until 5.3 at least, that "works".
I find this lightbox very useful.

BR,
Jeremie

> Hi Danilo,
>
> Perhaps you forgot to do this
>
> http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/DevGuide/JavaScriptAPI#HRequireJSandjQueryAPIs
> when working with jQuery in XWiki?
>
> Thanks,
> Eduard
>

> On Wed, Aug 13, 2014 at 10:58 AM, Ecaterina Moraru (Valica) <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/DevGuide/ModalPopup
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Caty
> >

> > On Wed, Aug 13, 2014 at 2:55 AM, Danilo Oliveira <
> > [hidden email]
> > > wrote:
> >
> > > Hello Devs,
> > >
> > > I am developing an application with bootstrap and XWiki 6.1, however as
> > you
> > > mentioned before, the bootstrap is not in production yet.
> > >
> > > The jquery+bootstrap is having a very unstable behavior, after some
> > > interaction of the user with the application trying to open a modal,
> the
> > > xwiki returns the errors:
> > > "Uncaught TypeError: undefined is not a function" or
> > > "TypeError: $ is not a function
> > > <
> > >

> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/12343714/typeerror-is-not-a-function-when-calling-jquery-function
> > > (firebug points to: the line 98 on the javascript.vm:" return
> > > $.noConflict();")
> > >
> > > So I decided to back to colibri, but I did not fine how to create a
> popup
> > > like modal bootstrap. Is there a way?
> > >
> > > Thanks.
> > > --
> > > Danilo Amaral de Oliveira
> > > Engenheiro de Computação
> > > celular (32) 9111 - 6867

Re: Colibri and (BootStrap) Modal

Danilo Oliveira
Thanks guys,

Jeremie, this lightbox supports iframe content?

thanks!

> Personnally I use a bit everywhere:
>
> #set($ok = $xwiki.jsfx.use("/js/xwiki/lightbox/lightbox.js", true))
> #set($ok = $xwiki.ssfx.use("js/xwiki/lightbox/lightbox.css", true))
>
> Then from javascript:
>
> window.lb = new Lightbox(createurl,saveurl,redirecturl);
>
> It creates a modal popup showing content from "createurl", and buttons to
> save/cancel and redirect appropriately. A sample of use can be found in
> page XWiki.AdminUsersSheet, that's the modal used to add a user or a group
> from admin section.
> ... but I only ever used it with colibri and never with bootstrap, and I
> don't know how "official" it is. Until 5.3 at least, that "works".
> I find this lightbox very useful.
>
> BR,
> Jeremie

> > Hi Danilo,
> >
> > Perhaps you forgot to do this
> >

> http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/DevGuide/JavaScriptAPI#HRequireJSandjQueryAPIs
> > when working with jQuery in XWiki?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Eduard
> >

> > On Wed, Aug 13, 2014 at 10:58 AM, Ecaterina Moraru (Valica) <
> > [hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/DevGuide/ModalPopup
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Caty
> > >

> > > On Wed, Aug 13, 2014 at 2:55 AM, Danilo Oliveira <
> > > [hidden email]

> as
> > > you

> > the
> > > >

> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/12343714/typeerror-is-not-a-function-when-calling-jquery-function

> > popup

Danilo Amaral de Oliveira
Engenheiro de Computação
celular (32) 9111 - 6867

Re: Colibri and (BootStrap) Modal

jerem
Well, it displays html from url you provide, so if the latter contains an
iframe, it will show it.
But I don't know if it uses an iframe to display this html...

Le 13 août 2014 21:11, "Danilo Oliveira" <[hidden email]> a
écrit :

> Thanks guys,
>
> Jeremie, this lightbox supports iframe content?
>
> thanks!

> > Hi,
> >
> > Personnally I use a bit everywhere:
> >
> > #set($ok = $xwiki.jsfx.use("/js/xwiki/lightbox/lightbox.js", true))
> > #set($ok = $xwiki.ssfx.use("js/xwiki/lightbox/lightbox.css", true))
> >
> > Then from javascript:
> >
> > window.lb = new Lightbox(createurl,saveurl,redirecturl);
> >
> > It creates a modal popup showing content from "createurl", and buttons
> > save/cancel and redirect appropriately. A sample of use can be found in
> > page XWiki.AdminUsersSheet, that's the modal used to add a user or a
group

> > from admin section.
> > ... but I only ever used it with colibri and never with bootstrap, and I
> > don't know how "official" it is. Until 5.3 at least, that "works".
> > I find this lightbox very useful.
> >
> > BR,
> > Jeremie

> > > Hi Danilo,
> > >
> > > Perhaps you forgot to do this

http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/DevGuide/JavaScriptAPI#HRequireJSandjQueryAPIs

> > > when working with jQuery in XWiki?
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Eduard

> > as

> > > the

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/12343714/typeerror-is-not-a-function-when-calling-jquery-function

> > > popup

> Danilo Amaral de Oliveira
> Engenheiro de Computação
> celular (32) 9111 - 6867

Re: Colibri and (BootStrap) Modal

Danilo Oliveira
Thanks for the suggestions!

Yes Eduard, I was using the require method.

I tested the lightbox and modal component however I could handle the modal
necessity with the colorbox ( I found it very beautiful and customizable) (
http://www.jacklmoore.com/colorbox/).

Now I am been challenge by other problem... The extension is set to be used
"always", however sometime between pages refreshes and navifation the
colorbox does not load, so the user get "colourbox  undefined error. How
can I solve it? I need to guarantee that the js is loaded before the user
to start to use the application.

Thanks!
Danilo

> Well, it displays html from url you provide, so if the latter contains an
> iframe, it will show it.
> But I don't know if it uses an iframe to display this html...
>
> Le 13 août 2014 21:11, "Danilo Oliveira" <[hidden email]> a
> écrit :
> >
> > Thanks guys,
> >
> > Jeremie, this lightbox supports iframe content?
> >
> > thanks!

> >:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Personnally I use a bit everywhere:
> > >
> > > #set($ok = $xwiki.jsfx.use("/js/xwiki/lightbox/lightbox.js", true))
> > > #set($ok = $xwiki.ssfx.use("js/xwiki/lightbox/lightbox.css", true))
> > >
> > > Then from javascript:
> > >
> > > window.lb = new Lightbox(createurl,saveurl,redirecturl);
> > >
> > > It creates a modal popup showing content from "createurl", and buttons
> > > save/cancel and redirect appropriately. A sample of use can be found in
> > > page XWiki.AdminUsersSheet, that's the modal used to add a user or a
> group
> > > from admin section.
> > > ... but I only ever used it with colibri and never with bootstrap, and
> > > don't know how "official" it is. Until 5.3 at least, that "works".
> > > I find this lightbox very useful.
> > >
> > > BR,
> > > Jeremie

> http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/DevGuide/JavaScriptAPI#HRequireJSandjQueryAPIs

> however
> > > as

> some
> modal,
> > > > > >

> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/12343714/typeerror-is-not-a-function-when-calling-jquery-function

> > Danilo Amaral de Oliveira
> > Engenheiro de Computação
> > celular (32) 9111 - 6867

Danilo Amaral de Oliveira
Engenheiro de Computação
celular (32) 9111 - 6867

Re: Colibri and (BootStrap) Modal

Eduard Moraru
On Thu, Aug 14, 2014 at 1:56 AM, Danilo Oliveira <[hidden email]
> wrote:

> Thanks for the suggestions!
>
> Yes Eduard, I was using the require method.
>
> I tested the lightbox and modal component however I could handle the modal
> necessity with the colorbox ( I found it very beautiful and customizable) (
> http://www.jacklmoore.com/colorbox/).
>
> Now I am been challenge by other problem... The extension is set to be used
> "always", however sometime between pages refreshes and navifation the
> colorbox does not load, so the user get "colourbox  undefined error. How
> can I solve it? I need to guarantee that the js is loaded before the user
> to start to use the application.

You can use webjars [1] to draw your dependencies and then use require JS
to make sure they are all loaded before your code starts using them.

I notice that jquer-colorbox is available [2] as a webjar.

Hope this helps,
Eduard

----------
[1] http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/WebJars+Integration
[2] http://maven-repository.com/artifact/org.webjars/jquery-colorbox/

> Thanks!
> Danilo

> > Well, it displays html from url you provide, so if the latter contains an
> > iframe, it will show it.
> > But I don't know if it uses an iframe to display this html...
> >
> > Le 13 août 2014 21:11, "Danilo Oliveira" <[hidden email]> a
> > écrit :
> > >
> > > Thanks guys,
> > >
> > > Jeremie, this lightbox supports iframe content?
> > >
> > > thanks!

> > >:

> buttons
> in
> > group
> and

> http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/DevGuide/JavaScriptAPI#HRequireJSandjQueryAPIs

> > however

> > some
> > modal,
> > > > > > >

> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/12343714/typeerror-is-not-a-function-when-calling-jquery-function

> create

> > > --
> > > Danilo Amaral de Oliveira
> > > Engenheiro de Computação
> > > celular (32) 9111 - 6867

> Danilo Amaral de Oliveira
> Engenheiro de Computação
> celular (32) 9111 - 6867

Re: Colibri and (BootStrap) Modal

Danilo Oliveira
Thanks Eduard, you are the best!

Regards,
Danilo

> On Thu, Aug 14, 2014 at 1:56 AM, Danilo Oliveira <
> [hidden email]
> > wrote:
>
> > Thanks for the suggestions!
> >
> > Yes Eduard, I was using the require method.
> >
> > I tested the lightbox and modal component however I could handle the
> modal
> > necessity with the colorbox ( I found it very beautiful and
> customizable) (
> > http://www.jacklmoore.com/colorbox/).
> >
> > Now I am been challenge by other problem... The extension is set to be
> used
> > "always", however sometime between pages refreshes and navifation the
> > colorbox does not load, so the user get "colourbox  undefined error. How
> > can I solve it? I need to guarantee that the js is loaded before the user
> > to start to use the application.
> >

> You can use webjars [1] to draw your dependencies and then use require JS
> to make sure they are all loaded before your code starts using them.
>
> I notice that jquer-colorbox is available [2] as a webjar.
>
> Hope this helps,
> Eduard
>
> ----------
> [1]
> http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/WebJars+Integration
> [2] http://maven-repository.com/artifact/org.webjars/jquery-colorbox/
>

> > Thanks!
> > Danilo

> >:
> >
> > > Well, it displays html from url you provide, so if the latter contains
> an
> > > iframe, it will show it.
> > > But I don't know if it uses an iframe to display this html...

> > buttons
> found
> > in
> > > group