Comment Moderation , Right approach

akp

Comment Moderation , Right approach

akp
Hello XwikiUsers,

Greetings for the day.

Need to know the best approach  form your experience in Xwiki  to
implement comment moderation .I could not find any topic in forum related
to this .

The appoach i've taken is this

Initiating a new boolean  property isApproved  in XwikiComments Class

Modifying inlinecomments.vm  to have an approve link in similar way to
delete

I'm getting stuck in the second point being not sure what would be the URL
to update that property .

Thanks in advance

Regards,
Anjankumar Panda

E-mail Disclaimer: http://www.csscorp.com/common/email-disclaimer.php

akp

Re: Comment Moderation , Right approach

akp
Update 1:

    For the time being  on click of approve link i am redirecting to the object editor where a moderator can change isApproved Property to true and save.

Though  it is a workaround  ,this is not user friendly . Probably a panel showing all un-moderated comment and with a trigger to approve or reject may be the correct way.

On 03/22/2011 06:45 AM, [hidden email] wrote:

> Hello XwikiUsers,
>
> Greetings for the day.
>
> Need to know the best approach  form your experience in Xwiki  to
> implement comment moderation .I could not find any topic in forum related
> to this .
>
> The appoach i've taken is this
>
> Initiating a new boolean  property isApproved  in XwikiComments Class
>
> Modifying inlinecomments.vm  to have an approve link in similar way to
> delete
>

> I'm getting stuck in the second point being not sure what would be the URL
> to update that property .

You can use:

#set($commentIndex = 0)
"XWiki.XWikiComments_${commentIndex}_isApproved=1&xredirect=$request.requestURL")">Approve</a>

If JavaScript is enabled you can prevent the link from triggering and
send and AJAX request instead to the same URL, displaying a loading
animation while the request is processed.

Hope this helps,
Marius

akp

Re: Comment Moderation , Right approach

akp
Hi Marius  Thanks . That worked nicely .

akp

Re: Comment Moderation , Right approach

akp
Hi Marius,

please let me know how do i implement this  ajax based , like delete , showing  a modal yes, no box and progresses messages in the bottom.

Re: Comment Moderation , Right approach

Marius Dumitru Florea
On 04/21/2011 02:26 PM, akp wrote:
> Hi Marius,
>
> please let me know how do i implement this  ajax based , like delete ,
> showing  a modal yes, no box and progresses messages in the bottom.

You can check for instance how comments are removed from a page. You can
see the detailed code in
https://github.com/xwiki/xwiki-platform/raw/master/xwiki-platform-core/xwiki-platform-web/src/main/webapp/resources/uicomponents/viewers/comments.js
. Basically, you use XWiki.widgets.ConfirmedAjaxRequest widget.

Hope this helps,

akp

Re: Comment Moderation , Right approach

akp
Marius Dumitru Florea wrote
   Basically, you use XWiki.widgets.ConfirmedAjaxRequest widget.

Hope this helps,
Yes this did help Marius .Thanks .

One more Question  in this context .

Will u kindly help me in knowing  where are the texts like core.viewers.comments.commentDeleted are defined  and accessed as $msg.get('core.viewers.comments.commentDeleted')  ?

Now for approval part i have hard coded them in comments.js file which i assume is not the best approach and may have issue in localization and  maintenance .

On 04/22/2011 02:59 PM, akp wrote:

> Marius Dumitru Florea wrote:
>>
>>     Basically, you use XWiki.widgets.ConfirmedAjaxRequest widget.
>>
>> Hope this helps,
>>

> Yes this did help Marius .Thanks .
>
> One more Question  in this context .
>

> Will u kindly help me in knowing  where are the texts like
> core.viewers.comments.commentDeleted are defined  and accessed as
> $msg.get('core.viewers.comments.commentDeleted')  ?

This should help
http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/DevGuide/InternationalizingApplications

Marius