Configuring CKEditor Plugins

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Configuring CKEditor Plugins

Dibyendu Das
Hi,

How do I add the font color option to the WYSIWYG editor (CKEditor)? I
included the plugin color in Wiki Administration -> Applications -> WYSIWYG
Editor and added color to toolbar, but it doesn't show up. Similarly I
added the plugins font and justify, and added them to the toolbar, but they
don't show up either.

Thanks
_______________________________________________
users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.xwiki.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Configuring CKEditor Plugins

vmassol
Administrator
Hi,

> On 31 Aug 2016, at 17:32, Dibyendu Das <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> How do I add the font color option to the WYSIWYG editor (CKEditor)?

I don’t know; I’ll let Marius answer this one.

@Marius: Do we have documentation for the CKEditor WYSIWYG for configuring it or extending it? (I’m seeing several questions on the lists on these topics and it would be good to have something as we had for the GWT one).

> I
> included the plugin color in Wiki Administration -> Applications -> WYSIWYG
> Editor and added color to toolbar, but it doesn't show up. Similarly I
> added the plugins font and justify, and added them to the toolbar, but they
> don't show up either.

I think the WYSIWYG editor entry in the Admin UI is for the old WYSIWYG (the GWT one) and thus doesn’t affect the CKEditor one.

What we discussed doing is to make this admin section support both WYSIWYG editor in the near future.

@Marius: do we have a jira issue for this? If not, could you create one?

ATM we still don’t have an Admin UI for CKEditor, see http://jira.xwiki.org/browse/CKEDITOR-32

@Marius: any idea when this is planned (AFAIR we had this planned for the previous releases but it skipped). I know that the focus for this release is Nested Pages for you. I’m wondering when we’ll be able to fit this one. We can brainstorm offline about it.

Thanks
-Vincent

> Thanks

_______________________________________________
users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.xwiki.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Configuring CKEditor Plugins

Paul Libbrecht-2


Vincent Massol wrote:
>> > How do I add the font color option to the WYSIWYG editor (CKEditor)?
> I don’t know; I’ll let Marius answer this one.
Here's a thread that obtained such an answer:
   
http://xwiki.475771.n2.nabble.com/Crafting-method-to-add-a-plugin-to-the-CKEditor-td7600546.html
Using the ckeditorPromise seems to be the available method currently.
> @Marius: Do we have documentation for the CKEditor WYSIWYG for configuring it or extending it? (I’m seeing several questions on the lists on these topics and it would be good to have something as we had for the GWT one).
I'm happy to help writing that.
I think that, at this stage, we can only formulate a series of example code.

Paul
_______________________________________________
users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.xwiki.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Configuring CKEditor Plugins

Marius Dumitru Florea
In reply to this post by vmassol
On Thu, Sep 1, 2016 at 10:34 AM, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > On 31 Aug 2016, at 17:32, Dibyendu Das <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > How do I add the font color option to the WYSIWYG editor (CKEditor)?
>
> I don’t know; I’ll let Marius answer this one.
>
> @Marius: Do we have documentation for the CKEditor WYSIWYG for configuring
> it or extending it? (I’m seeing several questions on the lists on these
> topics and it would be good to have something as we had for the GWT one).
>

Yes,
http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/CKEditor+Integration


>
> > I
> > included the plugin color in Wiki Administration -> Applications ->
> WYSIWYG
> > Editor and added color to toolbar, but it doesn't show up. Similarly I
> > added the plugins font and justify, and added them to the toolbar, but
> they
> > don't show up either.
>
> I think the WYSIWYG editor entry in the Admin UI is for the old WYSIWYG
> (the GWT one) and thus doesn’t affect the CKEditor one.
>
> What we discussed doing is to make this admin section support both WYSIWYG
> editor in the near future.
>
> @Marius: do we have a jira issue for this? If not, could you create one?
>

Yes, http://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XWIKI-13654


>
> ATM we still don’t have an Admin UI for CKEditor, see
> http://jira.xwiki.org/browse/CKEDITOR-32
>
> @Marius: any idea when this is planned (AFAIR we had this planned for the
> previous releases but it skipped). I know that the focus for this release
> is Nested Pages for you. I’m wondering when we’ll be able to fit this one.
> We can brainstorm offline about it.
>

It's not on the roadmap but it is on my TODO list. If we start simple with
just a plain text area where you can edit the JSON configuration for the
editor then I should be able to include it in 8.3. This is also the most
flexible solution as there are a lot of configuration options available.
Otherwise, if we want a fancy UI then it requires more work and I'm not
sure it will fit in 8.3

Thanks,
Marius


>
> Thanks
> -Vincent
>
> > Thanks
>
> _______________________________________________
> users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.xwiki.org/mailman/listinfo/users
>
_______________________________________________
users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.xwiki.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Configuring CKEditor Plugins

Dibyendu Das
Thanks the replies. I am able to use the plugins in GWT, however one thing
I noticed is that no matter what font and fontsize I choose, it forces me
to write in a standard font and size. Is it because of the format plugin?

On Thu, Sep 1, 2016 at 5:42 AM, Marius Dumitru Florea <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 1, 2016 at 10:34 AM, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > > On 31 Aug 2016, at 17:32, Dibyendu Das <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > How do I add the font color option to the WYSIWYG editor (CKEditor)?
> >
> > I don’t know; I’ll let Marius answer this one.
> >
> > @Marius: Do we have documentation for the CKEditor WYSIWYG for
> configuring
> > it or extending it? (I’m seeing several questions on the lists on these
> > topics and it would be good to have something as we had for the GWT one).
> >
>
> Yes,
> http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/CKEditor+Integration
>
>
> >
> > > I
> > > included the plugin color in Wiki Administration -> Applications ->
> > WYSIWYG
> > > Editor and added color to toolbar, but it doesn't show up. Similarly I
> > > added the plugins font and justify, and added them to the toolbar, but
> > they
> > > don't show up either.
> >
> > I think the WYSIWYG editor entry in the Admin UI is for the old WYSIWYG
> > (the GWT one) and thus doesn’t affect the CKEditor one.
> >
> > What we discussed doing is to make this admin section support both
> WYSIWYG
> > editor in the near future.
> >
> > @Marius: do we have a jira issue for this? If not, could you create one?
> >
>
> Yes, http://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XWIKI-13654
>
>
> >
> > ATM we still don’t have an Admin UI for CKEditor, see
> > http://jira.xwiki.org/browse/CKEDITOR-32
> >
> > @Marius: any idea when this is planned (AFAIR we had this planned for the
> > previous releases but it skipped). I know that the focus for this release
> > is Nested Pages for you. I’m wondering when we’ll be able to fit this
> one.
> > We can brainstorm offline about it.
> >
>
> It's not on the roadmap but it is on my TODO list. If we start simple with
> just a plain text area where you can edit the JSON configuration for the
> editor then I should be able to include it in 8.3. This is also the most
> flexible solution as there are a lot of configuration options available.
> Otherwise, if we want a fancy UI then it requires more work and I'm not
> sure it will fit in 8.3
>
> Thanks,
> Marius
>
>
> >
> > Thanks
> > -Vincent
> >
> > > Thanks
> >
> > _______________________________________________
> > users mailing list
> > [hidden email]
> > http://lists.xwiki.org/mailman/listinfo/users
> >
> _______________________________________________
> users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.xwiki.org/mailman/listinfo/users
>
_______________________________________________
users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.xwiki.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Configuring CKEditor Plugins

Marius Dumitru Florea
On Thu, Sep 1, 2016 at 7:38 PM, Dibyendu Das <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks the replies. I am able to use the plugins in GWT, however one thing
> I noticed is that no matter what font and fontsize I choose, it forces me
> to write in a standard font and size. Is it because of the format plugin?
>

It works fine for me on XWiki 8.3M1 (using the GWT editor). Can you check
the page source (wiki syntax) to see if the font information (family and
size) is saved? You should see something like this:

one (% style="font-family: Times New Roman; font-size: 36px;" %)two(%%)
three

If you get it then it's a display issue (e.g. you have a custom skin or
some custom styles that take precedence over the inline font styles, for
instance by using the "!important" CSS keyword). If you don't get it then
it means the font styles are not saved, which could be a browser issue.
What browser are you using?

Hope this helps,
Marius


>
> On Thu, Sep 1, 2016 at 5:42 AM, Marius Dumitru Florea <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, Sep 1, 2016 at 10:34 AM, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > > On 31 Aug 2016, at 17:32, Dibyendu Das <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> > > >
> > > > Hi,
> > > >
> > > > How do I add the font color option to the WYSIWYG editor (CKEditor)?
> > >
> > > I don’t know; I’ll let Marius answer this one.
> > >
> > > @Marius: Do we have documentation for the CKEditor WYSIWYG for
> > configuring
> > > it or extending it? (I’m seeing several questions on the lists on these
> > > topics and it would be good to have something as we had for the GWT
> one).
> > >
> >
> > Yes,
> > http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/
> CKEditor+Integration
> >
> >
> > >
> > > > I
> > > > included the plugin color in Wiki Administration -> Applications ->
> > > WYSIWYG
> > > > Editor and added color to toolbar, but it doesn't show up. Similarly
> I
> > > > added the plugins font and justify, and added them to the toolbar,
> but
> > > they
> > > > don't show up either.
> > >
> > > I think the WYSIWYG editor entry in the Admin UI is for the old WYSIWYG
> > > (the GWT one) and thus doesn’t affect the CKEditor one.
> > >
> > > What we discussed doing is to make this admin section support both
> > WYSIWYG
> > > editor in the near future.
> > >
> > > @Marius: do we have a jira issue for this? If not, could you create
> one?
> > >
> >
> > Yes, http://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XWIKI-13654
> >
> >
> > >
> > > ATM we still don’t have an Admin UI for CKEditor, see
> > > http://jira.xwiki.org/browse/CKEDITOR-32
> > >
> > > @Marius: any idea when this is planned (AFAIR we had this planned for
> the
> > > previous releases but it skipped). I know that the focus for this
> release
> > > is Nested Pages for you. I’m wondering when we’ll be able to fit this
> > one.
> > > We can brainstorm offline about it.
> > >
> >
> > It's not on the roadmap but it is on my TODO list. If we start simple
> with
> > just a plain text area where you can edit the JSON configuration for the
> > editor then I should be able to include it in 8.3. This is also the most
> > flexible solution as there are a lot of configuration options available.
> > Otherwise, if we want a fancy UI then it requires more work and I'm not
> > sure it will fit in 8.3
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Marius
> >
> >
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > > -Vincent
> > >
> > > > Thanks
> > >
> > > _______________________________________________
> > > users mailing list
> > > [hidden email]
> > > http://lists.xwiki.org/mailman/listinfo/users
> > >
> > _______________________________________________
> > users mailing list
> > [hidden email]
> > http://lists.xwiki.org/mailman/listinfo/users
> >
> _______________________________________________
> users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.xwiki.org/mailman/listinfo/users
>
_______________________________________________
users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.xwiki.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Configuring CKEditor Plugins

Mario
In reply to this post by Dibyendu Das
To enable the Color Options in CKEditor I did the following:
as written in (Option 1) http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/CKEditor+Integration#HConfiguretheeditor 

Edit Page:
<your-xwiki-server>/edit/CKEditor/EditSheet?editor=object
Object
JavaScriptExtension 0: CKEditor Loader
 
Find
var editor = ckeditor.replace(...)
Remove colorbutton from this line:
removePlugins: 'bidi,colorbutton,font,justify,save,specialchar', 

After that, font color and background color are available in the CKeditor Toolbar.

Greetings
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Configuring CKEditor Plugins

Mario
Mario wrote
Edit Page:
<your-xwiki-server>/edit/CKEditor/EditSheet?editor=object
Object
JavaScriptExtension 0: CKEditor Loader
 
Find
var editor = ckeditor.replace(...)
Remove colorbutton from this line:
removePlugins: 'bidi,colorbutton,font,justify,save,specialchar', 
Warning, do not save this object if your Default Editor is WYSIWYG, it will break the code thus preventing ckeditor from loading from then on. Edit your user Profile preferences so your default editor is "text", then modify CKEditor/EditSheet.