Confusion over XWord versions

Paul Harris
Hi all,

I've been looking for a wiki that simple MS Office users can use.  XWord is
a brilliant idea and my friends jumped into it like ducks into a pond!  The
familiarity of the MS Word really helped break down the barriers of learning
wikis.

However,  I am totally confused about what version of XWord should be
installed.

On the one hand, there is this version that I assume is old:
http://xoffice.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/XWord/
the links point to IP addresses rather than a host name!!

then there is two versions here:
http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main/Download#HXWikiOffice

For "XOffice 1.2 M1", the link points to XWord 1.0
For "XOffice 1.1.1", the link points to XWord 1.1

so the "Latest" seems to give me an older version.  I believe this is the
one that I installed, and we have found problems with uploading images from
XWord.

We are going to try the other version, but now I'd like to know: where is
version 1.2M1 ?  Which one should I be using?

I checked the RoadMap, it looks a bit out of date.  Is there anyone working
on XWord?  This is a killer feature!  I don't see any other wikis with this
sort of feature.

cheers
Paul

Re: Confusion over XWord versions

Abel Solórzano Astorga
Hi Paul,

I tested xword in the past, but I had the same inconviniences you mention.

About the versions I tested both versions and I have found problems with
uploading images too. Everything else was working fine. So I asked here
http://www.mail-archive.com/users@.../msg11450.html, but I couldn't
find a solution there. Then, I created an issue. That issue is still open at
http://jira.xwiki.org/jira/browse/XOFFICE-226. If you have the same issue,
you can vote for it and that increase the posibility that somebody work on
it.

I finally ended up using this feature
http://code.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Applications/OfficeImporterApplication#HHowtouseto
import office documents. The tables are not exported properly, but I
can
live with that. Besides, I read that has some improvements on version 2.5.

You should also see this
http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Features/OfficeImporter#HOfficeImporterApplication.
I am not sure, but I think it is the same feature that I am using with a
different interface.

Regards,

On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 8:48 PM, Paul Harris <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've been looking for a wiki that simple MS Office users can use.  XWord is
> a brilliant idea and my friends jumped into it like ducks into a pond!  The
> familiarity of the MS Word really helped break down the barriers of
> learning
> wikis.
>
> However,  I am totally confused about what version of XWord should be
> installed.
>
> On the one hand, there is this version that I assume is old:
> http://xoffice.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/XWord/
> the links point to IP addresses rather than a host name!!
>
> then there is two versions here:
> http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main/Download#HXWikiOffice
>
> For "XOffice 1.2 M1", the link points to XWord 1.0
> For "XOffice 1.1.1", the link points to XWord 1.1
>
> so the "Latest" seems to give me an older version.  I believe this is the
> one that I installed, and we have found problems with uploading images from
> XWord.
>
> We are going to try the other version, but now I'd like to know: where is
> version 1.2M1 ?  Which one should I be using?
>
> I checked the RoadMap, it looks a bit out of date.  Is there anyone working
> on XWord?  This is a killer feature!  I don't see any other wikis with this
> sort of feature.
>
> cheers
> Paul

Re: Confusion over XWord versions

Paul Harris
Hi Abel and all,

This is what the stderr spits out when you try and upload an image via
xword:
2010-11-11 12:56:46,297 [
http://localhost:8080/xwiki/bin/admin/XWiki/XWikiPreferences] INFO
.AbstractXWikiMigrationManager  - No storage migration required since
current version is [15429]
2010-11-11 12:58:59,508 [http://130.95.212.23:8080/xwiki/xmlrpc] ERROR
server.XmlRpcStreamServer       - execute: Error while performing request
org.apache.xmlrpc.common.XmlRpcInvocationException: Failed to invoke method
convert in class com.xpn.xwiki.xmlrpc.XWikiXmlRpcApiImpl: Exception while
performing syntax conversion.
    at
org.apache.xmlrpc.server.ReflectiveXmlRpcHandler.invoke(ReflectiveXmlRpcHandler.java:126)
    at
org.apache.xmlrpc.server.ReflectiveXmlRpcHandler.execute(ReflectiveXmlRpcHandler.java:103)
    at
org.apache.xmlrpc.server.XmlRpcServerWorker.execute(XmlRpcServerWorker.java:43)
    at org.apache.xmlrpc.server.XmlRpcServer.execute(XmlRpcServer.java:83)
    at
org.apache.xmlrpc.server.XmlRpcStreamServer.execute(XmlRpcStreamServer.java:191)
    at
org.apache.xmlrpc.webserver.XmlRpcServletServer.execute(XmlRpcServletServer.java:104)
    at
org.apache.xmlrpc.webserver.XmlRpcServlet.doPost(XmlRpcServlet.java:191)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:727)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:820)
    at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:511)
    at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1166)
    at
com.xpn.xwiki.wysiwyg.server.filter.XWikiContextInitializationFilter.doFilter(XWikiContextInitializationFilter.java:87)
    at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1157)
    at
com.xpn.xwiki.plugin.webdav.XWikiDavFilter.doFilter(XWikiDavFilter.java:68)
    at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1157)
    at
org.xwiki.container.servlet.filters.internal.SavedRequestRestorerFilter.doFilter(SavedRequestRestorerFilter.java:218)
    at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1157)
    at
org.xwiki.container.servlet.filters.internal.SetCharacterEncodingFilter.doFilter(SetCharacterEncodingFilter.java:112)
    at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1157)
    at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:388)
    at
org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:216)
    at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:182)
    at
org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:765)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:418)
    at
org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:230)
    at
org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:114)
    at
org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:152)
    at
org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:536)
    at
org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.content(HttpConnection.java:930)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:747)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:212)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:405)
    at
org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:409)
    at
org.mortbay.thread.QueuedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:582)
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Exception while performing syntax
conversion.
    at
com.xpn.xwiki.xmlrpc.XWikiXmlRpcApiImpl.convert(XWikiXmlRpcApiImpl.java:1387)
    at
org.apache.xmlrpc.server.ReflectiveXmlRpcHandler.invoke(ReflectiveXmlRpcHandler.java:112)
    ... 34 more
Caused by: org.xwiki.rendering.converter.ConversionException: Failed to
parse input source
    at
org.xwiki.rendering.internal.converter.DefaultConverter.convert(DefaultConverter.java:56)
    at
com.xpn.xwiki.xmlrpc.XWikiXmlRpcApiImpl.convert(XWikiXmlRpcApiImpl.java:1383)
    ... 39 more
Caused by: org.xwiki.rendering.parser.ParseException: Failed to parse input
source
    at
org.xwiki.rendering.internal.parser.wikimodel.AbstractWikiModelParser.parse(AbstractWikiModelParser.java:142)
    at
org.xwiki.rendering.internal.parser.wikimodel.AbstractWikiModelParser.parse(AbstractWikiModelParser.java:97)
    at
org.xwiki.rendering.internal.converter.DefaultConverter.convert(DefaultConverter.java:52)
    ... 40 more
Caused by: org.wikimodel.wem.WikiParserException:
    at org.wikimodel.wem.xhtml.XhtmlParser.parse(XhtmlParser.java:107)
    at
org.xwiki.rendering.internal.parser.wikimodel.AbstractWikiModelParser.parse(AbstractWikiModelParser.java:140)
    ... 42 more
Caused by: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 1
    at
org.xwiki.rendering.internal.parser.wikimodel.xhtml.XHTMLMarkerResourceReferenceParser.parse(XHTMLMarkerResourceReferenceParser.java:53)
    at
org.xwiki.rendering.internal.parser.wikimodel.xhtml.XWikiCommentHandler.handleImageCommentStop(XWikiCommentHandler.java:180)
    at
org.xwiki.rendering.internal.parser.wikimodel.xhtml.XWikiCommentHandler.onComment(XWikiCommentHandler.java:103)
    at
org.wikimodel.wem.xhtml.impl.XhtmlHandler$TagStack.onComment(XhtmlHandler.java:347)
    at
org.wikimodel.wem.xhtml.impl.XhtmlHandler.comment(XhtmlHandler.java:567)
    at
org.wikimodel.wem.xhtml.filter.DefaultXMLFilter.comment(DefaultXMLFilter.java:73)
    at
org.wikimodel.wem.xhtml.filter.XHTMLWhitespaceXMLFilter.comment(XHTMLWhitespaceXMLFilter.java:250)
    at
org.wikimodel.wem.xhtml.filter.DefaultXMLFilter.comment(DefaultXMLFilter.java:73)
    at
org.wikimodel.wem.xhtml.filter.AccumulationXMLFilter.comment(AccumulationXMLFilter.java:77)
    at
org.wikimodel.wem.xhtml.filter.DefaultXMLFilter.comment(DefaultXMLFilter.java:73)
    at
org.wikimodel.wem.xhtml.filter.DTDXMLFilter.comment(DTDXMLFilter.java:78)
    at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.comment(Unknown Source)
    at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanComment(Unknown
Source)
    at
Source)
    at
Source)
    at
org.apache.xerces.parsers.XML11NonValidatingConfiguration.parse(Unknown
Source)
    at
org.apache.xerces.parsers.XML11NonValidatingConfiguration.parse(Unknown
Source)
    at org.xml.sax.helpers.XMLFilterImpl.parse(Unknown Source)
    at
org.wikimodel.wem.xhtml.filter.DefaultXMLFilter.parse(DefaultXMLFilter.java:44)
    at org.xml.sax.helpers.XMLFilterImpl.parse(Unknown Source)
    at
org.wikimodel.wem.xhtml.filter.DefaultXMLFilter.parse(DefaultXMLFilter.java:44)
    at org.xml.sax.helpers.XMLFilterImpl.parse(Unknown Source)
    at
org.wikimodel.wem.xhtml.filter.DefaultXMLFilter.parse(DefaultXMLFilter.java:44)
    at org.wikimodel.wem.xhtml.XhtmlParser.parse(XhtmlParser.java:104)
    ... 43 more
[...]

Looks like XWord generates invalid XML ?   Ideas?

I'll add this to jira too.

cheers
Paul

Re: Confusion over XWord versions

Paul Harris
I created a new issue, as the problem is different to the one Abel's bug
describes.

http://jira.xwiki.org/jira/browse/XOFFICE-241

On 11 November 2010 13:11, Paul Harris <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Abel and all,
>
> This is what the stderr spits out when you try and upload an image via
> xword:
> 2010-11-11 12:56:46,297 [
> http://localhost:8080/xwiki/bin/admin/XWiki/XWikiPreferences] INFO
> .AbstractXWikiMigrationManager  - No storage migration required since
> current version is [15429]
> 2010-11-11 12:58:59,508 [http://130.95.212.23:8080/xwiki/xmlrpc] ERROR
> server.XmlRpcStreamServer       - execute: Error while performing request

snip

Re: Confusion over XWord versions

Florin, I suspect you have to update the XHTML that XWord generates when
the user inserts an image to match the rendering module expectations.
See http://jira.xwiki.org/jira/browse/XWIKI-5554 . Starting with XE 2.5
image and link markers (the XHTML comments used by the rendering module)
use the same syntax. Let me know if you need any help.

Marius

On 11/11/2010 07:11 AM, Paul Harris wrote:

> [...]
> Source)
>      at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XMLParser.parse(Unknown Source)
>      at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
>      at org.xml.sax.helpers.XMLFilterImpl.parse(Unknown Source)
>      at
> org.wikimodel.wem.xhtml.filter.DefaultXMLFilter.parse(DefaultXMLFilter.java:44)
>      at org.xml.sax.helpers.XMLFilterImpl.parse(Unknown Source)
>      at
> org.wikimodel.wem.xhtml.filter.DefaultXMLFilter.parse(DefaultXMLFilter.java:44)
>      at org.xml.sax.helpers.XMLFilterImpl.parse(Unknown Source)
>      at
> org.wikimodel.wem.xhtml.filter.DefaultXMLFilter.parse(DefaultXMLFilter.java:44)
>      at org.wikimodel.wem.xhtml.XhtmlParser.parse(XhtmlParser.java:104)
>      ... 43 more
>

> Looks like XWord generates invalid XML ?   Ideas?

Florin Ciubotaru
Hi Paul,

On Thu, Nov 11, 2010 at 4:48 AM, Paul Harris <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've been looking for a wiki that simple MS Office users can use.  XWord is
> a brilliant idea and my friends jumped into it like ducks into a pond!  The
> familiarity of the MS Word really helped break down the barriers of
> learning
> wikis.
>
> However,  I am totally confused about what version of XWord should be
> installed.
>
> On the one hand, there is this version that I assume is old:
> http://xoffice.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/XWord/
> the links point to IP addresses rather than a host name!!

 That is a page for an alpha version. Thanks for pointing it out. The links
to the old address have been removed.

> then there is two versions here:
> http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main/Download#HXWikiOffice
>
> For "XOffice 1.2 M1", the link points to XWord 1.0
> For "XOffice 1.1.1", the link points to XWord 1.1
>

> so the "Latest" seems to give me an older version.  I believe this is the
> one that I installed, and we have found problems with uploading images from
> XWord.
>
> We are going to try the other version, but now I'd like to know: where is
> version 1.2M1 ?  Which one should I be using?

The links on the download page are correct. The installer always downloads
the latest version of the "stable" and "latest" branches. Active instances
are also updated when a new version is released.
The "XWord1.0" part of the url does not specify the version. The 1.2 M1
binaries are actually downloaded from
".../XWord1.0.zip/Application%20Files/XWord_1_2_0_131/". From this point of
view v1.2 is seen as an update to previous versions.

> I checked the RoadMap, it looks a bit out of date.  Is there anyone working
> on XWord?  This is a killer feature!  I don't see any other wikis with this
> sort of feature.

I am the main developer of XOffice, but its development hasn't seem much
activity in the past months.
There seem to be some issues when using XOffice with newer XWiki versions.
These will be fixed in the future but I cannot give a clear date of the next
release at this point as I am focusing on other XWiki SAS responsibilities.

Thanks,
Florin Ciubotaru

> cheers
> Paul

Re: Confusion over XWord versions

Florin Ciubotaru
Hi Marius,

On Thu, Nov 11, 2010 at 10:06 AM, Marius Dumitru Florea <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Florin, I suspect you have to update the XHTML that XWord generates when
> the user inserts an image to match the rendering module expectations.
> See http://jira.xwiki.org/jira/browse/XWIKI-5554 . Starting with XE 2.5
> image and link markers (the XHTML comments used by the rendering module)
> use the same syntax. Let me know if you need any help.

Indeed, this could be the cause of the issue. I would have expected this
behavior to be backwords compatible or having the old one deprecated for
several XWiki versions as we receive this 'formated' XHTML trough public
APIs. At this point the conversion will simply crash when used by an older
client.

Florin

On Nov 11, 2010, at 11:50 AM, Florin Ciubotaru wrote:

> Hi Marius,
>
> On Thu, Nov 11, 2010 at 10:06 AM, Marius Dumitru Florea <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Florin, I suspect you have to update the XHTML that XWord generates when
>> the user inserts an image to match the rendering module expectations.
>> See http://jira.xwiki.org/jira/browse/XWIKI-5554 . Starting with XE 2.5
>> image and link markers (the XHTML comments used by the rendering module)
>> use the same syntax. Let me know if you need any help.
>>

> Indeed, this could be the cause of the issue. I would have expected this
> behavior to be backwords compatible or having the old one deprecated for
> several XWiki versions as we receive this 'formated' XHTML trough public
> APIs. At this point the conversion will simply crash when used by an older
> client.

IMO we should check the version of XE when XWord connects to it and if it's not compatible mention it.

> [...]
>>> Source)
>>>     at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XMLParser.parse(Unknown Source)
>>>     at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
>>>     at org.xml.sax.helpers.XMLFilterImpl.parse(Unknown Source)
>>>     at
>>>
>> org.wikimodel.wem.xhtml.filter.DefaultXMLFilter.parse(DefaultXMLFilter.java:44)
>>>     at org.xml.sax.helpers.XMLFilterImpl.parse(Unknown Source)
>>>     at
>>>
>> org.wikimodel.wem.xhtml.filter.DefaultXMLFilter.parse(DefaultXMLFilter.java:44)
>>>     at org.xml.sax.helpers.XMLFilterImpl.parse(Unknown Source)
>>>     at
>>>
>> org.wikimodel.wem.xhtml.filter.DefaultXMLFilter.parse(DefaultXMLFilter.java:44)
>>>     at org.wikimodel.wem.xhtml.XhtmlParser.parse(XhtmlParser.java:104)
>>>     ... 43 more
>>>

>>> Looks like XWord generates invalid XML ?   Ideas?

Hi Florin,

> > I checked the RoadMap, it looks a bit out of date.  Is there anyone
> working
> > on XWord?  This is a killer feature!  I don't see any other wikis with
> this
> > sort of feature.
> >
> I am the main developer of XOffice, but its development hasn't seem much
> activity in the past months.
> There seem to be some issues when using XOffice with newer XWiki versions.
> These will be fixed in the future but I cannot give a clear date of the
> next
> release at this point as I am focusing on other XWiki SAS responsibilities.

well you should be very proud of XOffice, my friends nearly fell out of
their chair when they used it.

"you mean I can edit the wiki from within word?"

they love to cut and paste images into word, which is not as easy and quick
to do via the wiki web interface.

I hope you are able to spend some more time on XOffice :)

thanks

On Thu, Nov 11, 2010 at 12:55 PM, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Nov 11, 2010, at 11:50 AM, Florin Ciubotaru wrote:
>
> > Hi Marius,
> >
> > On Thu, Nov 11, 2010 at 10:06 AM, Marius Dumitru Florea <
> > [hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> >> Florin, I suspect you have to update the XHTML that XWord generates when
> >> the user inserts an image to match the rendering module expectations.
> >> See http://jira.xwiki.org/jira/browse/XWIKI-5554 . Starting with XE 2.5
> >> image and link markers (the XHTML comments used by the rendering module)
> >> use the same syntax. Let me know if you need any help.
> >>

> > Indeed, this could be the cause of the issue. I would have expected this
> > behavior to be backwords compatible or having the old one deprecated for
> > several XWiki versions as we receive this 'formated' XHTML trough public
> > APIs. At this point the conversion will simply crash when used by an
> older
> > client.
>
> IMO we should check the version of XE when XWord connects to it and if it's
> not compatible mention it.
>

> WDYT?

XOffice already checks the XE version for several reasons. For this
particular issue, I'd prefer to implement the fix it rather then saying it's
incompatible. First thing to do until a release is done, is to at least
document this on the wiki.
The client relies on the XML-RPC and REST APIs which means that it should be
compatible with the server as long as nothing changes in the API specs.
I cannot confirm the exact cause of the issue yet. But based on the hint
from Marius I could say that the xhtml parser should have accepted the old
image marker for several versions. XML-RPC is a backwards compatible API,
once we introduced the conversion methods, it means we commit to having them
working properly across several XWiki versions.

Florin

On Nov 11, 2010, at 3:42 PM, Florin Ciubotaru wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Nov 11, 2010 at 12:55 PM, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>> On Nov 11, 2010, at 11:50 AM, Florin Ciubotaru wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Marius,

>>> Indeed, this could be the cause of the issue. I would have expected this
>>> behavior to be backwords compatible or having the old one deprecated for
>>> several XWiki versions as we receive this 'formated' XHTML trough public
>>> APIs. At this point the conversion will simply crash when used by an
>> older
>>> client.
>>
>> IMO we should check the version of XE when XWord connects to it and if it's
>> not compatible mention it.
>>

>> WDYT?
>>
> XOffice already checks the XE version for several reasons. For this
> particular issue, I'd prefer to implement the fix it rather then saying it's
> incompatible. First thing to do until a release is done, is to at least
> document this on the wiki.
> The client relies on the XML-RPC and REST APIs which means that it should be
> compatible with the server as long as nothing changes in the API specs.
> I cannot confirm the exact cause of the issue yet. But based on the hint
> from Marius I could say that the xhtml parser should have accepted the old
> image marker for several versions. XML-RPC is a backwards compatible API,
> once we introduced the conversion methods, it means we commit to having them
> working properly across several XWiki versions.

On the server side, in the rendering module, we have *voluntarily* broken several APIs. See the release notes for 2.5:
http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main/ReleaseNotesXWikiEnterprise25#HAPIBreakages

I don't know how this can affect you (i.e how this can affect the XMLRPC module).

But if you produce XHTML on the XOffice side and if this XHTML contains markers then the marker syntax has changed in 2.5.

On 11 November 2010 22:51, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Nov 11, 2010, at 3:42 PM, Florin Ciubotaru wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Thu, Nov 11, 2010 at 12:55 PM, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]>
> wrote:

> when
> 2.5
> module)

> this
> for
> public
> >> older
> >>
> >> IMO we should check the version of XE when XWord connects to it and if
> it's
> >> not compatible mention it.
> >>

> >> WDYT?
> >>
> > XOffice already checks the XE version for several reasons. For this
> > particular issue, I'd prefer to implement the fix it rather then saying
> it's
> > incompatible. First thing to do until a release is done, is to at least
> > document this on the wiki.
> > The client relies on the XML-RPC and REST APIs which means that it should
> be
> > compatible with the server as long as nothing changes in the API specs.
> > I cannot confirm the exact cause of the issue yet. But based on the hint
> > from Marius I could say that the xhtml parser should have accepted the
> old
> > image marker for several versions. XML-RPC is a backwards compatible API,
> > once we introduced the conversion methods, it means we commit to having
> them
> > working properly across several XWiki versions.
>
> On the server side, in the rendering module, we have *voluntarily* broken
> several APIs. See the release notes for 2.5:
>
> http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main/ReleaseNotesXWikiEnterprise25#HAPIBreakages
>
> I don't know how this can affect you (i.e how this can affect the XMLRPC
> module).
>
> But if you produce XHTML on the XOffice side and if this XHTML contains
> markers then the marker syntax has changed in 2.5.

I'd like to get XWord working, even if it means hacking it myself.
Can anyone give me some pointers on what has to be done?

On 7 December 2010 21:34, Paul Harris <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 11 November 2010 22:51, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>> On Nov 11, 2010, at 3:42 PM, Florin Ciubotaru wrote:
>>
>> > Hi,

>> when
>> 2.5
>> module)

>> this
>> for
>> public

>> it's

>> > XOffice already checks the XE version for several reasons. For this
>> > particular issue, I'd prefer to implement the fix it rather then saying
>> it's
>> > incompatible. First thing to do until a release is done, is to at least
>> > document this on the wiki.
>> > The client relies on the XML-RPC and REST APIs which means that it
>> should be
>> > compatible with the server as long as nothing changes in the API specs.
>> > I cannot confirm the exact cause of the issue yet. But based on the hint
>> > from Marius I could say that the xhtml parser should have accepted the
>> old
>> > image marker for several versions. XML-RPC is a backwards compatible
>> API,
>> > once we introduced the conversion methods, it means we commit to having
>> them
>> > working properly across several XWiki versions.
>>
>> On the server side, in the rendering module, we have *voluntarily* broken
>> several APIs. See the release notes for 2.5:
>>
>> http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main/ReleaseNotesXWikiEnterprise25#HAPIBreakages
>>
>> I don't know how this can affect you (i.e how this can affect the XMLRPC
>> module).
>>
>> But if you produce XHTML on the XOffice side and if this XHTML contains
>> markers then the marker syntax has changed in 2.5.

> I'd like to get XWord working, even if it means hacking it myself.
> Can anyone give me some pointers on what has to be done?
>
> thanks
> Paul

Hi again,

I've downloaded the xoffice svn and am trying to build it with MS VC 2010,
but it says the .pfx files are password protected.   I tried to Install the
PFX files, and its asking for a password.

Whats the password?
or, if you can't give that out, how can i create my own pfx files so I can
build it?

On 8 December 2010 20:16, Paul Harris <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 7 December 2010 21:34, Paul Harris <[hidden email]> wrote:

>>> when
>>> expectations.
>>> 2.5
>>> module)

>>> this
>>> for
>>> public

>>> it's

>>> it's
>>> should be
>>> hint
>>> old
>>> API,
>>> them
>>>
>>> On the server side, in the rendering module, we have *voluntarily* broken
>>> several APIs. See the release notes for 2.5:
>>>
>>> http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main/ReleaseNotesXWikiEnterprise25#HAPIBreakages
>>>
>>> I don't know how this can affect you (i.e how this can affect the XMLRPC
>>> module).
>>>
>>> But if you produce XHTML on the XOffice side and if this XHTML contains
>>> markers then the marker syntax has changed in 2.5.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> -Vincent
>>>

>> I'd like to get XWord working, even if it means hacking it myself.
>> Can anyone give me some pointers on what has to be done?
>>
>> thanks
>> Paul
>>

> Hi again,
>
> I've downloaded the xoffice svn and am trying to build it with MS VC 2010,
> but it says the .pfx files are password protected.   I tried to Install the
> PFX files, and its asking for a password.
>
> Whats the password?
> or, if you can't give that out, how can i create my own pfx files so I can
> build it?

Never mind, I managed to create my own pfx

Re: Confusion over XWord versions

Florin Ciubotaru
Hi Paul,

Indeed, if you want your custom build you will need you own .pfx.

Florin Ciubotaru