[Contrib] New extension request

caubin
Hi devs,

For the next few months, on my free time, I would like to create an
XWiki extension that allows document import using OCR (Optical Character
Recognition).

I think that I'll be able to create the JIRA project myself, but could
someone create the repository for this project on XWiki Contrib ?

Here are some usual infos:

* Repository name / Application name: `application-ocrimport`
* Application description: `Creates Wiki documents from images or
scanned PDFs using optical character recognition`
* GitHub username: `aubincleme`

Please let me know if you need something else.

Thanks,
Clément

Re: [Contrib] New extension request

On Mon, Nov 20, 2017 at 8:47 AM, Clément Aubin <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi devs,
>
> For the next few months, on my free time, I would like to create an
> XWiki extension that allows document import using OCR (Optical Character
> Recognition).
>
> I think that I'll be able to create the JIRA project myself, but could
> someone create the repository for this project on XWiki Contrib ?

You can now do it yourself ;)

> Here are some usual infos:
>
> * Repository name / Application name: `application-ocrimport`
> * Application description: `Creates Wiki documents from images or
> scanned PDFs using optical character recognition`
> * GitHub username: `aubincleme`
>
> Please let me know if you need something else.
>
> Thanks,
> Clément

Re: [Contrib] New extension request

By the way, great idea, hope you make it :)

On Mon, Nov 20, 2017 at 9:14 AM, Thomas Mortagne
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 20, 2017 at 8:47 AM, Clément Aubin <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi devs,
>>
>> For the next few months, on my free time, I would like to create an
>> XWiki extension that allows document import using OCR (Optical Character
>> Recognition).
>>
>> I think that I'll be able to create the JIRA project myself, but could
>> someone create the repository for this project on XWiki Contrib ?
>
> You can now do it yourself ;)
>

>> Here are some usual infos:
>>
>> * Repository name / Application name: `application-ocrimport`
>> * Application description: `Creates Wiki documents from images or
>> scanned PDFs using optical character recognition`
>> * GitHub username: `aubincleme`
>>
>> Please let me know if you need something else.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Clément

Re: [Contrib] New extension request

> On 20 Nov 2017, at 09:14, Thomas Mortagne <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> On Mon, Nov 20, 2017 at 8:47 AM, Clément Aubin <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi devs,
>>
>> For the next few months, on my free time, I would like to create an
>> XWiki extension that allows document import using OCR (Optical Character
>> Recognition).
>>
>> I think that I'll be able to create the JIRA project myself, but could
>> someone create the repository for this project on XWiki Contrib ?
>
> You can now do it yourself ;)

BTW here are some guidelines for creating the JIRA + github repo:
http://contrib.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main/WebHome#HForXWikiAdmins