[Contrib] Request for a repository for a tool to export documents to spreadsheet

[Contrib] Request for a repository for a tool to export documents to spreadsheet

Anca Luca
Hello all,

I would need a repository on xwiki-contrib to publish an extension to allow
exporting a bunch of documents to a spreadsheet format: one line per
document, with configurable columns read from the objects of those
documents.
Currently it exports only CSV but we could add other spreadsheet
formats (notably
xls), so it should have a more generic name than csv. Not sure if it would
contain other formats that are not spreadsheet-like, so I think spreadsheet
is enough.

Thanks,
Anca

Re: [Contrib] Request for a repository for a tool to export documents to spreadsheet

> On 23 Feb 2018, at 10:24, Anca Luca <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello all,
>
> I would need a repository on xwiki-contrib to publish an extension to allow
> exporting a bunch of documents to a spreadsheet format: one line per
> document, with configurable columns read from the objects of those
> documents.
> Currently it exports only CSV but we could add other spreadsheet
> formats (notably
> xls), so it should have a more generic name than csv. Not sure if it would
> contain other formats that are not spreadsheet-like, so I think spreadsheet
> is enough.

We need to find the name: http://contrib.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main/WebHome#HChoosingthename

application-spreadsheet ?
application-spreadsheet-export ?

Is it made of pages, does it have some Java JARs?

> Anca

Re: [Contrib] Request for a repository for a tool to export documents to spreadsheet

Anca Luca
Hello Vincent,

On Fri, Feb 23, 2018 at 10:31 AM, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:

> > On 23 Feb 2018, at 10:24, Anca Luca <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hello all,
> >
> > I would need a repository on xwiki-contrib to publish an extension to
> allow
> > exporting a bunch of documents to a spreadsheet format: one line per
> > document, with configurable columns read from the objects of those
> > documents.
> > Currently it exports only CSV but we could add other spreadsheet
> > formats (notably
> > xls), so it should have a more generic name than csv. Not sure if it
> would
> > contain other formats that are not spreadsheet-like, so I think
> spreadsheet
> > is enough.
>
> We need to find the name: http://contrib.xwiki.org/
> xwiki/bin/view/Main/WebHome#HChoosingthename
>
> application-spreadsheet ?
> application-spreadsheet-export ?

application-export-spreadsheet ?

> Is it made of pages, does it have some Java JARs?

only pages, for now. Could change in the future, though.

Thanks!

> > Anca

Re: [Contrib] Request for a repository for a tool to export documents to spreadsheet

Done:
* Github: https://github.com/xwiki-contrib/application-export-spreadsheet
* JIRA: https://jira.xwiki.org/browse/SPREADEXP

>>> Anca