[Contrib] Transfered xwiki-social-login to contrib

[Contrib] Transfered xwiki-social-login to contrib

Jérôme Velociter
Hello all,

FYI I've transfered the xwiki-social-login from my account to
xwiki-contrib on github.

Old references should still work as I've cloned it in my account.

Jerome

Re: [Contrib] Transfered xwiki-social-login to contrib

Hi Jerome,

On Feb 4, 2013, at 12:04 PM, Jerome Velociter <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> FYI I've transfered the xwiki-social-login from my account to xwiki-contrib on github.
>
> Old references should still work as I've cloned it in my account.

cool

I think we could propose this as a rule:

* If possible create new xwiki-related modules in xwiki-contrib. Just ask on devs list and you'll get a repo
* If you have already a module started in some existing github repo, just tell us and we'll clone that repo in xwiki-contrib. This allow you to continue to work in your repo and do some pushes/PR and others to see it in the xwiki-contrib repo and work on it too.

Le 04/02/13 12:28, Vincent Massol a écrit :

> Hi Jerome,
>
> On Feb 4, 2013, at 12:04 PM, Jerome Velociter <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hello all,
>>
>> FYI I've transfered the xwiki-social-login from my account to xwiki-contrib on github.
>>
>> Old references should still work as I've cloned it in my account.
> cool
>
> I think we could propose this as a rule:
>
> * If possible create new xwiki-related modules in xwiki-contrib. Just ask on devs list and you'll get a repo
> * If you have already a module started in some existing github repo, just tell us and we'll clone that repo in xwiki-contrib. This allow you to continue to work in your repo and do some pushes/PR and others to see it in the xwiki-contrib repo and work on it too.

One could argue that ownership transfert makes it clearer which is the
"official" repos (even though the reference information is the link on
the extension page on extension.xwiki.org).

On Feb 4, 2013, at 12:35 PM, Jerome Velociter <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Le 04/02/13 12:28, Vincent Massol a écrit :
>> Hi Jerome,
>>
>> On Feb 4, 2013, at 12:04 PM, Jerome Velociter <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello all,
>>>
>>> FYI I've transfered the xwiki-social-login from my account to xwiki-contrib on github.
>>>
>>> Old references should still work as I've cloned it in my account.
>> cool
>>
>> I think we could propose this as a rule:
>>
>> * If possible create new xwiki-related modules in xwiki-contrib. Just ask on devs list and you'll get a repo
>> * If you have already a module started in some existing github repo, just tell us and we'll clone that repo in xwiki-contrib. This allow you to continue to work in your repo and do some pushes/PR and others to see it in the xwiki-contrib repo and work on it too.
>
> One could argue that ownership transfert makes it clearer which is the "official" repos (even though the reference information is the link on the extension page on extension.xwiki.org).

Yes which is why I said that the first point is preferred but I think we could accept the second option too. FTR this is what jenkins does and how I came to think about this option for us too ;)