Creating a page with dot on the Title

Art Yeung
Hi all,

When I create a page in a Space called "MySpace" using Title "a.b.c" , it created a page call "c" under the space "a.b". (a.b: c)
Is there anyway I can allow users create document with dot on the Title please? I would expect the document to be called "MySpace: a.b.c"

Many Thanks
Art

Re: Creating a page with dot on the Title

Hi Art,

On Sep 23, 2008, at 12:49 PM, Art Yeung wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> When I create a page in a Space called "MySpace" using Title
> "a.b.c" , it
> created a page call "c" under the space "a.b". (a.b: c)
> Is there anyway I can allow users create document with dot on the
> Title
> please? I would expect the document to be called "MySpace: a.b.c"

The dot character is reserved so you cannot create documents with
dots. However you can have a dot in a document's title.

Re: Creating a page with dot on the Title

Hamster
Something seems to be broken in XWiki 4.0 as we are able to create pages which containts DOTs!

Problem then is, that Lucene can't/doesn't/won't index that page and the user can't find/search for information on that page.

For example:
Create a page with a DOT in the name, for example "Mijn.Test" and take a look at the Class of that page, you will see "Mijn\.Test"

An "\" has been added to escape the DOT (at least, that's what I think), causing trouble for the search engine.

Anyone else notice this behaviour? Is this fixed in XWiki 5.x?

Re: Creating a page with dot on the Title

Marius Dumitru Florea
On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 10:23 AM, Hamster <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Something seems to be broken in XWiki 4.0 as we are able to create pages
> which containts DOTs!
>
> Problem then is, that Lucene can't/doesn't/won't index that page and the
> user can't find/search for information on that page.
>
> For example:
> Create a page with a DOT in the name, for example "Mijn.Test" and take a
> look at the Class of that page, you will see "Mijn\.Test"
>
> An "\" has been added to escape the DOT (at least, that's what I think),
> causing trouble for the search engine.

Yes, the backslash is for escaping the dot so that it isn't considered
as space-page separator when the document reference is
parsed/resolved, but this is only when the document reference is
serialized. The dot is allowed in the page name and the reference
serialization with backslash is perfectly normal. Lucene should either
use a document reference resolver or get the document name using the
API. If it doesn't then it's a bug in Lucene. I doubt that's the
problem though.

Hope this helps,
Marius

> Anyone else notice this behaviour? Is this fixed in XWiki 5.x?

Re: Creating a page with dot on the Title

Hamster
Yes, the dot in the name of the page is EXACTLY the problem.

The minute we rename the page and remove the DOT, the page is index by lucene and searchable.