Customizing export

hel-o
Another question,

we've been trying to change the pdf export layout:

http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/AdminGuide/Configuration#HCustomizingthePDFexportLook26Feel

Created the Class, and a new pdf export definition.

Now changing the style works but when we try to change xhtmlxsl or fopxsl nothing happens.

Is this a know bug or is there somthing one should know ....

Second question:

Is this a way to create a own export definition for another format e.g latex

Thanks
hel.
semantic-web.hel.at
hel@hel.at

Re: Customizing export

x-ray
Hi hel-o,

Did you finally find a solution for your problem?
I have the same problem. I want to change the PDF layout and structure. The wiki page here (http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/AdminGuide/Configuration#HCustomizingthePDFexportLook26Feel) is a good start but it does not explain in detail how to change the fopxsl or xhtmlxsl. An example with some code snippets would be great.

Anybody who can help? Thanks.
Would be much appreciated.

Ralf

hel-o wrote
Another question,

we've been trying to change the pdf export layout:

http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/AdminGuide/Configuration#HCustomizingthePDFexportLook26Feel

Created the Class, and a new pdf export definition.

Now changing the style works but when we try to change xhtmlxsl or fopxsl nothing happens.

Is this a know bug or is there somthing one should know ....

Second question:

Is this a way to create a own export definition for another format e.g latex

Thanks
hel.

Re: Customizing export

rrodrigueznt
Hi Ralf, Hel-o,

The page/section you are pointing out contains only a simplified
graphic. I've not been able yet to understand how this fit, or it
doesn't with the new components infrastructure.

Another "must"...

http://code.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Modules/RenderingModule

There are also a number of related threads in the devs list. Please,
look for equations rendering, MathTran or TeX in devs list and in Jira
(http://jira.xwiki.org/jira/browse). There are a big number of pending
issues where I am sure your help will be greatly welcome!

As far as I see, devs are pretty busy polishing the new XWiki 2.0 RC1. I
think that to document how things are currently doing related to PDF/RTF
customized export, and in many other areas!, is a work to be done.

Still, another clue from a message recently sent by Sergiu....

****

[Ricardo Rodriguez] Your EPEC Network ICT Team wrote:

> > Hi, Sergiu, all,

> > Please, does this work open a door to LaTeX as a supported syntax for
> > XWiki? Not only for equations/formulas but for whole documents? Thanks.

This, no, but the new parsing/rendering engine does. I see there already
is a tex part in
http://svn.xwiki.org/svnroot/xwiki/platform/core/trunk/xwiki-rendering/xwiki-rendering-api/src/main/java/org/xwiki/rendering/internal/renderer/tex/

*****

To contribute on this topic implies to dig into source code. I think
that this thread in devs could ease the path to a better understanding
about XWiki architecture!

How to Automatically Build and Run Xwiki Within Eclipse?
http://tinyurl.com/lf6lrp

HTH,

Ricardo

--