Dashboard customization

Nicolas Jouanin
Hi,

how do you change the default dashboard layout ?
I mean dashboard source shows :
{{dashboard source="Main.Dashboard"/}}

and Main.Dashboard has:
{{dashboard/}}

How do you change for example the dashbord layout or limit the liste of
spaces shown ?

Re: Dashboard customization

Lockie
Nicolas Jouanin wrote
Hi,

how do you change the default dashboard layout ?
I mean dashboard source shows :
{{dashboard source="Main.Dashboard"/}}

and Main.Dashboard has:
{{dashboard/}}

How do you change for example the dashbord layout or limit the liste of
spaces shown ?
Hi Nicolas,

You'll want to navigate to Main.Dashboard then Edit it in Source mode. You'll notice the dashboard is split into two columns - (% class="dashboardleft" %) and (% class="dashboardright" %). You can delete or comment out the parts you don't want (e.g. tag cloud) and you can embed other pages using {{include document="SpaceName.PageName"/}}.

To control the amount of spaces listed, alter the number in this line (100 is default):

#set($limit = 100)## Maximum number of documents we display in the space dashboard list

Hope that helps
Lockie

On Mar 16, 2011, at 2:26 PM, Nicolas Jouanin wrote:

> Hi,
>
> how do you change the default dashboard layout ?

Simply Edit the home page in Inline mode and you'll be able to drag and drop gadgets around, removing a column, adding a new one, etc.

> I mean dashboard source shows :
> {{dashboard source="Main.Dashboard"/}}
>
> and Main.Dashboard has:
> {{dashboard/}}
>
> How do you change for example the dashbord layout or limit the liste of
> spaces shown ?

The spaces are listed with the spaces gadget. Just go to MAin.Dashboard and edit in Object mode.
In the near future, Anca is going to commit gadget edition (she has it on her machine but still requires some testing).

Re: Dashboard customization

Anca Luca
On Wed, 2011-03-16 at 22:55 -0700, Lockie wrote:

> Nicolas Jouanin wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > how do you change the default dashboard layout ?
> > I mean dashboard source shows :
> > {{dashboard source="Main.Dashboard"/}}
> >
> > and Main.Dashboard has:
> > {{dashboard/}}
> >
> > How do you change for example the dashbord layout or limit the liste of
> > spaces shown ?
> >
> Hi Nicolas,
>
> You'll want to navigate to Main.Dashboard then Edit it in Source mode.
> You'll notice the dashboard is split into two columns - (%
> class="dashboardleft" %) and (% class="dashboardright" %). You can delete or
> comment out the parts you don't want (e.g. tag cloud) and you can embed
> other pages using {{include document="SpaceName.PageName"/}}.

Hi Lockie,

This is no longer true from around 2.5 onwards, when we started to
implement a dashboard macro to allow easier configuration of the main
dashboard and creation of other dashboards. All those includes are now
macro calls and in version 3.0 they are actually objects stored in the
page. Nicolas refers to the 3.0 (M3) version of the dashboard (by the
content that he has in Main.WebHome).

I should have a link to documentation of the dashboard macro here, but
since it's not updated yet, I don't :(.

Happy XWiki-ing,
Anca

> To control the amount of spaces listed, alter the number in this line (100
> is default):
>
> #set($limit = 100)## Maximum number of documents we display in the space
> dashboard list
>
> Hope that helps
>
> -----
> ----
> Lockie

WatchListRss and virtual wiki

Werner Greßhoff
Hello,

we are using XWiki 2.7.0 with farming activated and are observing
problems regarding the WatchList feed. We are observing 2 problems:

- the link in the generated feed points to the master wiki
- the feed is empty

We don't use virtual domains, so perhaps this is the problem?
The Blog Rss feed has the same problems while the RSS feed (WebRSS)
with full activity has no problems at all.
I had a look at the velocity code of WatchListRSS an WebRSS: the former
is much simpler, but I don't have a clue regarding velocity.
XWiki 2.7.1 (no farming activated) shows no problems.
--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Werner Greßhoff
Dezernet 2 - Digitale Dienste
Universitäts- und Landesbibliothek Münster

Re: WatchListRss and virtual wiki

Werner Greßhoff
Hello,

any ideas anybody?
I just tried in the farm manager and think it's just working fine
there. It's only the virtual wikis and what I saw from Jira it was
all resolved a long time ago.
I guess we are upgrading to 3.0 when it arrives and retry.