Deleting classes

Matthew Conway
Hi all,

I've noticed that if I delete a class document, xwiki does not delete
the entry from the xwikiclasses table, nor does it delete the properties
asscoiated with that class from the xwikiclassesprop table.  Thus when I
recreate the class document, all the old properties are still there.  Is
this intentional or a bug?

This all stemmed from me trying to delete a class property (can only do
so with direct db modification), so I was hoping that deleting the class
doc would be a workaround, but doesn't seem to be - unless I'm missing
something ...?  I'm still new to xwiki to trying to understand the
relationships between entities.    Thanks,

Matt

Re: Deleting classes

kaaloo
Hi Matthew,

Yes this issue has been mentioned before and searching through jira I could not find it so it hasn't been reported there.  Would you mind doing this at jira.xwiki.org ?  There are certainly some issues here that need resolution.  It should not be possible to delete a class document if there are any object instances lying around.  It might be a bit hairy to remove that class through the database because you would have to go through all the properties tables and make sure you got any object instances deleted too, but it's possible.  Make sure you backup your database first !

Luis.

On 7/28/05, Matthew Conway <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,

I've noticed that if I delete a class document, xwiki does not delete
the entry from the xwikiclasses table, nor does it delete the properties
asscoiated with that class from the xwikiclassesprop table.  Thus when I
recreate the class document, all the old properties are still there.  Is
this intentional or a bug?

This all stemmed from me trying to delete a class property (can only do
so with direct db modification), so I was hoping that deleting the class
doc would be a workaround, but doesn't seem to be - unless I'm missing
something ...?  I'm still new to xwiki to trying to understand the
relationships between entities.    Thanks,

Matt

Luis Arias
http://www.xwiki.com
http://www.innover-entreprendre.net
skype : kaaloo
+33 6 14 20 87 93 mobile

Re: Deleting classes

There is a bug with this.. You should enter a task on
http://jira.xwiki.org to fix it

Ludovic

Matthew Conway wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've noticed that if I delete a class document, xwiki does not delete
> the entry from the xwikiclasses table, nor does it delete the
> properties asscoiated with that class from the xwikiclassesprop
> table.  Thus when I recreate the class document, all the old
> properties are still there.  Is this intentional or a bug?
>
> This all stemmed from me trying to delete a class property (can only
> do so with direct db modification), so I was hoping that deleting the
> class doc would be a workaround, but doesn't seem to be - unless I'm
> missing something ...?  I'm still new to xwiki to trying to understand
> the relationships between entities.    Thanks,
>
> Matt

Re: Deleting classes

Matthew Conway

Bug report at http://jira.xwiki.org/jira/browse/XWIKI-138

> resolution.  It should not be possible to delete a class document if
> there are any object instances lying around.

I didn't actually have any object instances at that time, but I just
tried this and it still allowed me to delete the class doc with an
instance of the object existing - after which the instance was visible
in the other doc's object editor, but clicking on it did not display it.

Thanks,

Matt

Re: Deleting classes

kaaloo
Great !  Thank you for reporting this !  Now we just have to fix it ! ;)