Dev questions

Guillaume Sauthier (Objectweb)
Hi Gang !

I've got some questions concerning the development of XWiki extensions :

I've written a simple radeox macro that output a table; basically, it
outputs "{table}" with contents in the macro writer.
It works really fine until I decided to use the macro content
(params.getContent()) !
If I only use my macro like this ({mymacro:<params>}), outputed tables
seems to be interpreted correctly. But if I have the content
({mymacro}<content>{mymacro}), inner {table} seems to be no more
interpreted. Why ?

Other question : Is this possible to configure a radeox macro as easily
as an xwiki plugin ?
With XWiki plugins, you have a context, and then you can access the Wiki
and its configuration.
But how can I do the equivalent with radeox macro ?

Thanks
Guillaume

Guillaume.Sauthier.vcf (457 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: Dev questions

jeremi joslin
On 9/11/06, Guillaume Sauthier <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Gang !
>
> I've got some questions concerning the development of XWiki extensions :
>
> I've written a simple radeox macro that output a table; basically, it
> outputs "{table}" with contents in the macro writer.
> It works really fine until I decided to use the macro content
> (params.getContent()) !
> If I only use my macro like this ({mymacro:<params>}), outputed tables
> seems to be interpreted correctly. But if I have the content
> ({mymacro}<content>{mymacro}), inner {table} seems to be no more
> interpreted. Why ?
>
> Other question : Is this possible to configure a radeox macro as easily
> as an xwiki plugin ?
I was going to give you has example your code :-)

> With XWiki plugins, you have a context, and then you can access the Wiki
> and its configuration.
> But how can I do the equivalent with radeox macro ?
Why you don't want to use plugins? It's better to use a plugin,
because the plugin can give you the data, and after you render them in
a velocity macro (like in macro.vm)

I or Ludovic will reply to your others questions later, i should look
for the answer. :-)

--
jeremi

Re: Dev questions

jeremi joslin wrote:

> On 9/11/06, Guillaume Sauthier <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi Gang !
>>
>> I've got some questions concerning the development of XWiki extensions :
>>
>> I've written a simple radeox macro that output a table; basically, it
>> outputs "{table}" with contents in the macro writer.
>> It works really fine until I decided to use the macro content
>> (params.getContent()) !
>> If I only use my macro like this ({mymacro:<params>}), outputed tables
>> seems to be interpreted correctly. But if I have the content
>> ({mymacro}<content>{mymacro}), inner {table} seems to be no more
>> interpreted. Why ?
>>
>> Other question : Is this possible to configure a radeox macro as easily
>> as an xwiki plugin ?
> I was going to give you has example your code :-)
>

>> With XWiki plugins, you have a context, and then you can access the Wiki
>> and its configuration.
>> But how can I do the equivalent with radeox macro ?
> Why you don't want to use plugins? It's better to use a plugin,
> because the plugin can give you the data, and after you render them in
> a velocity macro (like in macro.vm)
I like macro because installation is sooo simple !
You just have to drop a jar file in your XWiki installation and you're
done !

I know that XWiki plugins are not so hard to install (this is just a
property to modify) but that's still harder to change something in a
file manually than dropping a jar somewhere.

I think I'm missing an example for the plugins rendering part.
Where is this macro.vm ?

Is this allowing us to call our macro the usual macro way ?
{mymacro:<my parameters>}

> I or Ludovic will reply to your others questions later, i should look
> for the answer. :-)

Thanks
Guillaume

Guillaume.Sauthier.vcf (457 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: Dev questions

Guillaume Sauthier (Objectweb)
Any news ?

heers