Distribution Wizard

hamiazuhk26
Hi there,

Just want to ask where to find this path /var/lib/tomcatX/webapps/ ??
My distribution wizard is fail to appear at startup, and some notes said to delete this file.
I dont found this path.

Somebody help

Re: Distribution Wizard

Marius Dumitru Florea
On Mon, Dec 19, 2016 at 8:38 AM, hamiazuhk26 <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> Just want to ask where to find this path /var/lib/tomcatX/webapps/ ??

That is an absolute UNIX path. If you're asking this question then I
suppose you're using Windows, right?

> My distribution wizard is fail to appear at startup, and some notes said to
> delete this file.

Which notes? Can you give us a link? Maybe these notes have a section
dedicated to Windows.

Hope this helps,
Marius

> I dont found this path.
>
> Somebody help

Re: Distribution Wizard

hamiazuhk26
HI Marius, yes I am using windows
Here is the link :

http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Features/DistributionWizard#troubleshooting
(under troubleshooting topic)

My question is why my distribution wizard is not appear and I try to unistall and install back my xwiki 8.4 version and still can't trigger the distribution wizard.

Can you advise?

Re: Distribution Wizard

Marius Dumitru Florea
On Tue, Dec 20, 2016 at 3:47 AM, hamiazuhk26 <[hidden email]> wrote:

> HI Marius, yes I am using windows
> Here is the link :
>
> http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Features/DistributionWizard#
> troubleshooting
> (under troubleshooting topic)

The location of the permanent directory (where the job statuses that you
are supposed to delete are kept) depends on how you installed XWiki, and
you didn't mention anything about this. Did you use the Windows Installer?
Or did you use the Jetty+HSQLDB package? Or did you use the WAR package?

Moreover, the location of the permanent directory is configurable from the
xwiki.properties file (look for it).

> My question is why my distribution wizard is not appear and I try to
> unistall and install back my xwiki 8.4 version and still can't trigger the
> distribution wizard.
>
> Can you advise?

Re: Distribution Wizard

hamiazuhk26
Hi Marius,

I am using the windows installer (.exe).
The configuration that you mention is uncomment the job.statusFolder rght?
You can see the snapshot below: