Do not allow force editing

Frantisek Kall
Hi all,

Is it possible to set xwiki server do not allow force editing?

Or just remove link for editing from notice that object is curently locked would by better.

Thank you for your help!

Frantisek Kall

Re: Do not allow force editing

Caleb James DeLisle
Both can be handled by editing the edit.vm file in the /templates/ folder inside of the .war file.
Right under this code comment is the part you are interested in.
"
## Is the document being edited by another user?
## If yes, warn about it and show a forcing link:
"

Caleb

Frantisek Kall wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Is it possible to set xwiki server do not allow force editing?
>
> Or just remove link for editing from notice that object is curently locked
> would by better.
>

> Thank you for your help!
>

> Frantisek Kall

Re: Do not allow force editing

Frantisek Kall
Hi Caleb

Thank you very much. It helped.

Frantisek

Re: Do not allow force editing

Frantisek Kall
Hi Caleb,
 because I am testing force editing I found out issue in this area.
If wiki is set multilingual and you chose other language then english:
1. Name of user who lock page is missing
2. If somebody start editing (lock a page) then cancel editing, page remains lock until user save page

Should I raise issue in JIRA?

Frantisek

Re: Do not allow force editing

Caleb James DeLisle
That does indeed sound like a bug, thanks for finding it and please do report the issue.

Caleb