Document tree macro including pages from other spaces

Document tree macro including pages from other spaces

Jamal
This post was updated on .
Hi,

I am using XWiki version 6.3.

I have a wiki in which several spaces have pages with the same name, like so:

Space 1
        |_ MyPage

Space 2
        |_ MyPage

I would like for the "MyPage" in each space to list its child documents.

When I use the Document Tree macro for this, it lists the subpages of every page named MyPage, irrespective of what space it's in.

This happens even when I specify the full "document:wiki:Space.Path" in the "root" setting.

If I rename the pages as "MyPage - Space 1" and "MyPage - Space 2" for example, this doesn't happen.

Is this the normal behavior when 2 or more spaces have pages with identical names?

Re: Document tree macro including pages from other spaces

Marius Dumitru Florea
On Thu, Mar 5, 2015 at 10:29 PM, Jamal <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a wiki in which several spaces have pages with the same name, like
> so:
>
> Space 1
>         |_ MyPage
>
> Space 2
>         |_ MyPage
>
> I would like for the "MyPage" in each space to list its child documents.
>

> When I use the Document Tree macro for this, it lists the subpages of every
> page named MyPage, irrespective of what space it's in.

It works fine for me, see http://imgur.com/hMeH5IB . First MyPage is
from Space 1 and the second is from Space 2. Each has its own distinct
children.

If you can send me a XAR with some sample document hierarchy that
reproduces the problem then I can debug it.

> This happens even when I specify the full "document:wiki:Space.Path" in the
> "root" setting.
>
> If I rename the pages as "MyPage - Space 1" and "MyPage - Space 2" for
> example, this doesn't happen.
>
> Is this the normal behavior when 2 or more spaces have pages with identical
> names?

Re: Document tree macro including pages from other spaces

Jamal
Hi Marius,

Thanks for the offer, but in the in the interim I've upgraded to 6.4.2 and it works. If it happens again, I'll send and XAR right away.