[Documentation] Upgrade

Since I didn't understood a lot of things the first time I've read the
Update documentation, I've made a proposal on improving the grouping of the
content.

You can see:
- The original
https://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Documentation/AdminGuide/Upgrade
- The proposal
https://design.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Proposal/Upgrade/SimplerUpgrade/Draft

Since the content is highly technical, if you find mistakes or want to add
stuff, please just edit them yourself. I've just took the existing content
and reorganize it.

Let me know what you think about this version and if we can replace the
current version with the draft.

Thank you,

Re: [Documentation] Upgrade

I agree that your new organization of the page makes it more clear.

I would replace "Upgrading the wiki pages" by "Upgrading the flavor"
since the flavor actually bring more that wiki pages.

Method 2.B should probably be completely removed since it does not
make sense anymore in the currently supported branches.
On Wed, Sep 26, 2018 at 4:58 PM Ecaterina Moraru (Valica)

> Since I didn't understood a lot of things the first time I've read the
> Update documentation, I've made a proposal on improving the grouping of the
> content.
>
> You can see:
> - The original
> https://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Documentation/AdminGuide/Upgrade
> - The proposal
> https://design.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Proposal/Upgrade/SimplerUpgrade/Draft
>
> Since the content is highly technical, if you find mistakes or want to add
> stuff, please just edit them yourself. I've just took the existing content
> and reorganize it.
>
> Let me know what you think about this version and if we can replace the
> current version with the draft.
>
> Thank you,
> Caty

Re: [Documentation] Upgrade

Ecaterina Moraru (Valica)
I've replaced the original version with the proposal. Let me know if there
are issues. We can fix them or Rollback.

On Fri, Sep 28, 2018 at 6:27 PM Thomas Mortagne <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> I agree that your new organization of the page makes it more clear.
>
> I would replace "Upgrading the wiki pages" by "Upgrading the flavor"
> since the flavor actually bring more that wiki pages.
>
> Method 2.B should probably be completely removed since it does not
> make sense anymore in the currently supported branches.
> On Wed, Sep 26, 2018 at 4:58 PM Ecaterina Moraru (Valica)
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hi devs,
> >
> > Since I didn't understood a lot of things the first time I've read the
> > Update documentation, I've made a proposal on improving the grouping of
> the
> > content.
> >
> > You can see:
> > - The original
> > https://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Documentation/AdminGuide/Upgrade
> > - The proposal
> >
> https://design.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Proposal/Upgrade/SimplerUpgrade/Draft
> >
> > Since the content is highly technical, if you find mistakes or want to
> add
> > stuff, please just edit them yourself. I've just took the existing
> content
> > and reorganize it.
> >
> > Let me know what you think about this version and if we can replace the
> > current version with the draft.
> >
> > Thank you,
> > Caty

Re: [Documentation] Upgrade

I removed the manual upgrade of the flavor since it does not make much
sense to keep it especially for an upgrade since there is very little
chance than anyone ever upgrade to something older than the supported
branches.
On Fri, Oct 12, 2018 at 5:13 PM Ecaterina Moraru (Valica)
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I've replaced the original version with the proposal. Let me know if there
> are issues. We can fix them or Rollback.
>
> Thanks,
> Caty
>
> On Fri, Sep 28, 2018 at 6:27 PM Thomas Mortagne <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > I agree that your new organization of the page makes it more clear.
> >
> > I would replace "Upgrading the wiki pages" by "Upgrading the flavor"
> > since the flavor actually bring more that wiki pages.
> >
> > Method 2.B should probably be completely removed since it does not
> > make sense anymore in the currently supported branches.
> > On Wed, Sep 26, 2018 at 4:58 PM Ecaterina Moraru (Valica)
> > <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi devs,
> > >
> > > Since I didn't understood a lot of things the first time I've read the
> > > Update documentation, I've made a proposal on improving the grouping of
> > the
> > > content.
> > >
> > > You can see:
> > > - The original
> > > https://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Documentation/AdminGuide/Upgrade
> > > - The proposal
> > >
> > https://design.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Proposal/Upgrade/SimplerUpgrade/Draft
> > >
> > > Since the content is highly technical, if you find mistakes or want to
> > add
> > > stuff, please just edit them yourself. I've just took the existing
> > content
> > > and reorganize it.
> > >
> > > Let me know what you think about this version and if we can replace the
> > > current version with the draft.
> > >
> > > Thank you,
> > > Caty
> >

> > --