Dotx file attachments open as zips in IE8

Dotx file attachments open as zips in IE8

Lockie
Hi all

I need to be able to attach Word 2007 templates (.dotx) on pages, but when I try downloading them in IE8 they download as zips full of xml files. I tracked down where this is held in xwiki>WEB-INF>web.xml and towards the bottom of the file there are mime mappings and I notice the one for .dotx is missing?

I tried adding

  <mime-mapping>
<extension>dotx</extension>
<mime-type>application/msword</mime-type>
</mime-mapping>

  <mime-mapping>
        <extension>dotx</extension
        <mine-type>application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.templateml.template</mime-type>
</mime-mapping>

but that prevented my wiki from working (DNS error), so how can I alter the file to get .dotx files to download as .dotx?

Thanks
Lockie

Re: Dotx file attachments open as zips in IE8

Eugen Colesnicov
<mime-mapping>
    <extension>dotx</extension>
    <mime-type>application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.wordprocessingml.template</mime-type>
  </mime-mapping>

It's enough.

But in any case - in your example you have error. compare with my variant. You can see, that in a line:
"<extension>dotx</extension>" you haven't last ">" ...

Also, I attached FULL list of MIME-types for all MSOffice and OpenOffice Applications. Standart XWiki installation have only some of them ...
x2scrap2.txt

Ah can't believe I missed that '>', but it's good to see I was atleast on the right track. Thanks!
Lockie

On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 23:07, Eugen Colesnicov <[hidden email]> wrote:

> <mime-mapping>
>    <extension>dotx</extension>
>
> <mime-type>application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.wordprocessingml.template</mime-type>
>  </mime-mapping>
>
> It's enough.
>
> But in any case - in your example you have error. compare with my variant.
> You can see, that in a line:
> "<extension>dotx</extension>" you haven't last ">" ...
>
> Also, I attached FULL list of MIME-types for all MSOffice and OpenOffice
> Applications. Standart XWiki installation have only some of them ...
> http://xwiki.475771.n2.nabble.com/file/n6029499/x2scrap2.txt x2scrap2.txt

Would be great to create a jira  issue for it with a patch ;)

Re: Dotx file attachments open as zips in IE8

Eugen Colesnicov
Thomas Mortagne wrote
Would be great to create a jira  issue for it with a patch ;)
Sorry for late. Done.
http://jira.xwiki.org/jira/browse/XE-841