Doubt

Filipe-5
Can anybody answer me?
What the difference between xWiki and Xwiki in EXO???

Att,
Filipe Fumaux

Re: [xwiki-users] Doubt

Ludovic Dubost

eXo is a portal server. Il allows to run XWiki JSR 168 portlets.
XWiki is able to run as a portlet and embed inside eXo

Unless you are an eXo user, you don't need to worry about XWiki in eXo

Ludovic

Filipe a écrit :

> Can anybody answer me?
> What the difference between xWiki and Xwiki in EXO???
>

> Att,
> Filipe Fumaux

Re: Re: [xwiki-users] Doubt

chandra sekhar-2
Hi ludovic,
Is eXo not a JSR-168 compliant Portal? If yes why do they have to make seperate "war" for eXo and seperate war for other JSR-168 compliant Portal suites. If an application (like xWiki) is exposed as a JSR-168 compliant portlet "war" then it should be deployable into any portal server that supports JSR-168 standard. why seperate wars for eXo and for other Portals?

Thank you,
Chandra Shekar.

Filipe a écrit :

> Can anybody answer me?
> What the difference between xWiki and Xwiki in EXO???
>

> Att,
> Filipe Fumaux

Re: Re: [xwiki-users] Doubt

Because currently XWiki is 98% JSR 168 compliant. There is still a
little bit of work to make it compliant, like getting rid of the
HTTPServletRequest casting of PortletRequest, or adding xwiki.portlet=1
config in addition to xwiki.exo=1 to separate the portlet config from
the authentication config (which is not in the specification and usually
needs to be done for a good integration in a portal)

There is not yet a separate war for eXo and other portals. There is one
portal war (currently called eXo) which has only been tested in eXo

Ludovic

chandra sekhar a écrit :

> Hi ludovic,
> Is eXo not a JSR-168 compliant Portal? If yes why do they have to make
> seperate "war" for eXo and seperate war for other JSR-168 compliant
> Portal suites. If an application (like xWiki) is exposed as a JSR-168
> compliant portlet "war" then it should be deployable into any portal
> server that supports JSR-168 standard. why seperate wars for eXo and
> for other Portals?
>
> Thank you,
> Chandra Shekar.
>
> */Ludovic Dubost <[hidden email]>/* wrote:
>

>     eXo is a portal server. Il allows to run XWiki JSR 168 portlets.
>     XWiki is able to run as a portlet and embed inside eXo
>
>     Unless you are an eXo user, you don't need to worry about XWiki in eXo
>
>     Ludovic
>
>     Filipe a écrit :
>     > Can anybody answer me?
>     > What the difference between xWiki and Xwiki in EXO???
>     >
>     >
>     > Att,
>     > Filipe Fumaux
>     >
>     >
>     >
>     >
>     >
>

>     --
>     Ludovic Dubost
>     XPertNet: http://www.xpertnet.fr/
>     Blog: http://www.ludovic.org/blog/
>     XWiki: http://www.xwiki.com
>     Skype: ldubost AIM: nvludo Yahoo: ludovic
>

>     --
>     You receive this message as a subscriber of the

> Get on board. You're invited
> <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=40791/*http://advision.webevents.yahoo.com/handraisers>
> to try the new Yahoo! Mail Beta.

Re: Re: [xwiki-users] Doubt

chandra sekhar-2
Hi,
Thank you ludovic for the response. That information is handy. I am just wondering when we can expect a generic (100%) xwiki JSR-168 compliant portlet that can be deployable to other portal servers such as Jetspeed, Liferay.

chandra sekhar a écrit :

> Hi ludovic,
> Is eXo not a JSR-168 compliant Portal? If yes why do they have to make
> seperate "war" for eXo and seperate war for other JSR-168 compliant
> Portal suites. If an application (like xWiki) is exposed as a JSR-168
> compliant portlet "war" then it should be deployable into any portal
> server that supports JSR-168 standard. why seperate wars for eXo and
> for other Portals?
>
> Thank you,
> Chandra Shekar.
>
> */Ludovic Dubost /* wrote:
>

> eXo is a portal server. Il allows to run XWiki JSR 168 portlets.
> XWiki is able to run as a portlet and embed inside eXo
>
> Unless you are an eXo user, you don't need to worry about XWiki in eXo
>
> Ludovic
>
> Filipe a écrit :
> > Can anybody answer me?
> > What the difference between xWiki and Xwiki in EXO???
> >

> > Att,
> > Filipe Fumaux

> Ludovic Dubost
> XPertNet: http://www.xpertnet.fr/
> Blog: http://www.ludovic.org/blog/
> XWiki: http://www.xwiki.com
> Skype: ldubost AIM: nvludo Yahoo: ludovic
>

> --
> You receive this message as a subscriber of the

> Get on board. You're invited
>
> to try the new Yahoo! Mail Beta.

Re: Re: [xwiki-users] Doubt

Ludovic Dubost

I can't give a date on this because it is not on our priority roadmap
So the response is:

- when somebody volunteers to do that work,
- or if we get a client sponsoring that work.

Ludovic